It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's out today (okay, I'll have to wait to Thursday though
). Any of you guys already played it? What's your opinion on it? I'm really looking forward to playing this game. The first episode of Deus Ex is still one of my all time fav games

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I have been playing the game all day and in my opinion it is awsome! It a blend of cyrsis2 metalgearsolid fallout and batman as with its own unique style.

It very heavily conspiracy related wih many references to topics discussed on this website.
such as:
Illuminati, bilderberg, media control, potential martial law and fema camps.

I recommend it to any fan of conspiracy topics and gamers alike!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I Loved Deus Ex 2. Very looking forward to getting this game on pay day.
I will play the hell out of it till Skyrim

And Dead Island

edit on 24-8-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePowerThatIs

Yes, that's the reason I always loved Deus Ex, the conspiacy related story and the many places in the world where the game takes place, Hong Kong, N.Y., Area 51, France and so on...

The atmosphere is sooo darn compelling, I just love it!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalbeck

Its not out till Friday here in the UK so the wait is on , I've played and enjoyed the first two so am looking forward to this one , and given the positive reviews I think its odds on its going to be great .

Metacritic reviews round up .
www.metacritic.com...

I'm really looking forward to Rage

edit on 24-8-2011 by gortex because: Speeeeeling edit

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yeah, Rage should be great too, I'm also looking forward to playing it. I just read a review of Deus Ex HR and the magazin said that Deus Ex is more like a stealth game than action like in Rage. I love to creep around the enemies in such games, it's really a thrill
(I loooved Thief Dark Project
)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Now all we needs a working crack!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Why a working crack? Go buy the game

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Why pay for something i can have for free! Let the rich twats out there pay! After all there the ones with all the dosh!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I understand your point of view
Although I think this game will be somewhat "hard to crack", I think it uses the latest version of Steam, with a lot new security measures?...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ive played the Pre-build of this, great game just like the first! 9-10. I would buy it if Ubisoft had not included there offensive/intrusive DRM.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Why pay for something i can have for free! Let the rich twats out there pay! After all there the ones with all the dosh!

Because if everybody thought like that there would be no games for you to pirate , even the crackers say "if you enjoy the game buy it "
Game companies are not charities , they have production costs and wage bills , if nobody buys the game they go out of business .we get no PC games and we're all forced to buy inferior tech (consoles) to play .

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
If the wealth of our once mighty nation was a little more evenly distributed i may well have bought this great game. As it is ile play my cracked version(without any DRM) and let the unlucky people who paid there hard earned cash deal with Ubisofts intrusive protection!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
its just another FPS so I wont be buying it

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Gamers like you are the REASON developers are starting to charge for 'online passes' (read: EA Games and co.)
Stop being a cheapskate. You are ruining the industry, and making everyone else pay more for games as the retail price rises to offset piracy and used sales.

There are plenty of games to play free online.
Go get a SNES at a yard sale.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
its just another FPS so I wont be buying it

No its not, its an fps rpg. Like a mix between metal gear games, halo odst, and fallout. It's a very intriguing game. I never played the other deus ex games but I would recommend this to anyone on this site. It mentions corruption, the powers that be, corporate greed, etc. It's quit a timely storyline as well, relates quite well to frequent topics on ats. I've been kidnapped by it is what my fiance says.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the production value, it feels like it was quickly put together, graphically that is. The storyline flows well, seems like a lot of work went into it, but the graphics, I think, could have used a little more smoothing out during gameplay, the videos are brilliant though.

I don't usually play this type of game except for metal gear, I'm a mgs junkie. I own them all except for the NES original. The only reason I decided to pick this game up was the resemblance to the metal gear games. The functionality is almost exactly the same. Same with lighting, subject matter, and tones/personalities.

I'm an instant fan.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

I know a guy who just got a job working with the FBI, this is written evidence. I'm sure he would like a simple case to start getting some credibility. You realize the fine can be as high as $250000, I'm pretty sure about that. You could be sued by each company that has had anything to do with any of the games, movies, or music you've pirated. All it would take is a quick referral of your ats screen name and thy can use it to trace an ip address to a location. Then a short investigation of your hard drive (well, any electronic device you own) and you'll be in court for more money then you've ever seen.

People like you are not the reason for the high prices of games, but you are the reason for the slow growth of graphics and engine advancement. The cost would go up if too many people hacked games, so to make up for this, engines are reused over and over and the detail is sacrificed to the bottom line. Thank you for your ignorance, I just love eyesore games (BTW, that should be the name of some graphics producer, it would be hilarious, in the credits it would read..... an eyesore production, Haha).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ya I just checked, and it should be out in stores today or tomorrow were I am at about 40 miles from the city of Seattle WA. And right now its a toss up if I should buy it or not, but in the end I will buy it just not right now most likely.

I need to save my meager moneys up for two other games which are coming out withing about a month from now. And I have looked forward to those games way more then Deus Ex. Those games being Dark Souls, and Rage. So I will probably buy it after I play the living # out of those 2 games, and beat them each at least 2 or 3 times.

But so far from what I seen on the interwebs some say it is an above average game or meh. And others like it a lot. So it should be worth looking into or buying it.
edit on 25-8-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I will spend my lunchtime today in a multimedia store (there are a lot around here
) and buying it, can't wait.... some 3 hours to go

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I've been playing since Tuesday, what's with the late release where u guys are at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join