It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Five Myths Regarding Libyan War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Myth Number 1: Qaddafi the Dictator

Myth Number 2: Libyans didn't benefit from Libyan Wealth

Myth Number 3: Libyan Government used Mercenaries

Myth Number 4: Libyan Government used its Air-force to bomb protesters

Myth Number 5: It is a Revolution

Top Five Myths Regarding Libyan War

I would have to reiterate, the lies can easily be refuted, but the mainstream media has never went back to look at the lies they spread, to at least gain some legitimacy by rechecking and re-informing the public about the same lies which they unjustly spread in the first place. If it was a mistake, shouldn't they go back and fix their mistakes? Or should they continue spreading more lies and expect the population to forget, that hey, it was these lies which lead to this bloodshed, destruction of the most prosperous nation in Africa.

The fact that the media is still refusing to make any apologies regarding its blunt lies, and most likely intentional lies, prove that the MSM these ding dongs can't be trusted in reporting of any conflicts (note- conflicts have sides and the media has evidently taken sides. The media has shown clearly that they would filter almost all reports which doesn't fit their agenda, and freely report (without any question, nor confirmation, nor credibility), any report which fits their agenda)

This has turned in to a propaganda warfare which simply means Journalism is dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

main stream journal has been dead since 11th of september 2011.
it is unfortunate what is happening. Maybe one day we, the people, will rise against this cr*p.
till then, RUN!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Nice post. I'd like to see you elaborate more on what you've claimed to be myths, but I agree with each and every point.

What disturbs me more than anything else about this war is the absolute lack of moral authority and substance shown by the UN/NATO/US. All the evidence points to the "rebels" (and that's in quotes for a reason) being worse than the very man they're ousting. While being a dictator, Gaddafi was not a threat, and was, in many respects, not bad for Libya. Compare that to the "rebels"... who have shown themselves consistently to be hardline Islamist extremists... and really, "the devil you know" should have been the prevailing logic and reasoning.

Somebody here is profiting, not only in Libya, but all across the middle east, from dissension and chaos. The US would like to think that it's them... would love to think that the "arab spring" is a positive for democracy and freedom... but what happens when your democratically elected government is an Islamist extremist Sharia-loving terrorist organisation (see Hamas)?

We've already seen this exact scenario more than once... Vietnam is a perfect example. Democracy is only as good as the candidates it empowers. Let me repeat that. Democracy is only as good as the candidates it empowers. Provide democracy to Islam, and all you're doing is providing an immediate, short term regime change that opens the doorway to Islamism. That's exactly what we're seeing in Egypt... exactly what happened in Palestine, and it will continue to happen throughout the middle east as long as the US meddle in the affairs of sovereign nations. It will continue to happen until all the dominos fall, only to be raised up by a single, solitary Hand of Islam.

...watch and see.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How long until all the free healthcare, education, benefits system, etc., are all dismantled and removed in favour of the US approved system of "freedom and justice for all". The rape of Libya will be a disgusting spectacle as the mega corporations vie for supremacy. In years to come the Libyans may come to regret allowing the NWO to destabilize their country and instigate US style democracy.

How blind have we in the West become to our own leaders? We're not the solution, almost invariably we're the problem!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

and in reply to rob

Who benefits from this?

35% OF LIBYAN OIL PROMISED TO FRANCE BY AGENTS

No surprise there, these militias which have been created by NATO and commanded by NATO have no support in Libya, so if they want power, they don't have the support of Libyans, they need the support of foreigners, therefore they will do what foreigners tell them to do, as long as foreigners help them stay in power. The same situation most of Middle East is facing.

This is disturbing, they promised 35% of Libyan oil to France in order for France to continue its operations against the Libyan Jamahariya government. Why? If NATO militia is winning, why would they give up so much Libyan wealth to gain continuous support from NATO? It is obvious, Libyans don't want them, and they fear the wrath of Libyans if NATO decides to pull out in their next vote which is at the end of this month.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

So the new regime will be using the oil money to keep themselves in power as they dismantle the former Libyan state in favour of the new regime which will support US Oil interests. No wonder they will need support from the French to keep themselves in power, the Libyan people will quite rightly be disgusted when they see what is happening to THEIR country.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I was just reading on the BBC news site (don't know why I bother as it sickens me every time to see the crap they churn out with my tax money) how NATO and, in particular, the UK and France are there to help the new leaders with rebuilding. Just like with Iraq, I couldn't help thinking that if they hadn't bombed all the civilian infrastructure to hell (which is a war crime) then it wouldn't need rebuilding in the first place!

The blatant destruction, so that we can get our corporations even more work in building what what we destroyed, is worthy of prosecution of those who ordered it and carried it out. The news story about possible RAF redundancies talks about the "heroes" carrying out the bombing in support of the rebels and patrolling the Libyan skies. Heroes? There is nothing heroic about dropping bombs on people who have no defense against it and who are targeted simply because they oppose our own aggressive war junkies.

Stop the world, I wanna get off!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The BBC headlines just talked about the creation of a "Free Democratic Libya". Yeah, one in which there will be no universal healthcare provision, no universal free education, a new secret Police to enforce the new regime, and lots of NATO bases, Western corporations raping the country.

How long can these ceaseless oppression of people continue?

The next question I would raise is what country is next? Syria? Jordan? Nigeria? North Korea, although I would suggest North Korea does need to be liberated from it's nightmare.

new topics

top topics

join