It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amomongo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af6622827bc7.jpg[/atsimg]

The Amomongo is a creature of Philippine mythology described as hairy, man-sized and ape-like with long nails.[1] The term may have its roots in the Hiligaynon word amó, which means "ape" or "monkey". Residents of La Castellana in Negros Occidental refer to the creature as a "wild monkey" that lives in caves near the foot of Mt. Kanlaon. The creature is said to have attacked two residents of the settlement and disemboweled goats and chickens in the area, for the purpose of eating the entrails.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a Cryptomundo article from 2008
www.cryptomundo.com...

Amomongo Terrorizes Philippines

The amomongo (loosely, gorilla) is a creature of Philippine cryptozoology described as hairy, man-sized and ape-like with long nails.

Terror is gripping residents of haciendas in Brgy. Sag-ang, La Castellana, Negros Occidental, Philippines, following the reported existence of a man-sized creature, who recently attacked two residents and disemboweled animals in the area.

Elias Galvez and Salvador Aguilar reported to Mayor Alberto Nicor and the police that they were separately attacked by a “hairy creature with long nails,” on the nights of June 9 and 10, 2008, in Cabungbungan, Brgy. Sag-ang, La Castellana, Philippines.

Aguilar who was able to escape from the creature, was treated at the La Castellana Emergency Clinic for scratches on different parts of his body, police said.

Galvez, on the other hand, who was also attacked by the creature, was rescued by his companions, Nicor told the Daily Star on June 12th.

Brgy. Sag-ang residents described the creature to be about 5 feet and 4 inches tall, and looks like a monkey.

www.monstrous.com...
(There's more information in the artiicle if you want to read it.

So it appears we have another "Bigfoot" type creature here, it appears to have been involved in Philipine culture for a while, just by reading some accounts.

I find it interesting that they refer to it as the "wild monkey" that lives in caves near the foot of Mt. Kanladon. It must be spotted there often.

According to the article I posted about its apparently only supposed to be around 5 feet, 4 inches tall. This is interesting, perhaps its a close relative of the American Bigfoot, or something close to that.

Cheers
edit on 28-8-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I think it is funny that all of these ape men type creatures are witnessed all over the world. I mean, EVERYBODY everywhere cant be making all of this up or be crazy. I know we have never found them, or even bones for that matter but, there are too many sightings in too many places for me to dismiss it completely.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

........... EVERYBODY everywhere cant be making all of this up or be crazy.

I know we have never found them, or even bones for that matter but, there are too many sightings in too many places for me to dismiss it completely.

[color=CFECEC]"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."

Franklin D. Roosevelt, radio address, October 26, 1939

[color=F0D90E]◄▒►

edit on 8/28/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The ape man looks like he's wearing some Magnum P.I shades

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Cryptozoology is a very mysterious topic indeed. Yeti, Sasquatch, Jersey Devil, Mothman, a Brontosaurus-type creature in Deep Africa, Nessie and now Amomongo, among many others.

We have plenty of eyewitness accounts all over the world, but unfortunately no concrete evidence despite all efforts to capture these beasts, even if just on video.

How can these things be so elusive?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't think we have found bones or remains because they do not dwell here in this dimension, maybe only "visiting" here.
I only say this based on what a very reliable honest older friend and her elderly mom told me years ago.
Her whole family witnessed this event.
It was summer and it was hot! This was back before AC was common in homes and they were poor so they never had one.
The kids (4 of them) shared a big bed in the house and so in the summer, rather than crowd in a hot bed, they would set up hammocks in trees at the edge of the woods. The forest was a tree and bramble thick, somewhat swampy, wilderness area that was quite large. According to my friend it was also very thick and you could not get very far in without getting scratched up, or meeting snakes (water moccasin).
Anyway they were drifting off and they started to hear something in the woods, it was loud crashing through the branches. They also were hearing a loud breathing like sound and they smelled something AWFUL! She said she has never smelled anything like it since.
They all ran across the property back to the house and got their mom up about it.
She sent them into bed and the mom sat by the window. They all are religious people now but especially the mom. She is a sweet old church lady these days and she will swear on her bible and everything holy she believes in...about what she saw.
She sat at the open window and peered into the yard. This tall "bigfoot" like creature walked right past the window not 2 feet from the house. She said she gasped and jumped up and back in fright and caused the chair to tip back and crash into the floor. This sound caused the hairy man beast to turn back and come to the window and stare at her. She said their was a reddish quality to the eyes. She was frozen in fear, did not know what to do. They were just a foot or 2 away from each other. It was so massive that she said he could have reached in and grabbed her up if he had wanted too. She just could not get her feet to move.
Then without warning, it turned and ran to the center of the yard. It jumped high into the air and she states a hole opened up in the yard and swallowed it up. The kids had heard the chair crash and opened the door behind her and had been peering through a crack in the door. They saw the beast in the window near their mom. Everyone was frozen in fear...that was the common feeling.
She said it felt like they stared at each other for so long but it was only seconds really.

After hearing what happened to them, I felt like the most logical explanation for the lack of remains is that there must be some sort of interdimensional quality to the phenomenon.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

That great story. I wish I would see something like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

I agree with you! Your story is VERY similar to something that happened at Skinwalker Ranch that I read about in the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker" in the chapter "The Tunnel". The guy smells a horrible smell and sees a very large, black, humanoid creature "climb" out of and then later back into a tunnel that appears in midair. He said he was sure that one did not have hair, but there were also other accounts of the family witnessing "bigfoot" type creatures during their time there.

top topics

join