It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Jobs Speech SAME Day&Time as Republican Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Once again...its not 'jobs, jobs, jobs...' for the tens of millions of Americans out of work. Its only ONE JOB that apparently matters. Barack Obama's.

After delaying his jobs 'message' til AFTER his Martha's Vineyard vacay, he (well, his 'people') want a joint session of the House and Senate, next Wednesday night...at the VERY SAME TIME THAT the Republican's had MONTHS AGO!!! scheduled a candidate's debate (from the Reagan Library).

www.nationaljournal.com...

Now Monday and Tuesday were 'open' and Thursday is the openner of the NFL season...but there is always Friday...or just give the speech during the day...or...

Are all things Obama unraveling so fast--the pull away lead in many polls by Dr. Ron Paul; the entry into the melee of Texas Governor Rick Parry, and of course the internet 'buzz' that former Alaskan Governor and Veep Candidate, Sarah Palin MAY announce over Labor Day...so what is Dear Leader to do?

Why nothing short of playing politics, fast and loose with his 'Jobs' plan (what Plan are we up to now, 14.0?)

This is sophomoric at best...and classic DC brinksmanship at worst.

I hope Boehner says NO to the ultimatum.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well who saw this coming...

Speaker Boehner developed a bit of a backbone...and due to 'parlimentary and security issues' (Congress is back in session next Wednesday at 6:30 p.m) suggests that President Obama reschedule HIS "Jobs, Jobs, and Please Can I Save My Own Job" speech til Thursday evening.

nationaljournal.com...

With Obama being sooooo popular and all, I am sure he WILL out draw the NFL debut game...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

I don't plan on watching the Obama lecture.
I'll just watch the football game and wait for the comments from Bill O'Reilly.
-----------
I can already see Andrea Tantaros laughing at the speech.

What? That's it?
What a mess.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
He and the republicans can use all of the time they can to spill more lies and false hope on a very gullible people, of which many will fall for either the democrat president's, or the republican hopeful candidate's.

In the end, neither the president, his party or the republicans are able to fix the economy, and especially the jobs situation... They can possibly win or lose elections on these issues, and that is all.

Does it really matter which gets the most airtime?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Its only ONE JOB that apparently matters. Barack Obama's.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed5f910f7604.gif[/atsimg]

There are several views on who really has the power.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/510d79b26467.png[/atsimg]

If the reader is unable to support the president in his efforts to represent the average American citizen, then who or what is the real power in this country. Should we tell the Banks to create jobs? The Military? The UN? Whom?

David Grouchy
edit on 1-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join