It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of lost little girls and orange semi's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't usually have many dreams, and most of the time when I do, they have more to do with undigested bits of sardines than with prophesy. But some years back, I had one that was revealed through the passage of time to be prophetic in nature, and I began to notice a pattern. It seems that when I do have a dream that is prophetic or spiritually-significant, it contains vivid colors. That first one long ago, for instance, contained a bright sky blue against a backdrop of more subdued colors (yes, I dream in color) which later did indeed symbolize my peace of mind and what was to become of it.

Another thing that marks them is they are usually very symbolic and I do not forget them easily. I can still see that first one to this day in my mind's eye.

Last night I had another dream. I am still trying to make heads or tails of it, but the color stood out: orange this time. I believe it to have some meaning.

In the dream I was in school and trying to make a living, just like I am now, but I wasn't here at my generational home. I was somewhere else, and had the feeling that I wasn't really at 'home'. I was going through the eveyday motions, laughing and joking with friends, but I also was well aware that something important was coming up: I had to return my truck for a new one and make a delivery run. In the dream my new truck was at a little Pilot fuel stop along the East Coast that I have actually visited a few times. I could see the map of where to go just like I normally see maps in my mind, and I remember thinking in the dream that it was a long way to go to just switch out trucks, and that because of that I would be away for some time.

Somehow I had to move from wherever it was I was living in the dream at the time into an apartment with someone I knew before I left, and I did so. It turned out to be a girl I had never seen before in real life, but who I somehow knew a little in my dream. After settling in, I went out to my truck, which was a vivid orange cabover model... which I also find strange because I abhor cabovers and have even turned down jobs in real life because I was told I would be driving one. Even stranger, this one would later drive and handle like a conventional bobtail semi.

As I got into the truck, I noticed that it was a mess (nothing unusual about that) and that there was this little girl, the daughter of someone I knew in the dream (but never could place in real life) who had been missing for a long time. She was upset but OK, surprising because I felt that the truck had sat for a very long time with her in it.

So I begin to drive the truck through town to go get my different truck to do a delivery in. Suddenly my best friend in real life was there and was going to team drive with me (he is not a trucker in real life). After a few minutes, we wind up at a race track, and suddenly he is racing the truck against regular cars around the track while I watch from the sideline. At one point, though, I guess I was afraid of missing the delivery, so I yelled for him to stop and let's get to work. I remember as the big orange cabover sped into sight, he locked the brakes so tight it actually spun to the side stopping. I climbed into the cab and we drove off, and that is when I woke up.

Inside the dream it felt as though ages had gone by, like I had been living an entire alternate life. It was so real it took me several moments upon awakening to realize I was at home in my bed being soaked by Tropical Depression Lee. So far as I can tell, the only thing the life inside the dream had in common with my life was the appearance of my friend and the fact that I was in school and knew how to drive a truck.

If anyone has any ideas on how to interpret this, please speak up. I have been looking up the color orange as it realtes to dreams, but I'm getting mixed results.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Your title reminds me of the girl in the book Lovely bones
Espeically where you talked about the missing little girl. You remind me of Ruth Connors. To me it sounds like you're longing for something in your life, I just don't know what it is. What are you missing OP ?
edit on 5-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I get a whole different feel from the poster above this. I get one of excitement, changes, liveliness. Are you making changes in your life that you are excited about? Perhaps there will be opportunities for such in the near future. I don't normally try to interpret dreams because, well, I just don't. But your dream did leave me feeling positive.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'd write down all the details and any hunches then start searching your local press for a missing girl that fits your description. The culprit might drive the van you didn't like. Hopefully you find nothing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Actually, I am in the process of turning my life completely upside-down right now. I am pursuing a new degree, working part-time jobs to get by until that, doing a little side manufacturing for extra bucks, and starting a new business.

But none of them have to do with a truck.... I have been off the road for so long, it would be hard to find a job driving again without going through retraining (which pays below minimum wage and keeps me away from home for months at a time), which I am not exactly prepared to do.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Actually, I am in the process of turning my life completely upside-down right now. I am pursuing a new degree, working part-time jobs to get by until that, doing a little side manufacturing for extra bucks, and starting a new business.

But none of them have to do with a truck.... I have been off the road for so long, it would be hard to find a job driving again without going through retraining (which pays below minimum wage and keeps me away from home for months at a time), which I am not exactly prepared to do.

TheRedneck

Well, that's definitely exciting, if not stressful!

Perhaps the truck is an anology for moving on in life / changing directions? I have no idea, just a feel that your dream was positive.

Take care of yourself and don't forget to relax!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Hmmmm, what am I missing? Peace of mind? As Iamonlyhuman said, this is a very stressful time for me. On top of everything else I have a sick wife to care for, and my last child is talking about the day he moves out. We'll be alone soon.

Perhaps time... time to do the things I want to do rather than the things I need to do. As I get older, things seem to take longer... I need more sleep, move slower, have to take my time more. Even the heat of a southern August day takes me down now, when once I laughed at the sun. Money? Sure, but that's minor. Happiness? Who has time to laugh any more? I wish I did... missed taking a weekend vacation this year that was for just that purpose.

I have had this hunch that a change in my life was coming for a little while now. Maybe this is a little insight into what kind of change?

As long as I do not have to drive a cabover...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

No mention of anyone gone missing around here. Stories like that are huge in this sleepy little countryside.

I tend to think it was more symbolic about the girl anyway... something precious but lost, considered lost forever, found again where least expected... is that making any sense?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Heartisblack

Hmmmm, what am I missing? Peace of mind? As Iamonlyhuman said, this is a very stressful time for me. On top of everything else I have a sick wife to care for, and my last child is talking about the day he moves out. We'll be alone soon.

Perhaps time... time to do the things I want to do rather than the things I need to do. As I get older, things seem to take longer... I need more sleep, move slower, have to take my time more. Even the heat of a southern August day takes me down now, when once I laughed at the sun. Money? Sure, but that's minor. Happiness? Who has time to laugh any more? I wish I did... missed taking a weekend vacation this year that was for just that purpose.

I have had this hunch that a change in my life was coming for a little while now. Maybe this is a little insight into what kind of change?

As long as I do not have to drive a cabover...

TheRedneck

Change and longing, you are longing for emotional stability which you don't have at the moment. Your wife is sick, kid's is moving out.....you want stability at this moment and you don't have it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I find that most dreams that are about babies and children have more to do with your projects and talents. (As in your life's work is your baby.)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Ummm... that just made a whole mess of a lot of sense! It even ties back to trucking... thank you!

TheRedneck

top topics

join