It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not sure what I had a run in with in my dream but demon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
(Also noting to people reading this thread. It is somewhat of a spirit walk/astral projection experience and not a dream/nightmare. )

Alright, last night I was lucid dreaming, hanging out with dream images of my friends. Then suddenly all the scenary changes and eventually I'm in front of a glass doorway with the remnants of what I was dreaming being mirrored for a few seconds. I started getting the panicky feeling I get when I'm trying to do spirit walk/astral projection whatever you feel like calling it. Anyways back to the glass door, all the surrounding walls seemed like the inside of an old wood closet where behind me would be the opening of the closet and in front of me, inside closet, had this glass door with two red drapes on either side. All I see beyond the glass is darkness but I 'sensed' someone being there. I tapped on the glass a couple of times and after a second, a black heavy glove came out of the darkness and tapped back. Then something that looked like a skinny humanoid somewhat like a gray, but way taller, eyes slitted more, and what I'd call olive yellow skin (think the worms from men in black type yellow skin, except a little darker with olive). We had a terse exchange which I don't remember what was said. Then he started showing me a somewhat overlap of him and my best friend from highschool. After that I asked him to please leave and woke up. When I get panicky in this state I can only maintain the lucid dream type control for so long then the stress wakes me up.
Now by the way he looked, I wasn't quite sure if I could call him a demon, dimensional alien, etc. But I was wondering if anyone knew of something that sounds familiar to what I described.
The basic things about our exchange was
we could get enough concepts of thought across but I couldn't quite understand him where he seemed to understand me. All I got from him was that he didn't seem to care about moving beyond the glass door, just trying to communicate. The tap on glass thing was an old joke from a friend at least that was the memory that was sparked when he did it. And then this, "being", showing me the image of my best friend overlapping him. My best guess is that he was there on friendly terms. Now I wish I was able to hold more control over my panic so that I could've communicated longer.

Anyways what do you all think of the encounter? Demon or other thing? Friendly or possibly not?
edit on 20-8-2011 by furzball because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It seems that you may have encountered Aleister Crowley's lam. Also called the "original grey"
Great thread on it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by furzball

I know, it's a shame. Most of the things I dream about ain't real...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
It seems that you may have encountered Aleister Crowley's lam. Also called the "original grey"
Great thread on it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not really. It was more like a fleshy insect. head was not the big bulging skull of the grays. I mainly used gray to describe the lanky body. The head was sorta like a fleshy insect (insect without and exoskeleton) which reminds me, think of the color of slugs and add a little yellow in (somewhat like the younger slugs) it's skin color and texture was like that of a slug. But certainly hard enough to do a few good taps on a glass door with its' finger.

Though I'll look into this original gray see if there is any relevant information and if not it'll be a good read. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What you are describeing sounds like something i've been taught to think of as the "dream realm". It's an 'other' place that isn't a place. Because you were already lucid this consciousness was able to get your attention. More specifically you were able to remember the incident. I think that (It/he/she) may have pulled/called you out of your personal dream space. (sometimes called bubbles or windows or doors...) But most likely it was trying to get your attention and asking for audience. (just like a visitor at the front door of your house might... and just like that visitor it is usually considered "rude with overtones of danger" to enter without announcing yourself...)

There is generally a sort of membrane which seperates the average dreamer from the realm. Almost anybody can cross into the realm although few actually do. (it's like lucid dreaming that way.) The most difficult question you need to determine is if you were the one who superimposed an image or was it the entity you were in contact with? Usually it was you. Basically, from speaking to other dream walkers over the years, what you described was something or someone attempting to broadcast the concept of "FRIEND" and your mind attempted to translate that useing the superimposed image.

Also, (just another friendly suggestion) you can't judge anything you experience in the realm by what it appears to be. You have to gut-check and 'feel' it out. Be careful because even this tenious connection is a link that the unscrupulious or untrained can use to attack with. Most times I don't even bother projecting a clear image of myself. But what this critter/person looked like doesn't have to be what it was... Expert dreamwalkers can project any image they feel like.

I hope this was helpful. Btw, there is always the chance that you were just haveing a multi-layered dream and that you never left your own personal dream-space.

join