It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the medim-term outlook for Japan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, this is ATS where every moment is the end of the world.

But it seems life does go on. Almost half a year after the accident, the country has not sunk into the sea, been mass-evacuated, or had all life vanish from it.

Assuming common sense (a tall order, certainly), what do you see as the medium-term outlook for this country? By "medium term," let's say "3 to 5 years."

The long term is too uncertain...but can we say something about the next few years?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Japan will suffer from radiation poisoning just like Chernobyl. Sad to say and I wanted to go there to learn more Japanese.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Japan will suffer from radiation poisoning just like Chernobyl.

Well, yes. I think this is safe to say.

Would anyone care to elaborate?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The octopuss supply will increase significantly since they all will be born with 2 heads now.

So no food shortage

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
No apocalypse but effects will be felt and they will be serious.

Japan's economy and society are likely to see a rapid restructring over the next ten years. It is by getting in on the ground floor after such changes that truly large fortunes are made. Those who embrace risk are likely to be rewarded if they hit the right economic play. But such things are no child's play, and those who faddle when they should have fiddled will see massive losses.

In the longer term, I am confident of the ability of the Japanese people and nation to overcome this.
edit on 8/22/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Sad it is I guess that nothing will really change. We will have a few hundred Million people dying worldwide (while most will die in Japan, Canada and the US) but nobody will care. It will take years to develop cancer and they will just be burried without anybody mentioning Fukushima.
It was the same with Chernobyl where at least 100,000 were killed (with cancer) but officialy less than 100 died from this accident. That's why radiation is one of the most secure power sources. Just don't count those Millions dying with cancer as it's a medical problem...

Those medical companies selling equipment for radiation treatment will earn some additional Billions and some companies will move from Japan to Europe or parts of the US. Overall I think that life will go an as usual just with a some hundred Million people less. But who cares if some Million Japanese people are missing? Have you ever missed those 100,000 Russians? It's really sad but that's life

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Medium term outlook? HOT.

Long term outlook? Empty.

GET OUT OF JAPAN!

Don't say you were never warned.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnixFE
It was the same with Chernobyl where at least 100,000 were killed (with cancer) but officialy less than 100 died from this accident. That's why radiation is one of the most secure power sources.

Of cause it should read: That's why they tell us that it is the most secure source. In reality we already have at least a Million cancer cases worldwide suspected to be from all those nuke plants around us.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Everything is depending on which Source do you use for your Research

Look

Look

Look

Look

There are so many different Opinions,
but i want to incl. my own:

There will be an sharp increase in Child Mortality,
the Babies will die unborn or Post-Natal,
they will die in the Kindergarten, in the School,
Junior High, in the College as well as in the University!

Each one brings a lot of Pain and Suffering!
Each one means a lost of Dreams and Wishes!

And each Life will be spoiled because of Incompetence

edit on 22-8-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

join