It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud deep rumbling heard in Yellowknife, Canada! (Sorry no video or soundbite)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ok, last Thursday around 6pm, in Yellowknife NT CANADA, me and my cousin went to my auntie's house (I am house-sitting for her) for a couple of beers! We cracked one can each and got to chatting! We hadn't seen each other in a while, and I started talking to him about ATS!
About a minute in to our conversation there was a very loud and deep rumbling that lasted about 10 - 15 seconds! It was incredibly loud, and I could hear the windows shaking from this! We went outside, to see if there was a construction crew nearby or some storm clouds and nothing! I have heard blasting going on before, there is a lot of mines around here, but this was no blast! It was also not a plane of any kind, the airport is quite a while away, and I am familiar with any commercial planes sounds, (There are a lot of float planes and commercial planes leaving Yellowknife for the various Diamond mines and whatnot!) and this wasn't it either! I phoned some people I know across town and they heard it too! I have seen a few threads where people are claiming to hear weird noises all over the world, and I am just wondering were we witness to such an event! I was thinking it was something like dry lightening, but i don't think thunder would last 10 - 15 seconds!! Just weird, to me at least! My cousin just shrugged it off like nothing! I also asked for my girlfriends cousin to drive us a round a bit to investigate (we had some beers, so I couldn't drive!) and still no evidence of what that noise could have been!

P.S. I have been witness to numerous weird things now, and I want to invest in a camera to catch something on record!
edit on (23/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAPurMAMA

I just saw another similar thread from Sarra1833 and she is talking about D4rkKnight's post here and it has me thinking! Seems like his prediction is coming true!
I am not scared though, I could live off the land if needed!

edit on (23/8/11) by SLAPurMAMA because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
but he doesnt say whats gonna happen citys only hold people

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerver

But he is going to live out in the middle of nowhere and he says get as far away from civilization as possible!

PS. Just remembered I heard a very loud "Thump" about 2 months ago, and it moved my window shades! Don't know if it's related to this event as well, at the time i just shrugged it off!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I wonder if what you experienced is similar to what's going on in Windsor, Ontario?

For weeks, residents of Windsor, Ont., have been complaining about a mysterious rumbling that is shaking them out of sleep. So far no one — including the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and the federal agency Earthquakes Canada — has any idea why. Al Maghnieh is a city councillor for a vibrating Ward 10. CBC Radio's As It Happens reached him on Friday

They have an interview on the web page, unfortunately no recording of said rumbling.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Wow, I didn't hear about this one! I just got back from the grocery store, and I am going to start researching this stuff, to try and find a recording of this noise! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

opps, double post!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
damn yellowknife is pretty darn north! it could be HAARP activity since they have a base in alaska, but it could be the poles shifting every day very slowly, you never know!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe the old Giant mine is collapsing underground. It's been shut down for a few years now, hasn't it?

Glad to know we've a Yellowknifer on ATS.
I lived there in the 70's.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Well, they are working on the Giant Mine, they are preparing to freeze all the excess arsenic underground to try and stop it from getting into Great Slave Lake! Apparently there is enough of it down their to kill the whole world over 5 times!! ?
So, I guess I should ask around, to see if they are doing lots of big blasting down there! I do remember when it was in full production and never have I heard a blast that big rocking our city/town!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Hopefully, there'll be some comments in The Yellowknifer soon.

I've never heard anything like you describe when I lived there either.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I lived in Thompson MB all of my life up to two years ago, the town is the site of a large nickel mining complex that includes an open pit. I came to understand the occasional rumble and tremor felt was blasting that occured directly under the town as sirens would be heard to note a blast was imminent from the open pit. No warning was given when you felt these mystery rumbles, I guess the depth of the mine, between 500 to 4000 metres didn't warrent any danger to us above.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

I live very near the geographic center of the US, and this afternoon I was reading outside and heard a weird rumbling...perfectly blue sky....very slight breeze....it lasted for too long to be a jet noise, and also was not preceded by normal jet-overhead-noise. I also heard it during the night not two days ago.....
just a low rumbling.
I have lived near airports for most of my life (including near the Wichita plane center -- we used to hear sonic booms all the time, back n the 60s) and I know the sound of overhead jets, choppers, etc. This was just a weird long rumbling.

I don't know.
Just saying.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah man! That must be the same thing that I heard too!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Right, like the rumble of thunder (after the initial zap-crack), but with no clouds anywhere, and lasting for wayyyy too long to be actually thunder. Even too long to be jet noise, and doesn't change pitch either like an approaching, arriving, passing-by machine. No preceding or subsequent boom or bang or whiz or zoom....just rumble rumble. Doesn't get louder or softer, either. Not a train, not a barge, not an explosion, not a transformer, or anything I've ever heard.
Really really weird.
Kinda cool.
I didn't find it scary, just very curious.

top topics

join