It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystical Visions in Near Death Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I had had a "near death experience" when I was six. It was painless and very peaceful-- pleasant actually.

I do not merely want to tell the story but discuss the implications of such experiences regarding other forms of mystical visions.

I was being overwhelmed by a streptococcus infection which went on for several months during that time of my life. I frequently woke in the pre-dawn hours to find my parents and even a neighbor rushing around me-- never knowing how I had gotten from my room to the master bedroom, or how the neighbor had come to be there. In hind sight, I knew my father would check on me each morning when he woke, and often found my fever in a runaway mode and that is what triggered the flurry of activity.

But, one night, I had been lying in my bed, asleep when I found myself sitting beside a small stream. The details were amazing-- it was a Real place and I wanted to explore. A too bright light was over my right shoulder, and I avoided looking that way for a while, there were woods behind me to my right, and instead of looking at the light, I stared into the beautiful water and noticed the grass on each side, the row of young trees, and across from that, a white wall that went on in all directions as far as I could see.

I did turn. A man in white, where all that too bright light was coming from, said something like, "You are not supposed to be here."
I did not know how I got there, did not want to leave, and did not like the implication that I had done something wrong (like trespassing). I said something to that effect.
He told me I had to leave.

There was no argument. I found myself awake in my bed. My throat hurt very much-- it was dry and I could not swallow. I was struggling to breathe. I got up and made my way downstairs and woke my parents, leading my father to the kitchen where the "children's aspirin" was kept because I could not talk. I never did tell my parents of that vision.

The thing is, I had had visions for as long as I can remember-- and I never told of them. As a child, I thought they were taboo-- wondered why no one spoke of such things.

I am not sure which way I want this thread to go... (like that could be controlled anyway!) but in general terms, it is the connection between being accustomed to mystical visions and having a "near death experience." The "learned" taboo of having visions is also worth discussing.

edit on 2-9-2011 by Frira because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I had a NDE, and vivid vision which I have decided to share here. It is pertaining to a very difficult time in my life recently, when I felt that my life was pointless and due to severe depression I had taken the decision to put an end to my existence.

Long story short, I had split up from my partner of 14yrs and had left the family home, I was living in a 3 man tent and my car with no job, no posessions, no family and no hope.

I hadn't seen my 2 children (6 &4 yrs) for weeks and my partner wouldn't speak to me or let me see the children and I couldn't understand why she was being so vicious toward me as I had never cheated, hurt or been agressive or nasty to her or my children. I had merely let unemployment take over and had lost my drive ambition and spark for life, and my depression which I have had for years had gotten so bad that my mind wasn't my own.

One Sunday night I calmly and without ceremony fed a hosepipe from the exhaust into the rear window of my car, sat in the drivers seat and started the engine, wishing only to go to sleep and never wake up again.

As the small car (VW Golf) filled with fumes my mind filled with memories and I felt happy and could see events in my children's lives (their births, fun days etc). Then the wierdest experience of my life happened.

A womans face appeared directly in front of my own, mere inches away, she had short black hair, black large eyes, dark purple lips with a beautiful but serious face. I recall being mesmerised and wanting desperately to kiss her mouth ???

She then spoke to me, and told me that my partner (ex) was going to get sick and that "my time was yet to come."
Then she said in a clear voice "They Will Need You." (the children I assume)
As she spoke those words I swear that I felt her breath tickle my lips and this made me feel sick, I felt myself about to vomit and in a reflex action I opened the car door and leaned out to get sick, I fell out of the car and came to on the ground with my head swimming a short time later. I thought how ridiculous it was that I was willing to end my life but didn't want to get sick in my car.

The next day I sought help for my depression and have turned my life around and am working toward rebuilding my life and legally gaining access to my children. It was this woman and her breath who saved my life as the doctors have told me that I was seconds from death, I have never seen her before or since and maybe she was a manifestation of my subconscious, a part of my brain bent on self preservation. But the part about my ex partner becoming sick has puzzled me (she is all too healthy and fighting fit).

I don't know why I have decided to share this experience with ATS but maybe someone has had a similar NDE vision that they couldn't explain.
I am glad I was unsuccessful in my bid and realise now just how debilitating and self destructive depression can be if left untreated and how it can destroy a person utterly.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Once i was in a bar.suddenly i felt sick in my stomach.
I walked towards the exit.Then it felt i walked to a mirror.
I saw i self lying on the pitch black ground in a pitch black envoirment.
Only my body was illumated.I could only think of ' having a nice long sleep' I felt totaly exhaust.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

A womans face appeared directly in front of my own, mere inches away, she had short black hair, black large eyes, dark purple lips with a beautiful but serious face. I recall being mesmerised and wanting desperately to kiss her mouth ???

She then spoke to me, and told me that my partner (ex) was going to get sick and that "my time was yet to come."

Fascinating story. I'm glad it worked out like it did.

Any other visions in your life?

Any meaning you find in her appearance? Purple lips is kind of interesting-- especially from someone asphyxiating.

btw-- similar experience with kids, ex-wife and such.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mprins998
Once i was in a bar.suddenly i felt sick in my stomach.
I walked towards the exit.Then it felt i walked to a mirror.
I saw i self lying on the pitch black ground in a pitch black envoirment.
Only my body was illumated.I could only think of ' having a nice long sleep' I felt totaly exhaust.

A vision? what did you do? What did it mean to you?

Describe the illuminated body-- like giving off light?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I dont realy know what i was thinking of it.
It just felt i was really realy tired and wanted to sleep.
Yes my body was lit with a intens white/soft yellow glow that only projected to upwards .
And dont know what the intension was.Nothing changed in my life,but i couldnt let it go.
This was happend about twelve years ago.
When i woke up a bunch of people where surrounding me ,one of them was slapping my face and the all lights where on in the bar.

top topics

join