It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas armed wing ends truce with Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The Qassam brigades, the military wing of Hamas, announced that they were no longer committed to its de facto ceasefire with Israel in effect since more than two years ago.

"There is no longer any truce with the enemy," said the statement broadcast over a Hamas radio station early on Saturday.

english.aljazeera.net...

and

According to Gaza residents, three Hamas-controlled compounds in Rafah were among the targets hit in Thursday's late night air strikes.

Ghazi Hamad, Hamas' deputy foreign minister, denied any connection between Hamas or the people of Gaza with the attacks in southern Israel.

"From the first moment we are surprised that Israel started to target people. To target civilians, to target places, to target buildings before knowing who stands behind this operation. So, I think that Israel [always] considers Gaza a weak point that they can target them under any circumstances," he said.

Hamad called the rocket attacks from Gaza,"a kind of natural reaction against the Israeli aggression against our people."

He continued: "If they stop their aggression and attacks against Gaza, I think people here are interested in keeping Gaza calm and quiet."

Hamad also said that Hamas was "surprised" that members of the international community had not condemned Israel for "killing civilians".

Well I guess this means more war.

Hamas ended the truce in 2007 as well. Right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ah. Time for WW3. Someone fetch me some popcorn, and an app that can translate what I'm saying to Chinese

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yup. Perfect timing. election time, super bad economy. I'm with above. Popcorn and a comfty chair, maybe a brew or two...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Looks like Israel is getting what they want as usual. Before you know it they will be begging us for more money and more weapons. Just hard earned tax dollars being thrown down the drain.

top topics

join