It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow clouds spotted over Los Angeles Downtown area.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Will try that next time i see them.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Geesh - damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Why can't this ATS member say what he/she is seeing in the local area? ....without being beaten up for it!?!?!

I have been here for a while, like the OP, I have tried SEVERAL times to access the part of my account to upload pics, put up an avatar, etc....NEVER been able to do so. VERY FRUSTRATING!

I can have ATS send me a new password, and still am unable to access that feature. The only reason I don't have an avatar is because of not being able to get in my account to do so.

So if a 5.0 or greater were to happen, and OP didn't say any thing PRIOR, yet came on after and stated he/she saw those clouds, no one would believe OP - WHY?...because it was AFTER the fact.

You peep's need to cut some slack some times. Not every one here on ATS has access to a [great] camera (if it was a crap picture - you'd complain it wasn't clear enough). Not every one is standing around outside with a phone in hand, video recorder, etc. AND even if they had phone in hand, as I have seen on most posters iphone pics here is criticism!

If a poster from fukushema had made the same comment hours before, minus the photo....they would have had the same damn reaction.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Quake Lights - it's ok 1 time in a thousand it isn't.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Well said Summer - this is a very common phenomonen and you are so right about the attacks. Many members don't post because of them - we don't know what we're missing.

There is disagreement and debate but attack is far too common here and tends to go unnoticed! Shame

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
I could take pics but would not be able to posted here as everytime i try i cant log into media option
same here, even though I have posted pictures before but I was going to upload a video the mods asked me for and I couldn't get in and the mods never message me back about it. I hope L.A. don't have any quakes but as you know at some point......

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Attacks or not it wont stop me from letting everyone know whats happening and yes i know it happens alot here.

But don't worry its the good old USA every one has a right to express their feelings and opinions so yea all is ok

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ill speak for myself personally and i apologize to the OP if i seem to be attacking.. It just seems this sight is becoming a forum of posting basically anything, especially when there is not even direct link to earthquakes and rainbows for this instance. The OP gave a link from 4 years back that happened to have a rainbow right before a quake and they claim that there is one right now in LA yet with no links.. The op stated they dont know how to post pics, so perhaps i wouldnt even start a thread that u know people will want a pic from.. Is anyone else from LA that is seeing this rainbow atleast??

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

No worries rainbow is long gone now yay we are safe now........even i dont believe that we are safe lmao.

Just stay safe and just be prepared just in case

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Dreamfox1 give us more info of clouds, is only one little or more colored clouds, how mach times they last ..

Sometimes when is strong geomagnetic storm we can see in day time aurora (colored clouds), but no storm last hours ..

Make some picture next time ..

Peace to you, hope is nothing ..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

Originally posted by myselfaswell
And if there is an earthquake in LA today, as unlikely as that is
, this will prove what ?

Cheers

Of course it would prove that after years and years of earthquake watching we would come to the conclusion that rainbows start earthquakes.. (Sarcasm)

I saw these clouds here on the coast at the Oregon/Calif. border in the 90's my sister and i ran for camera batteries which the store didn't have so never got a picture, but there was no quake, it was from solar flare i assume

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I do live in the Los Angeles area. The 90036 which is about 7 miles from downtown.. Just got home from work and missed the rainbow clouds. It's partly cloudy and the clouds are gray. Not that it means a whole heck of a lot but some of my more "sensitive" friends do feel a big shaker is coming sooner than later. Stay safe L.A.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

No worries rainbow is long gone now yay we are safe now........even i dont believe that we are safe lmao.

Just stay safe and just be prepared just in case

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

Not so quick dreamfox...on the OFF chance you saw clouds like these clouds in my link HERE, it may not be over. There are pictures, and a video taken 2 hours - to 2 days prior to a 7.8 earthquake in Wenchuan, Sichuan province, west China.

Just wanted to pass this along. Stay safe!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Regardless of pictures or not, how the hell can an atmospheric condition fortell an earthquake? Please someone enlighten me as to how this is possible.

Everything I've read says differently, and I'll stick to the scientific rather than the medieval thinking thats all too prevalent on this forum.

For your reading pleasure "Rainbow Clouds and Earthquakes" And if you don't like that link, just do a google search 'til you find one that you do.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is 2011.

ImageShack

If you have the picture on your computer, there is no reason not to post a picture if it can back up your claims. ImageShack is the easiest thing in the world to use. All you have to do is upload your picture and post a link.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
One thing I learned about posting on ats, is that all words will go unnoticed unless backup is provided. A picture is worth a thousand words as someone already pointed out in this thread. You want people to believe you right? Sources like imageshack tinypic.com or photoshop works fine, If you Take a video of the event, youtube is the next best thing (if not the best).

I say this for both your sake and ours so we don't have to go back and forth trying to guess what you saw when with a simple picture one can draw a conclusion.

Just saying, next time try and provide a source even if it's from your own cellphone.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Really wish op could have gotten a pic.

Anyway, I looked around and the only pics I came across were a typical rainbow, faded double rainbow, a beautiful rainbow,

and twister looking rainbow.

Got all of these pics following Los Angeles tweets on weather.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join