It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pork

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Why is pork thick and chunky?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have no idea... but baked honey glazed gammon is one of the BEST things to have as a sunday roast..
nomnom

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
more importantly why is it that the only part of the pig you can't use is its squeal

oh no the thought of decent bitter and pork scratching has entered my head..........the arteries are already crying

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

I blame the pigs, my self.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Because pigs are fat animals and stand around waiting for their next meal of slop !

A wild pig wouldn't be nearly as fat.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnIghtWytchh
Why is pork thick and chunky?

cause it's gross? I don't know... but I don't eat pig of any kind. Pigs don't sweat, so they retain all those toxins inside of them their entire lives. Not to mention those youtube videos where people pour coca-cola onto raw pork and like 45 minutes later little white worms start peeking out. Disgusting... not judging or anything! I understand it's tasty.. I just think if more people knew how gross of an animal pigs were they wouldn't eat them

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If there is any question about what animals we should or shouldn't eat, refer to leviticus chapter 11. I used to eat pork all the time. That was until I picked up the bible one day and just so happened to open it right at the beginning of the chapter. Then I got online and researched why pigs are unclean for humans to consume and was quite shocked as to what science says about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

My friend has pigs...they arent filthy animals.

They dont have sweat glands but they do not retain the toxins you mention

They can release a little water and heat through passive diffusion, but it is not enough for the pigs to rely on. So in order to combat heat, pigs have adapted by using behavioural thermoregulation, which is the act of cooling themselves in the mud or water. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I refuse to eat the swine, and also any shellfish, or crustacean. (Bottom feeders) It just seems wrong, after I stopped eating pork many years ago I could feel a huge change overall, and with my digestion in a great way as well. Might as well start eating Horse meat if you love the swine! Oh wait some summer sausages that are imported have some horse in them too! I know how tasty a pig can be, but the evil outweighs the good. It's sad because if you choose to not eat pork... there goes most breakfast options out the door, and most pizza too, along with many other foods as well. I wonder who pulled the strings back in the day to make almost all breakfast foods pork based? I would love to travel back in time and slap them hard across the face with a pork chop. Most important meal of the day my Arse. hehe No thanks! Cheerios it is again I guess...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by siolence

yeah, I always thought the breakfast/pork thing was weird... but these days it's really easy to get around it. Turkey sausage, chicken sausage, beef bacon, all very very very tasty. Way better tasting than the pork counterparts in my opinion. Beef bacon is insane

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I wont eat anything from a Pig, I cant stand the smell. I used to make my Mam cook the roast potatoes seperately too, as I could taste the pork fat on them. Yuk. Its a really fatty meat IMO. Except Bacon. Yeah Bacon. Something about that rasher that tastes as good as it smells....ok then I'll eat a rasher of a pig

join