It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS Special Forces trained Rebel Sleeper Cells in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
www.theprovince.com...

Groups of young male volunteers left their homes in Tripoli for Benghazi, where they learned the art of insurgent warfare from an international force of covert units composed of the British SAS and MI6 agents and troops from the French, Qatar and United Arab Emirates special forces. As well as training the rebels, the British government also covertly supplied 1,000 sets of body armour, advanced telecommunications equipment and night-vision goggles.

the Libyans were trained in weapons, street fighting and sabotage in a series of disused compounds across the city. Hundreds of weapons, tons of ammunition and communications equipment were smuggled into Tripoli and hidden in secret arms dumps.

by mid-August, more than 200 volunteers were trained and primed for action. They then infiltrated back into the capital, disguising themselves as fishermen, or travelling through the western mountains that ringed Tripoli.

"They went back to Tripoli and waited - they became sleeper cells," said Fadlallah Haroun, a rebel military spokesman

The truth finally comes out.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Our leaders are representing us in ways none of us would truly consent in.
Sleeper cells? Deceptive. Whatever happened to dialogue? Now we simply destroy countries who oppose us?
I thought we despised these tactics, or is that only for the public image?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Sleeper cells? Deceptive. Whatever happened to dialogue? Now we simply destroy countries who oppose us?

Despised these tactics???
This is news? ever hear of a "stay behind"? trained operators who blend in with the local community as a major power overtakes them. They are "left behind the lines" on purpose to sow sabotage and fear in the enemies"newly occupied" territory. It's a tactic of war. War is not a time for niceties and bright red sashes. feint and deception are all valid useful tactics.

edit on 28-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The rebels in this case, are the majority of the citizens that no longer want Gaddafi as their leader. These rebels had nothing to fight back with when Gaddafi started opening fire on the rebels/citizens. I support helping citizens at any time when the leader is killing them. Do not let the term rebel have a negative vibe, rebels are not always the bad guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

The majority of its citizens no longer want Gadaffi?

The majority of what? Libya, Tripoli or the Vatican?

I can only assume you mean Libya, if so how do you know this?

Or did you hear this on tv?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Heck! This has been happening since the beginning of time. Coup d'etats are always happening and of course the TPTB dont want the common folk to know their agendas obviously. But we on ATS know when some farmers and fisherman of a third world country walk around with the latest weaponry and seem to be quite proficient in using them. One does wonder..;-)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
The rebels in this case, are the majority of the citizens that no longer want Gaddafi as their leader. These rebels had nothing to fight back with when Gaddafi started opening fire on the rebels/citizens. I support helping citizens at any time when the leader is killing them. Do not let the term rebel have a negative vibe, rebels are not always the bad guys.

and the the majority of the citizens no longer want obama

are the majority of the citizens that no longer want Gaddafi as their leader.

I dont think so, when libyans are forced to join others have no choice but to join when you see you NATO Jet fighters trying to kill your loved or when you see the rebels pointing there guns at people forcing them to join, as i saw some of the older news footages people had no choice.

These rebels had nothing to fight back with when Gaddafi started opening fire on the rebels/citizens.

Let me give you some information from my other thread on who started opening fire Gaddafi didnt start it.

Benghazi- Rebels storm a local army base and force the soldiers at gunpoint to give up there tanks and weapons Quryna reports that rebels storm and overtaken a prison in Benghazi,freeing 1,000 nonpolitical prisoners According to Reuters "Protesters in the port city of Benghazi chanted slogans demanding the resignation of prime misnter Baghdadi Al-Mahmoudi. There were no immediate reports of demonstrations agaisnt Gaddafi

attacking your own country soldiers,police officers,setting fires on banks, freeing terrorists and nonpolitical prisoners from prisons well claiming that you want democracy doesn't sound very revolutionary. Now does it?

edit on 28-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And it gets worse. Many of those rebels are Al Qaeda, and Pepe Escobar, a Brazilian journalist, exposed yesterday in an interview that the leader of the rebels is a known Al Qaeda asset.

Not only are they being trained by coalition special forces, but the coalition is bombing towns and villages indiscriminately - including schools, private homes, etc, killing thousands of civilians just to ensure an entry route for the rebels. Basically the rebels have to do very little except wait for the bombing to be done and then waltz into a town and claim they have taken it.

It's massive massacre on a collossal scale which is going on. All for greed and lust for power.

I know it's not good form to post a link to one's own thread, so I won't, but there's a thread with lots of information on it about the media and government lies about libya.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

As a Canadian this does not represent the mentality or spirit of supporting the humanitarian role that that action was supposed to take.

These are the tactics that the bad guys use. Training and supplying non-combatant operatives to incite civil-war is what we accuse other countries of doing when we call them state-sponsors of terrorists.

This reminds me of past operations carried out in Latin-American counties in the last century. Remember the Contras? It's wrong in every way, but it works well to topple your enemies from the inside out.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Where did you get all your wisdom? Couldn't have been from MSM. You are joking right? The Al- quada who was started by the CIA and worked for OBL in Afghanistan. The same Al-Quada who Nato and the US just sent into Libya in order to help blow the Libyian people into utter destruction. Those people that this Al-Quada and Nato claim was being killed are the same Al- Quada that was supposedly involved with the World Trade Center 9/11 diaster. You know the ones caused the Patriot Act to be enacted against the American people. After all Al-Quada terrorists might get all of us. You know the same Al-Quada that have been given the control of Libya and now have embassy and embassy employees in the US. Oh those Al-Quada! I can not believe anybody and I mean anybody believes their admitted lies and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
.double post removed.
edit on 28-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
I agree with the OP.

As a Canadian this does not represent the mentality or spirit of supporting the humanitarian role that that action was supposed to take.

These are the tactics that the bad guys use. Training and supplying non-combatant operatives to incite civil-war is what we accuse other countries of doing when we call them state-sponsors of terrorists.

This reminds me of past operations carried out in Latin-American counties in the last century. Remember the Contras? It's wrong in every way, but it works well to topple your enemies from the inside out.

Exactly. This is proof that our governments are in fact terrorists by their own definition of the term.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Skewed

Where did you get all your wisdom? Couldn't have been from MSM. You are joking right? The Al- quada who was started by the CIA and worked for OBL in Afghanistan. The same Al-Quada who Nato and the US just sent into Libya in order to help blow the Libyian people into utter destruction. Those people that this Al-Quada and Nato claim was being killed are the same Al- Quada that was supposedly involved with the World Trade Center 9/11 diaster. You know the ones caused the Patriot Act to be enacted against the American people. After all Al-Quada terrorists might get all of us. You know the same Al-Quada that have been given the control of Libya and now have embassy and embassy employees in the US. Oh those Al-Quada! I can not believe anybody and I mean anybody believes their admitted lies and propaganda.

Yes, and the same Al Qaaeda who are supposedly still such a threat that people have to be sexually molested and radiated before getting on a plane, while in Libya we pay them, protect them and commit mass murder to open the road for them.

These same AQ rebels also freed 600 of their Al-Qaeda friends from a jail in Tripoli where Quadaffi had them locked up to help the world fight terrorism.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

And it gets worse. Many of those rebels are Al Qaeda, and Pepe Escobar, a Brazilian journalist, exposed yesterday in an interview that the leader of the rebels is a known Al Qaeda asset.

Not only are they being trained by coalition special forces, but the coalition is bombing towns and villages indiscriminately - including schools, private homes, etc, killing thousands of civilians just to ensure an entry route for the rebels. Basically the rebels have to do very little except wait for the bombing to be done and then waltz into a town and claim they have taken it.

It's massive massacre on a collossal scale which is going on. All for greed and lust for power.

I know it's not good form to post a link to one's own thread, so I won't, but there's a thread with lots of information on it about the media and government lies about libya.

Oh, please do. I encourage links and any other information to help spread the good word here.
If it means we all get a little more clarity, then by all means, help yourself(and me).

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Lol! Here you are: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, and on page 25, you'll see the definitive proof of the pic in the OP, ie. that the news reports of the rebels celebrating their victory in Green Square were faked and were filmed on a movie set, probably in Qatar.

new topics

top topics

join