It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a really horrible dream about snakes... Anyone know what it might mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hey

Last night I had a really horrible, scary dream about snakes.

In short my family and I were being hunted by a lot of snakes - of all different types, big and small, but im pretty sure they were all venomous. They were hunting us down and I was trying to protect my family. I was fighting back and trying to kill them but they just kept coming. There were a lot of them. It was like an endless battle to kill them all. I think I started to win but I cant remember the end. The most vivid snake was a red and white striped snake with a small head, but there were lots more... To me this feels like an ominous dream and the term 'snake in the grass' keeps coming to mind... it almost feels like a warning of some kind.

Anyone got any idea what it might mean?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

I wouldn't worry
Personally I love snakes and don't see them as bad but as good.

Here is what I found on snakes in a dream:

Dreaming of snakes they may have either chased you or run after you alternatively, seeing the snake in your dream. During your dream this may either be to new alternatively eating you or I secure you in some way.

The presence of a snake or serpent in your dream indicates that it is important to harness your energies. You may have been feeling bitterness and this has created problems in your love life. To see or serpent often has sexual significance within your dream and there are various factors that you need to consider while seeking an interpretation. Generally the image of either a snake or serpent represent power within. It is important to understand that this dream equals some kind of emotional storm in your life.

Does this fit your life right now in a sense? I know my dreams are definite indicators of my life, sometimes freakishly accurate. I have had many come true but that is a whole other story..

I wouldn't worry, just calm down and think what it might mean to you personally.

source

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Serpents have allot of reasons to be in your dreams, such as sexual desires and such.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sounds like a nightmare to me.
IMO there's no point attempting to interpret a nightmare. The kind of dreams that deserve interpretation are one's with clear symbols, and identifiable objects. Whenever you have a nightmare or just dream of things you think about often during the day, they are void of meaning. That includes wet dreams too

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
According to this website "http://www.dreamtherapynow.com/id20.html" it says snakes stand for transformation. This makes sense with how a snake changes its skin every year. The fact that you were afraid of the snake, sounds like you might be afraid of transformation. That you feel like you want to protect your family. Maybe that means you're trying to stop your family from changing.

So my question is Have you noticed any changes in your family recently that you don't like? Do you see yourself trying to stop these changes but to no avail? Maybe the dream is saying to accept this change as a part of a person's natural transformation. And once you accept that change you won't have to worry so much.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A lot of times when someone dreams of snakes it is a sign of kundalini awakening...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sounds like someones met Daryl Van Horne again...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It means you will lead the Galactica fleet to earth.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I've had dreams a few times like that. I think it has to do with my feeling that I lack control over my life. It's as though everything I should have done but did not is now hunting me.

So my dream reading is: a life not lived is a life in a snake pit. Do you feel unfulfilled?

Maybe this says more about snakes than it does us...
edit on 2-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Were you on an Airplane in your dream?

Just kidding, the snakes are just metaphors for evil entities, whatever problems or grudges there are between you and your family (if there are any), fix them or at least try it.

Take Care

GM

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Actually, Knightwytchh and Bellamente are both correct.

It is when the Kundalini energy is moving up during sleep and as it moves through the sexual centers (chakra) it will produce the dream imagery. It could also come from "sexual desire" in the same fashion because as you think about or have sexual feelings, you are drawing the Kundalini energy to that center so at night, it produces the dream.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Snakes mean you are coming into money.
For sure.
Play the lottery.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Coincidentally a massive solar sine wave in the shape of a snake just arose on the sun early yesterday. Here is a picture - imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

SUSTAINABLE dream indeed....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Coincidence ?

My granddaughter woke up in the middle of the night (Monday night/ Tuesday morning) yelling for me.

This being very unusual for the four year old, I ran in to see what was wrong.

She said there was a snake in her bed, 'a real one'. I grabbed her in my arms and started tossing stuffed animals on the floor looking for a snake, ready to kill it, just in case.
There was nothing there ofcourse. But I got the bed cleared off and she said it was one of the bears' foot that looked like a snake.
She calmed down shortly after seeing the bed clear and I patted her back while she went back to sleep.

Up until now I thought she was just having a regular type nightmare. But if more people have been having the same one at the same time, then maybe it does mean something.

Not that I think she has many of the above posts explainations...

new topics

top topics

join