It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's all go to a CUBS game with Michelle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
All y'all big kids and little ones too....we'll learn to fall in the grass and roll around, play tag....throw a ball...play catch...
!!!

Saw this on the tube this morning during prime time brain washing for Saturday mornings and have been entertaining the idea of just what was going on here....just can't help it...
I keep getting the giggles. Oh, Oh...then there's the one about basketball....

Play sports, get off your butts and do something....same ol' commercial...the only thing that changes is the name of the "plan" involved...Remember when it was THE PRESIDENT'S PLAN ON PHYSICAL FITNESS?...and at one time there used to be nation wide school competitions where REAL people (kids) would win prizes towards college educations paid for by our taxes....

No more, people...now we show pics and run films and ADVERTISE our "home state" sports teams...and product placements. Wonder if it is for free?? Betcha there were "promises" that were made...like to be the fly that heard those words.

So...what do y'all see happenin' here?

Also think that the Obamas plan on using sports, change, and again REALLY big changes as running platforms again this year...party like rock stars for 3 years and 6 months...and then start the Campaign.

Bat a few ideas back and forth and see what ya come up with....

ETA: I see that Mme. Obama is working a "move your body" campaign, using other base ball teams...but the one that was on the tube that I saw was not listed on youtube...looked several other places and couldn't find it either...hmmm...maybe others saw the potential as well?
edit on 3-9-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Maybe they just want kids to grow up healthy.

America does have an obesity problem in case you haven't noticed.

Geeez.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What is your point? That was so horribly written I don't even know what you are trying to express. Are you complaining about Michelle Obama trying to encourage kids to exercise?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
There are many replies that both of your replies deserve....
but ya know what?
I will remain the lady I believe i've always been and say thank you for your comments...

I'm sure the both of you "believe" you are quite intellectual...that's a good thing...self confidence...whether it is well founded or not, will only be known by yourselves.

Nothing wrong with asking children to exercise and "move their bodies", never said there was....you may want to re-read the post and you will see it leans more towards too little too late and quite a bit of product endorsement. It is the parents job to teach their kids how to be healthy....not that of TPTB...and if all children have become nothing more than tax deduction's and accessories like a pure bred puppy....
(shakes head)

Here ya go...create jobs that parents get PAID for to keep their children healthy....wouldn't that be an awesome campaign platform???

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Boy, has this place changed since incorporating the "Face"
people and all the propriety they apparently require.

whatever...(shakes head)...guess there are no comments 'cause apparently
nobody "got it", even with polite explanation or finds looking outside
the norm something worth doing....

have a great weekend...later.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm sure the both of you "believe" you are quite intellectual...that's a good thing...self confidence...whether it is well founded or not, will only be known by yourselves.

I really don't believe I am all that 'intellectual'. I just could not understand what you were getting at. I do offer an apology for the way I responded, it was quite rude of me. Let me rephrase; I don't really understand the point you are trying to make. Could you perhaps put it into a more accessible format for the intellectually impaired?

What I think you are saying is that the govt. does not need to be involved in our children's health. Also that by using sports teams to advertise new fitness programs we are selling out the children. Is this accurate?

new topics

top topics

join