It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna feel good and have a healthy life with 20 minutes a day or less?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its simple.

Go for a run.

For you this may be as simple as a brisk walk. Or it could be a full on mile in 6 minutes "sprint".

Whatever the case it will make you feel good when your finished and its healthy.

Its also an amazing time to contemplate your lifes problems.

Try it for the sake of staying healthy and feeling good. Whenever you feel bad or down, remember to just go for a run. Its free.

***Also its ok to do whatever kind of exercise you enjoy the most. Swimming, biking, or the like. As long as its some form of exercise you will benefit from it in more ways than one.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Whee thought this was another testament to P90X lol!! I am a martial artist so any normal look at physical activity is a good thing,,, fad workouts piss me off!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I walk my kid to school and back evey day, about a mile n a 1/2, but i also smoke about an ounce of weed a week. So it probably cancels out any benifits i imagine.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

L2Vaporize?

Seriously tho, vaporizing is a much better way to enjoy the green.

-Lightrule

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I smoke marijuana recreationally as well but you guys know the rules on "drug talk". Not that I would consider it a drug or anything..

And this is just for the average everyday person that wants some change in their life.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

I would love to. But...

I have a rheumatological condition that would flare up in a minute if I started jogging. If My bones would let Me, though, I surely would be moving more!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

I don't think anyone on here has a life that hectic that they can't spare 30 minutes three times a week to engage in some form of physical exercise, I'd also recommend adding some form of weight resistance training even if that's only limited to body weight exercises.

But remember, I'd say the actual exercise is only around 10 - 20% of the equation, to be truly healthy it's the diet that's more important than anything.

ETA: I'm not good at following my own advice

edit on 30/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I walk outside to have a smoke about every hour when at home, what more do you want from me.

No, but the OP is right in that for those who dont do much exercise at work or at home then you should really take part in some type of fitness routine. Oh and smoking is a filthy habit, not good for your wallet or your health.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've always have a giggle at runners and joggers.

They never have a smile on their face do they? Hot, sweating, out of breath, frowning, some even look in pain.

I'd rather dig the veggie patch, enjoy the air and surroundings at a leisurely pace and achieve something useful at the same time.

The slow and non stressful life needs no running, that's for those who live in a higher frequency of lifestyle maybe, and what grows in my veggie patch is better for me than any excursion into soleslapping and willful suffocation.

I won't name what's also in my veggie patch due to T&C, but I will tell you her name is "bertha" and she's BIG

Health..... starts with a state of mind.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's funny how i was just thinking about going for a run just for the heck of it and here i bump in to your topic i am also a regular smoker but i decided to give that up now to go live a healthy life, gym fresh veggie's ,fruits and seeds + vitamine's hope it will be a life changing decision
.Thanks for giving the extra boost even though the topic is old S&F

new topics

top topics

join