It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French want Total control of Libyan oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Source

French oil companies are likely to be among those hoping for lucrative oil contracts with a new government in Libya. But the cost of the intervention and the unknown agenda of the rebels could mean more losses than gains.

­France feels like a winner as the first power to recognize Libya's rebels, the first to bomb the country and now the first in talks with rebel leaders. Foreign Minister Alain Juppe says victory gives him “great satisfaction.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-8-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well well well, look what we have here!

Once again, the global elite have manipulated a "revolution" just to get their own gains. This time the player is the French, using the Libyan people as their pawns. The people became upset and scared by their government, then the savior came along and decided to give them all the guns and ammo they wanted to rebel. Little did the poor Libyans know this is the same tactic used for centuries to take control. Now they are slaves just as they were before, but instead of being disgusted, they will be blinded by manipulation.

Again and Again we see this, the mainstream media will portray an epic story of heroic bravery for the french and the Libyan rebels, when in reality it was a war caused by greed and power.

rt.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Which is pretty much the reason why every time I hear the UN or NATO or whomever involved in somebody else's business, it makes me want to launch my Eggos.

Convenience Opportunists is what I call them . . . drooling rotten greedy Convenience Opportunists, the whole damn bunch of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
These people do not offer the fire power of NATO out of the goodness of their hearts

There is always a price to be paid and an alterior motive behind the lies.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
But it's not about the oil, it's all about helping those terribly oppressed people from that terrible dictator that was murdering and raping them.
If you really thought this was about anything other than the oil, you should really pull your head out of the sand and have a look around.

Iraq = Oil
Afghanistan = Poppy fields and Minerals
Libya = Oil

Next will be Syria, Iran and any other oil/mineral rich country that needs to be freed from their oppressive dictator. If you have an oppressive dictator in your country, but find your country without one of the before mentioned items, sorry we will not be able to help you.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Indeed, just look at what happened to the Tamils in Sri Lanka.

My main concern with Libya is that the country will resort to tribalism, much like Somalia. Hopefully they can install a decent democratic system or something similar that works for the people.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think france should be calved up and given out to all the other European countries and the English speaking world can sit back and laugh instead of saving them yet again.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Not forgetting the URGENT need to establish a Central Bank controlled by guess who.??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Corporations in states that voted for the UN intervention in Libya are certainly now rubbing their hands.

There it is in a nutshell. All the denial about this not being about oil. What's the first thing they do? Send in the oil companies. Where's the UN resolution saying no one is to enter Libya? Let them manage their own affairs.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27

Source

French oil companies are likely to be among those hoping for lucrative oil contracts with a new government in Libya. But the cost of the intervention and the unknown agenda of the rebels could mean more losses than gains.

­France feels like a winner as the first power to recognize Libya's rebels, the first to bomb the country and now the first in talks with rebel leaders. Foreign Minister Alain Juppe says victory gives him “great satisfaction.”

Wait a minute. That oil should be turned over to BP.
Split the revenues with the new Libyan government.
-------------
They need a good George Washington to step up. Where is he?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Shocker! Oil companies are bidding for oil contracts! Someone call Agent Mulder!

We heard the same thing about Iraq and then they went and sold drilling rights to just about anyone but the US.

Also isn’t it a bit odd that the coalition decided to bomb the crap out of Libya, costing oil companies billions, in order to get access to oil that they already had access to?

And then there's also the fact that the rebels' first oil contract went to Qatar.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Shocker! Oil companies are bidding for oil contracts! Someone call Agent Mulder!

We heard the same thing about Iraq and then they went and sold drilling rights to just about anyone but the US.

Also isn’t it a bit odd that the coalition decided to bomb the crap out of Libya, costing oil companies billions, in order to get access to oil that they already had access to?

edit on 24-8-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

Go ahead and get the oil flowing out of there but first things first : find and kill Gaddafy.
-----------
If the rebels want $1 Million, get in a truck and head south 100 miles.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Huh?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So, Schlumberger is getting in on the free contracts like Halliburton? Seems like it was only a matter of time before one of the largest suppliers of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to customers working in the oil and gas industry got its fingers deep into the middle east oil cookie jar.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Iraq = Oil
Afghanistan = Poppy fields and Minerals
Libya = Oil

Poppy fields perhaps but try...Lithium, trillions of dollars in Lithium, the largest deposit of the stuff to make your new fancy batteries ever found. I am sure the whole Libya thing has more than meets the eye. It's not 2% oil, it's some pipe or access to Africa or something like that.

edit on 24-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its better then what we did in Iraq.

We let the Iraqis sell all of their oil fields to China.

So much for us going to war for oil.

Just to add we have been letting Afghanistan do the same with those trillions of dollars of minerals. China has already bought up all of the copper mines in Afghanistan.
edit on 24/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: add

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The only thing that is proof of is the redistribution of wealth. America the hired strong-arm, to liberate the resources and allow for them to be sold to the Chinese overlords.

Sad I say

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The only thing that is proof of is the redistribution of wealth. America the hired strong-arm, to liberate the resources and allow for them to be sold to the Chinese overlords.

Sad I say

And all this time people thought it was Israel.

The wonders of misdirection.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Of course that is the agenda; plenty of other countries need a "revolution" but won’t have any help due to not having enough "potential" for "peace", however perhaps that is a blessing. As for France, well I'm sure there is more than oil in Libya and I'm also sure a whole bunch of other countries have their hand in the pie ready to grab a piece. I have to admit it’s smart how they can manipulate people so easily and pretty much hand the rebels guns to enslave themselves. I guess the best option for a dictator or leader in a developing country is to hope you are not left standing in the game of musical chairs.

top topics

join