It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Thoughts About the General Media Conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't usually watch reality TV but I was recently sucked into a few shows. I am not proud of this - I should watch a little less TV in general.....

I was thinking about the reality shows, and how they give life do people's dreams, and provide "entertainment" AKA distraction. Then I thought about the marketing and propaganda breakthroughs by Edward Bernays. After doing a little reading about his studies and demonstrations I realized how largely media effects the world. This fact could be interpreted as a possible attribute for the human race considering common dreams lead to less dispute. But I can't help but wonder when our dreams become reality TV where does the reality go?

Edward Bernays did a demonstration to promote the sale of tobacco to women. He arranged for a large group of women to stand in a busy public area and light up a cigarette as a show of women's rights and equality. To this day women feel powerful when they smoke a cigarette, this belief was passed down from generation to generation between friends and family alike, and of coarse the media.

Edward Bernays was the Einstein of the marketing and propaganda industry, I do not know if he was a good man, all I know is "evil people" AKA psychopaths that run corporations are not good people, and such people are praised and rewarded for growth of business from the share holders.

So if the media corporations are paid by the psychopaths (commercials) and the psychopaths are paid by the share holders, then where is the conspiracy here? When will America wake up from the fantasy? This is the way the world works the people that are hiding it, those same people are the investors of the fantasy. The people with all the money want all the power and all the power comes from having more money.

We are just the slaves that run the money machine, distracted by the fantasy.
edit on 21-8-2011 by nottheonlyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by nottheonlyone because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Most people downplay the effects of media on humans. They don't want to admit that yes, media does influence society, since they may enjoy the particular medium and genre. It won't make you suddenly one day get up and want to shoot someone, but it takes a long time of constant indoctrination to influence the way you think. I believe this was called a media feedback loop where both culture and media constantly influence each other.
edit on 21-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is a link to who owns the media to help make some sense of the agenda it portrays www.fair.org...

new topics

join