It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking footage shows girl, four years old, driving down motorway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Source

A girl of four has been filmed driving down a busy main road while her dad shouts instructions from the back seat. The incredible footage, apparently shot by the girl's mother, shows her speeding along a four-lane motorway, calmly overtaking other cars as she goes.

This is some crazy stuff. Why could the parents not drive? This is endangering plenty of people that are driving near the child let alone the family itself.

Between the two year old smoking and now this, the four year old driving, I'm becoming more and more perplexed by society as a whole...

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
She can drive better than me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

She is quite good. Which is crazy because I've got a four year old and it's hard enough to make them concentrate on anything let alone something that takes this amount of concentration.

My question is though, how the hell did they figure out that their little girl could drive?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Is this why Asian drivers are always made fun of?

And she does drive better than half the people in New England, hands down.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Good....maybe if we teach em young enough they'll actually know how to drive when they grow up!.

.........ooooooooooo......that's distasteful/racist/stereo type.......................

but i laughed.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

How does she reach pedals? Unless, her parents are Driving School teachers? Which could explain why her father is so comfortable at backseat driving. Did she have pedal booster? I could make a joke about females & Asians driving, but most of us are already thinking of it so what's the point

edit on 1-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I bet she has been practising on the playstation, she is way to comfortable with that steering wheel lol. Damn, she drives with her hands better positioned than mine are, seriously, you have to question the logic of the parents allowing this to happen!. I allowed my child of about the same age to steer around a field once when there were no other cars about, but that was still with me in control of the car and 1 hand resting on the wheel. wth

edit on 1-9-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Im not sure that she was really driving.... she seemed to be moving the steering wheel way more than the car was turning IMO

If she was (and there are some bad parents out there) then
just wow.... but I think this was faked

edit on 1/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've seen videos of dogs allegedly driving a car, which are of course faked, this could be more of the same. Driving School cars can come with another set of operator controls on the passenger side so the parents could be the ones driving and posting this video for the fun of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This would explain a lot of what I see every day, on our roads. I will leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Don't they have their steering wheel on the right in HK ?

Possibly instruction vehicle.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The airbag would have probably killed her if there had been an impact...that was pretty crazy, imo very bad parenting.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

the pedals in my dads 06 grand cherokee can move independetly of the seat eitehr forward or backwards so the car may have moveable pedals but thats just going off my own expirence

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
others posted it ...my first thought is the steering wheel is on the wrong side... im sitting here watching the simpsons and i remember the intro has maggie siting behind a fake steering wheel pretending to drive... may be an instructors car for teaching others.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

How does she reach pedals? Unless, her parents are Driving School teachers? Which could explain why her father is so comfortable at backseat driving. Did she have pedal booster? I could make a joke about females & Asians driving, but most of us are already thinking of it so what's the point

edit on 1-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

At the very end of the video it shows the father pulling the pedal booster off.

I looked for any sign of the car being remotely controlled, yet I could not find anything. This is just weird.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
others posted it ...my first thought is the steering wheel is on the wrong side... im sitting here watching the simpsons and i remember the intro has maggie siting behind a fake steering wheel pretending to drive... may be an instructors car for teaching others.

I don't see any extra steering wheels in the vid. There aren't any extra steering wheels on the passenger side nor is there one behind the drivers seat. Who knows?
edit on 9/1/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Steering wheels are on the right hand side in HK.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That was awesome. A child with that kind of skills and concentration is to be commended...

I do not believe that the parents were at fault for teaching someone so young, chronologically, that anything is possible.

If the child was having a good time learning the skills necessary...so what?

Red, yellow, black, white...purple, green, fuchsia...whatever...should not even be considered. In fact...that is the WHOLE PROBLEM....everyone in today's society is sooo worried about being politically correct... non-racist...overly polite...etc. they have forgotten how to just BE the wonderful creations they are!!!

You go, little girl....you go

edit on 1-9-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have a feeling, the man was sitting right behind her (see 'reclined' seat position at the end) and she was merely sitting on his lap. They never show her sitting in the seat all alone----only a close up of her face and hands on the wheel. The man's hands are probably steering the wheel on the bottom.

And at the end, the man just slipped into the back (they're small people) when the car pulled over.

Just a angle trick of the camera that's all. Besides, how can she possibly reach the peddles?
edit on 1-9-2011 by Blaze090 because: edit-spelling

edit on 1-9-2011 by Blaze090 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
At 2:10
When the man slinks into the back seat (and the camera goes OFF the little girl *duh*) and she's left on her own look how LOW she is on the seat.

This was a camera trick. The person filming was able to give the illusion this little child was driving when she was actually on someone's lap (probably the man) and his hands were at the very bottom of the wheel as I said before.

new topics

top topics

join