It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Aristocracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
While this isn't exactly news to many of us, the details are . . . and they're somewhat disturbing especially in light of what is happening with Bank of America, their stock and the general consensus that they're one economic fart away from going 'toes skyward'.

Fat Cats Got Trillions yet it didn't fix a thing . . .

What irks me, generally, is the amounts needed to stabilize things and the amount that went across the pond to save off short Big Bankers while many of us continue to struggle, worry about our futures and generally get the feeling that economically we're swirling the bowl.

“Why in hell does the Federal Reserve seem to be able to find the way to help these entities that are gigantic?”

Any bets the do it again . . . soon?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Let's not forget the image to illustrate....

If they do anything like this again it should come as an anathema to every hard-working American. And any further QE is going to have upward inflationary impacts around the world. It's going to be interesting going forward because Bernanke doesn't have the public support to launch further QE, nor the government having any support for bailouts. The flip side is that no interventions is going to mean economic deterioration, and crises building upon crises until XXXX.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
These people really are disgusting. They are human predators, soulless and remorseless.

Americans have had it good for a long time. They haven't had to rise up in rebellion (well, most of them). They are about to get a rude, rude awakening.

Personally I would like to see all the Wall Street and Government principles do hard time, life sentences, and not in a golfcourse minimum-security joint either. It's better than what they really deserve.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I haven't even got to the link yet. You are getting a star and flag for this..

they're one economic fart away from going 'toes skyward'.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Excellent graphic . . . I'm just so beside myself this morning seeing this and knowing full well that we're really no better off than in 2008 yet the gatekeepers of our economy get away with narry a scratch on their teflon lives.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

LMAO I didn't notice that.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Record bonuses, people. Record bonuses. They are rubbing our faces in it.

Just speculating, of course, but it seens to me that the Hamptons, Beverly Hills, Manhattan...these are not heavily fortified places. The decadent slobs who haunt these corrupt halls of debauchery are not security-conscious, they are physically soft and pampered. It strikes me as faintly surprising there hasn't been a "torches and pitchfork moment" yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Wall Street Aristocracy Got $1.2 Trillion in Secret Loans

Everyday is Merry Christmas to bankers and US government.

new topics

top topics

join