It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fritzel Surfaces in Austria!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wasn't sure which forum this should go in but as I feel this case is just as much a social issue as a criminal one - here we go.

Another Fritzl Case surfaces in Austria:

"An elderly man has been arrested on suspicion of raping his wife and two daughters for 40 years while keeping them prisoner in their home.
In a case with chilling echoes of the crimes of Josef Fritzl, the man is said to have started his assaults in 1970 when one of his daughters was 12 and the other four.
His wife died in 2008, but the alleged beatings, rape and torture of his daughters went on until May this year when the older of the two decided to fight back despite being warned that they would be killed if they resisted."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The most horrendous of crimes committed on two mentally ill daughters and I wonder - in this day and age when we tend not to get to know our neighbours - can we expect to hear more of this kind of abuse? -

I ask all members - Would you know if something like this was being carried out right next door to you?

Would you feel guilty if this happened and you hadn't been aware - even though it had gone on
for years under your nose?

If you had your suspicions - what would it take to make you act upon them?

What safeguards do you feel could be put in place to prevent this kind of thing happening?

Perhaps there is a lot more of this going on than we realise! This is the kind of thing that prays on my mind when I am warm and comfortable in my bed at night and appreciate all that I have and the security I enjoy.

I and I'm sure many others are made to feel very uncomfortable at this horrendous news - should we be discussing it more - are we able to reach any new conclusions?

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm from Austria and few people there are interested in getting to know their neighbours.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I'm from Austria and few people there are interested in getting to know their neighbours.

I do think this is becoming more common throughout the world - but I wonder why? Do you have an opinion on this?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Originally posted by Epic

I do think this is becoming more common throughout the world - but I wonder why? Do you have an opinion on this?

my opinion is that we all like to be with similar souls.

for the past 10 years, i volunteered for a variety of organizations.
i meet interesting, intelligent people who are working to improve society.
i like sane, intelligent people who can think for themselves.
i don't care what race or cultural background, as long as they are real.
no useless stupid mind games, or worst.

and have new friends that i appreciate.

i don't care to know my neighbors, because the world is full of people who are wasting their lives.
their greatest glory is to waste the time of others with their useless existence.
some have so abused themselves psychologically that they border on insane.

and i have found this is from the finest neighborhoods to the inner city.
and from one end of north america to the other.

and friends, relatives, co workers tell me horror stories of their experiences.

so everyone retreats to their own little world.

new topics

top topics

join