It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd website to go along with Apollo 18 (www.LunarTruth.com)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hello ATSers,

I recently saw the Movie Apollo 18 and while the whole movie was a joke (Blair Witch in space) There was a website that was shown at the start of the movie. It was www.LunarTruth.com from what little research that I could do it boasts that there really is over 100 hours of movie on this site.

The site is constantly down due to many people looking over the movies. It seemed a bit odd for such viral marketing. I know the whole thing is just a movie, but I haven't ever heard of a company putting that much up over a movie.

Was wondering if any one has gotten to check the site out. I haven't been able to, also want to know all your thoughts on the subject. Thank you all for your time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
I haven't ever heard of a company putting that much up over a movie.

They didn't have hours of footage and such but Cloverfield and The Dark Knight are two examples of movies with a lot of effort tied into viral marketing.

The Cloverfield dvd I have even has hidden Slusho! ads in Japanese to help push the idea that the fictional drink has ingredients that "will make your stomach explode in happiness" (matching a scene in the movie where a parasitic bite makes a character swell and explode) and to tie into the back story of a company drilling at sea for ingredients found naturally on Earth for the drink disturbed a baby that then rampaged through New York City.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Seeing as this was posted in General Conspiracies forum, what are you suggesting is the conspiracy?
Movies with websites to give the entertainment more depth is nothing new.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I can't access the website.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I plan on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well every were I've seen on the internet says that the main site has 100's of hours of movies about Apollo 18 seems odd. I really don't like the spud guy so I'm not even going to answer any thing you ask.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I was looking forward to seeing this movie, but after the terrible reviews I've read, I've decided to wait and rent it. I can't stand movies that don't keep my interest or have terrible plots. Camera shaking is also a pet peeve of mine. It gives me a headache

I was disappointed with the movie Battle of LA. Although my son loved it for the non-stop action, I was expecting a script closer to the actual incident. Anything that seems far fetched loses my interest. There's a treasure trove of UFO incidents, paranormal and government "secret experiments" they could make great movies about. Unfortunately, today's movie directors lack creativity, poor research or realistic scripts. I know they have to embellish the story to keep peoples interests, but they should try to make it seem plausible.

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I really don't like the spud guy so I'm not even going to answer any thing you ask.

Whats the matter Colonel Sanders?!........ Chicken?!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Gotta love Spaceballs.

Ludicrous speed.. Gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Get someone else to rent it and watch it with them...don't even spend the money on it. The story had alot of potential but was so watered down it could of fit on a napkin. There was so much they could of done with it, but they decided to copy the found footage method, seeing as how paranormal activity did so well with it in the box office, and wrap it up in a conspiracy which is all the rage these days hoping to get the equation: found footage+government conspiracy theory=MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaidDisinfoAgent

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Gotta love Spaceballs.

Ludicrous speed.. Gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's gone to Plaid.

On topic: I asked a completely reasonable question. Not sure why OP is so turned off by a half baked nazi disney chicken

here it goes again:

"Seeing as this was posted in General Conspiracies forum, what are you suggesting is the conspiracy?
Movies with websites to give the entertainment more depth is nothing new."

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Yes very interesting, especially with timing of NASA's newest mission called GRAIL

NASA Moon Mission in Final Preparations for September Launch
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Super Torch Ritual
www.goroadachi.com...

Lets see what we are in store for

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

I'd honestly think it's viral marketing and gossip to get more hits for the site and get more viewers into the cinema to watch the movie. That way they can attempt the surprise success of Paranormal Activity by making their supposedly crappy movie (haven't seen it yet myself) seem bigger than it actually is.

I did read something about NASA refusing to provide their knowledge and guidance for this movie, apparently one of the first times they've ever done such a thing. Make of that what you will.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
they already stole your money, don't let them waste your time as well

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I didn't really care for the movie 90% is NASA stock and the rest doesn't even follow basic science lol..

I think that this movies that they couldn't fake the moon landings because they couldn't even make it seem real.

Just shaky cams and way out there crap.

I do think that the E.T's were a new ideal.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I didn't really care for the movie 90% is NASA stock and the rest doesn't even follow basic science lol..

I think that this movies that they couldn't fake the moon landings because they couldn't even make it seem real.

Just shaky cams and way out there crap.

I do think that the E.T's were a new ideal.

Probably the reason NASA wanted nothing to do with it and left the technical information to a different, non-related space group instead to help with details and such used for the movie instead.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It reminds me of that site the institute for human conservation before they released the movie 2012. Another example of powerful marketing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i went on the the website about 20 minutes after the first showing of the movie. it DOES NOT have any video or content on it. it says that the website was forcibly censored and you have to see to movie to see the videos. HOWEVER there is a small white dot in the bottom corner which is actually a link to this website missioncontrolblog.org... it is a blog about the conspiracys related to ufos and the apollo missions.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
regarding how consipracy theory ties into the A18 movie, does the OP consider the following items associated with them moon as well as secret NASA missions/dealings with mars?

extraterrestrials
occult persons
pyramids
sex

just wondering, as thats what subliminalists are saying even the promo poster is about.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
well I would agree I guess to answer the above question. would be that Hollywood couldn't fake the moon landings. This movie shows that even with current tech, that it couldn't be done.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Hello ATSers,

I recently saw the Movie Apollo 18 and while the whole movie was a joke (Blair Witch in space) There was a website that was shown at the start of the movie. It was www.LunarTruth.com from what little research that I could do it boasts that there really is over 100 hours of movie on this site.

The site is constantly down due to many people looking over the movies. It seemed a bit odd for such viral marketing. I know the whole thing is just a movie, but I haven't ever heard of a company putting that much up over a movie.

Was wondering if any one has gotten to check the site out. I haven't been able to, also want to know all your thoughts on the subject. Thank you all for your time.
the website is down, it was forcibly censored, who??? i have no clue, the goverment, NASA, who knows

top topics

<<   2 >>

join