It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly spider found in Coventry warehouse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
here in the mojave desert we have the dreaded vinnegaroon, wile not deadly.. youd better lift the seat and check before you go, its happened to me 3 times this year, and there is nothing uglier. the brown recluses and black widows and wolf spiders all suck tremendously too.

vinegaroon-

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'd rather be attacked by a t-rex than have a spider crawl on me....true story.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
here in the mojave desert we have the dreaded vinnegaroon, wile not deadly.. youd better lift the seat and check before you go, its happened to me 3 times this year, and there is nothing uglier. the brown recluses and black widows and wolf spiders all suck tremendously too.

vinegaroon-

Vinnegaroon, whip scorpions, they are so cewl. Have never seen one the size of the one in that pic before. I long to go onto a field trip to Australia to study all their beasties, the ones I studied in Africa are nothing compared to what you get in Australia, and the ones over here in Norway are just little wimps.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm like Scooby Doo sometimes. Although a lot of my 'fears' are in fact probably some weird form of OCD coming out... But yeah

As for the cold and rain, yeah, we're getting some big spiders in the house atm. Probably nothing compared to what you could come up with, but for someone as arachnophobic as me; they're big enough

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
UGH! Gross... this makes me glad I have an aversion to bananas. My english husband has major arachnophobia I'll tell him not to buy them either, thanks for the heads up. However, I wouldn't mind a tree frog in my strawberries, so cute.

Just killed three giant black widows and their eggs on my porch last week. Glad they don't jump. Orb weavers are cool though, if I know they aren't poisonous I generally like spiders and leave them alone. In a world without them we'd be sorry, mosquito diseases rampant and even more flies laying eggs, barfing, pooping on everything.

Australia, yeah, those bird eating spids and snakes are crazy! Poor cockatoos
edit on 8/26/2011 by moogle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

You know what? I was scared of snakes at one stage, and the way I overcame that fear, was to attend courses on snakes, handle them, and keeping them as pets. I eventually got certification as a venomous-snake handler and catcher, that was the way I overcame my snake-phobia.... Now if I can just overcome my fear of heights, I'll be happy.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by moogle

If the spiders are outside where I can't see them they're not an issue

It's when they're in the house somewhere they could come near me at some time. Or in the ferret run waiting to fall on my head or something.

My dad usually puts them back outside if I get them in a glass. But it takes 20 mins of whimpering before I can put the glass over them
I killed one once out of sheer panic and felt guilty for ages after wards. I'm a wimp

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

I've gotten better than when I was little, but I still really dislike them.

I'm pretty sure if I ever live on my own I'll overcome the fear, but until that day...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is awful! A 9 year old boy has 2 spiders living in his ear!

When a young boy went to see his doctor complaining of constantly hearing a faint popping noise he did not expect to be told he had spiders living in his ear.

news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
This is awful! A 9 year old boy has 2 spiders living in his ear!

When a young boy went to see his doctor complaining of constantly hearing a faint popping noise he did not expect to be told he had spiders living in his ear.

news.sky.com...

That will teach you to wash your ears once in a while!!Poor kid!Hope they didn't leave an egg behind so there will be tiny babies in there.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I know. I saw that. I'd be traumatized!

I did hear somewhere about someone having eggs flushed out... I hate to even THINK about waking up to babies crawling on your face.

URGH!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree, I live in the US, we have tons of spiders per square inch, numbering somewhere up in the hundreds of thousands if I remember my zoology class info from college. We have black widows, brown recluse, and several varieties of tarantula, including a rare one that is the precursor to the fuzzy boys you see today, and hes poisonious, plus our grandady long legs are deadly, but they dont have the mouth capacity to bite you.
So, take a chill pill UK, kill it and get on with life, if its too big to kill with a flyswatter, get a bigger stick.

I dont like spiders any better than anyone else but come on

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

It's not the venom - I'm not scared of snakes; it's not the bite - I have ferrets, dogs and an evil hamster with much worse bites; it's the way they walk.

They're just creepy.

edit on 28/8/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join