It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COD 5 WaW anyone want to play who DOESN'T hack!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just bought the game again and man its a good, fun game. I was really excited to get stuck into it again, but there are so many hackers I can't get a pure game without them. I spend most my time filing complaints and avoiding players, which don't seem to work very well.

So does anyone want to play some games wihout any hackers? I'm slowly meeting people to play with so I can get enough most times to get private games up that are hacker free.

This is really a shame that a game can be destroyed so badly and im determined to get some good games going. My xbl name is Lord Bertie and I'd love to play with you guys.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What do you expect? Its a kids game.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Well its a shame because its a decent ww2 fps. It's good playing private games though. just need more people. This is far better than the other cod's that have come out, I love the balance they have with the weapons, its actually got rifles that can be used effectively unlike the modern shooters where almost every weapon it just full auto mass bursts.

I think they should at least warn people before purchase that the multiplayer is virtually unusable, you can't return the game for that reason, but everyone buys the game to play online rather than the solo play. I didn't even know that you could cheat and mod xbox games to such an extent.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

It is a great game, and I love it. I was sick of the newest CoD, so I tried WaW again. It was very disappointing to say the least. Nearly every user I encountered was modding/cheating.

Now that is great and fine off-line, but I am paying to have a cheater banned! I am also paying to have a fun experience, but modders and stupid little kids do not make the experience fun!

Essentially Activision is stating "buy the new game and enjoy it, or you are screwed." They are saying they don't care about old releases. They are saying give us money or go to hell. this is more than evident when you consider DLC nowadays. Screw them. I am done with CoD. I am buying battlefield.
edit on 31-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

I got this game recently after selling it ages ago and when people are buying it still they have a duty to their customers to follow up complaints. I spend a lot of time filing complaints as do many other on the game and a`voiding players does work, after a few days I get a fair few games now without moders and the ones with moders the host always leaves so I don't get why they even play. How can it even be fun to have God mode? It literally must be awful players, mostly young kids who just want to win for once.

If you want to play add me. I do love battlefield, but I like ww2 shooters the most as I love being a rifleman (not a sniper) Battlefield 3 will be awsome, I hope they do a ww2 one again tho because the one they made before was awsome and it wasn't even a full on proper game! I loved playing that whilst planes bombed the island it is such a great full blown war feeling. Cod is so awful now that they just cater to kids who don't want good gameplay.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

how do you know they are cheating?? can they do that in black ops too? i haven't played WAW in a while.........and wouldn't know how to mod anything if my life depended on it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

It is doesn't require any technical skill. It only requires and internet connection. I will not go into the details of it, because I do not support it.

W@W has completely disintegrated. Xbox live was founded to be able to play online fairly; it is what I paid for. We lost that recently. Old halo projects are great, but Activision in no way supports old games. it is sad, and it is a bad business model.

new topics

top topics

join