It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'$58,000 per second': Member wants debt clock displayed in House chamber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Oops
edit on 3-9-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah great idea, just fantastic it's going to help them out heaps. 80% of Congress has no Economics background whatsoever. I would say the same 80% or so get a great deal of monies under the table and are living the good life for it. So happy that the people who can not identify what a trillion dollars is will be able to see a really really big number on a wall.

They don't get it, they are money dumb, always have been.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i love the fact that you dont own currency the govenment does ie illegal for you to deface and destroy the part i love is the govenment doesnt own all of it money either its debt. thats why the govenment destroys trading towers

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ah, thank you?..........
I have absolutely no comment for either of the last two post.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think it would be a great idea to give these folks a constant reminder of what they are doing to our country. And if your worried that they will just become accustomed to seeing it day in and day out, term limits would help with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Sure...let's have a clock for how much CO2 we're putting in the atmosphere too.

In fact, we can put up a clock on how many people have gone bankrupt from medical expenses.
A clock for
...how many immigrants we deported that year.
...how many abortions occurred.
...a running count of child mortality.
...total profits for all major corporations.
...how many homeless.
...how many foreclosures.
...how many protests in D.C.
...how many members of the military died.

The list can go on and on...ya know, so long as we have as muched f*d up # going on with our own citizenry I could care less about the debt.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Lol your pretty funny.
Imagine if you can how much worse it's going to get if we don't get the debt reigned in. You think all the stuff you listed is bad now, just wait until the hyper inflation kicks in, the food shortages. Think there aren't any jobs now? Lol just wait brother.
You've got to think about the future as well as the present. Because what we do in the present determines our future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join