It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gadhafi's supposedly captured son in Tripoli, alive, well, and free! Proof of MSM lies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just saw this today.

There are so many lies being scattered on Western TV.

dimewars.com... spx?bcmediaid=5aa01724-3b73-4941-90b4-42450bf4a6bd&activetab=1

More proof that Tripoli has not fallen, or not even close

dimewars.com... 25-619f464a2029

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I wasn't surprised to read that this morning. A lot of the details in the Libyan War have been highly over hyped by the Western media. Most of the time the information is based of of "credible" rebel reports (and or rumors).

We should demand the same things from the MSM that we do of ATS members "Picks or it didn't happen"

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How many sons does Gadhafi have? I be he has a dozen. So some of them are alive and well, this proves nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Whats even more surprising is that the ICC didn't even confirm whether they actually captured Gaddafi's son. The mainstream media was literally parading about him being captured by Rebels and was soon to be going under the custody of ICC officials.

Further proof of the lies shown and told by the mainstream media.

edit on 23-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, the rebels are fighting to take control of Tripoli, there is video proof of this. As for the media, they had heard reports that the rebels did capture 2 of his 3 sons. Whether they were true or not from the rebels. Sometimes you have to say stuff like that to rally your troops up. Its war people, the facts wont always be there right away. This isn't a video game. If you want the facts I suggest you fly there yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gadhaffi has 8 sons.

They knew and reported that the son that had supposedly been captured, was actually free.
They thought he was captured, along with 2 others, and then reported that one was not captured, or had escaped. They said they didn't know. That was on the main TV news yesterday .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Half the problem (IMO) is the competition between the various journalists and media for the most up to date news... they're in such a rush to be the first to report something they are failing to check their sources

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loneranger26
reply to post by snowspirit

Thanks for the correction.

Now if we could figure out how he likes his name spelled....
It's different every time I see it

Kadaffi , Gadhaffi, Ghadaffi, Qadaffi, Khadaffi..........

I like the one with the Q.
It looks exotic

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It must be HARD keeping the lies together. They're just 1 lie away (them as in govt/media) from being exposed, for what they are! LIARS!!! I can't wait for that bubble to pop. We talk about the housing bubble, gold bubble, etc...we need to talk about the lies and deceptions bubble. When that baby 'POPS'......look out!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
It must be HARD keeping the lies together. They're just 1 lie away (them as in govt/media) from being exposed, for what they are! LIARS!!! I can't wait for that bubble to pop. We talk about the housing bubble, gold bubble, etc...we need to talk about the lies and deceptions bubble. When that baby 'POPS'......look out!

Hasn't happened yet, and it's been going on a long, long time. People don't have very good critical-thinking skills. Remember all the different stories that came out from the principals involved in the Osama bin Laden debacle? They weren't even all singing from the same damn hymnbook. One would come out with some crazy lie, and another could contradict it 5 minutes later with an entirely different crazy lie--and not one of my MSM-watching acquaintances even noticed! And when I pointed it out, they looked at me as I were the idiot! They were all so absolutely *giddy* that OBL was dead (for what--the 12th time?) that they were literally deaf to how many impossible lies they heard....
edit on 8/25/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The corporate media and government lie to us all the time. Anyone who thinks they don't must be delusional.

Another great one from the BBC breakfast news, from yesterday I think, showing thousands of jubilant Libyan rebels celebrating in Green Square in Tripoli, is actually film of a demonstration in India. The people are clearly Indian and Libyan and are even carrying / waving Indian flags. Seriously, do they think we are all so stupid we'd not notice this crap? The excuse of "sloppy journalism" or a "mistake" just doesn't cut it any more, it's just plain lies and manipulation to push government agendas. I, for one, am sick of it, especially as my tax money is used to feed me those same lies!

If anyone wants to see this footage, here it is:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join