It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life as a temporal loop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Let me first start by giving the cursory, if this is not the correct forum, then please move. These are also my own random thoughts and are not based on any theories (that I know of).

I found myself thinking a few days ago. I was wondering if it would be possible that we are living our lives within some sort of a temporal loop. If this were true, it would help to explain many things. Deja Vu, for example, would be just our subconscious realization of previous events that we remember. It would also help to explain how some people seem to have an almost supernatural ability to prophesize about events or seem to have a psychic ability. Savants are another example of where a person is so in tune with their previous temporal pass through that they retain their specialization. It amazes me how even when we are just born, we have dreams that show something in an otherwise empty subconscious to be filled with something (babies smiling while they are dreaming as so cute).

This could be one of the reasons why we believe fate is to explain for everything. We still have free will but so far, all of my own personal experiences with deja vu, have shown that the events I remember, play out exactly as I remember them. I mean is this just me. So much of our subconscious is unknown.

Am I way off kilter here or perhaps I am just not giving our DNA enough credit.

-saige-

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
after everyday experiencing this "loop" you come to realize that consciousness within our self's (mind/body/soul) being time-less at it is infinite, owning the conclusion that this gaps of time when people get to see glimpses of future events are merely everyday things already happened in the future. we come and go within our sleep/death/reincarnation

"If I wrote something which you understand fully in this regard, I probably made a mistake."

if not

"I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote. But I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant."

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
No, this is not as I've learned in the Ancient Tomes I've read. The sacred beings will separate those whose Zertix Matter has awakened at the end of their natural life if the Third Eye has been opened. The purpose of life is to open the Third Eye through bountiful knowledge acquisition. Those who experience deja vu and other strange experiences is due to their Third Eye being slightly opened, or the people gaining small glimpses of the Truth in The World Beyond. The aliens however do live in a temporal loop, in order to preserve themselves for all eternity.

Cheers,
Destiny Fulfilled.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
LMAO what are you guys smoking?

I say that, but, it makes just as much sense....if not more....than anything in any MS religion. Your right, it would explain alot.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Actually, if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

But still, it's something we can't prove but there is some circumstantial evidence....

And also, it could just be ONE little piece of a bigger, infinite puzzle...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
that's my exact theory about existence, OP. s&f.

none of us has any remembrance of the whereabouts prior to their birth, so there's nothing that'd hint to any signs of consciousness. for me, it seems like i've been around forever, and what counts is the very "present". thus, i think that we'll die and lose consciousness the moment we die, be reborn into the same life we've lived and keep going with the required changes for our souls to progress, be rewarded for the good and redeem for the bad deeds in the past, which cycle in turn, boils down to the idea of karma. i think this is also what the idea of infinite number of parallel dimensions would suggest. nothing in existence seems to have a beginning or an end, life itself is a cycle. every natural thing in the universe has a round shape, stars, planets, orbits, galaxies and everything keeps revolving. i think so do we.
edit on 26-8-2011 by jamsession because: star & flag, hah!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ryley

I don't quite understand your response.

-saige-

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you are in a loop of time, you shouldn't remember anything from previous loops unless you make a complete circuit, in which case you risk running into yourself. (Universe-destroying paradox, anyone?)

It sounds to me that you aren't talking about a literal loop of time, but some kind of undefined metaphysical spiritual thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

it might not be a complete circle but a corkscrew or telephone cable type one. none of the circles are overlapping but there's a constant move ahead. the corkscrew would have neither a beginning, nor an end. i'm just theorizing tho.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have thought about this numerous times over the years but never made a thread out of it.

It's a possibility that we are living our lives over & over again untill we get it right,whatever right is,maybe we take something new each time round.
de ja vu could be yourself living the same moment again & your mind reconized it somehow.some people you have an instant connection with,also could be from a past loop.

interesting thread

s+f

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Almost everytime I experience deja vu or one of its varients I immediately have the thought that maybe my loop is reaching its conclusion and that is the reason that I am remembering the experience as a person seems to intently remember the time period around a traumatic event.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well aging blows that theory out of the water.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Well aging blows that theory out of the water.

actually not.
...t reborn, you die and get reborn you die and get reborn, die and get reborn, die and get reborn, die and ge...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Tangent universe???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saige45

What ever it is, the person who put us in these lives obviously wanted us to suffer.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pussycat

I find it ironic that you post this but then with your signature blame yourself for making your own personal hell.

-saige-

top topics

join