It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Corruption - Goldman VP Name Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It is called Government Sachs for a reason... if your still under the illusion that the banks don't run the show, here is another example of how the game is played. (Guess who loses every time... that's right, the average, honest, tax-paying citizen!)

Enter Peter Simonyi (I didn't know him either) employed by the S.E.C. prior to getting hired by Goldman Sachs to lobby his friends and ex-coworkers in favor of any and all deregulation against Goldman... OK, so far, nothing new.

Well, the revolving door hasn't stopped yet... Darryl Issa chooses him to join the staffer "oversight committee" where, surprise, surprise, he suggests that there is way too much regulation on banks such as Goldman.
But, there is only so much obvious conflict of interest that can be passed without the public becoming aware of it right?

Solution: NAME CHANGE!

The signature on the commissions "findings" is Peter Haller, so there is obviously no conflict between him and Peter Simonyi (i.e. the government and Goldman Sachs) right?
I think you pretty where the video takes us so, try not to get overly fuming while watching yet another example of government corruption at its worst. (or best, I guess it depends which side you are on!)

For those who say that the reason the economy is down the tubes is over-regulation... wrong!
The problem is corruption like this which does not allow the essential regulation to actually get done... remember, these people would dump their toxic material into drinking water if it wasn't for government regulation.

The answer is NOT deregulation, it is putting honest people in offices with actual teeth to punish wrongdoers, and allowing them to impose the actual regulations in place!

the Billmeister

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Great post. Every incident of government corruption needs to be brought to a dead stop. Thanks for pointing this out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Nah I'm not really surprised, the shock factor kind of wears off after a while.

these people would dump their toxic material into drinking water if it wasn't for government regulation.
Isn't that exactly what they do with flouride?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Search Function will set you free:

earlier thread

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this! S&F

I point this out to people all the time and the argument I get back in return is " Well, who would you have regulate things? These are the experts in that field so they know where the corruption is"

Some people just don't want to believe that the government is crawling with corruption, They say crap like "they are just people", lol all bad and corrupt people are just people. The shear Ignorance is astounding to me.

I am an avid free market proponent and even I know for a fact that certain regulation to protect 3rd parties from private contracts is absolutely necessary. There is so much misinformation out there. I blame the education system, they train people to accept what they are told, not to think for themselves and learn through observation.

Let me make it clear right now, Free markets and Capitalism can not exist without proper regulation to protect 3rd parties and a vigilant 3rd party public that pays attention to the regulation and understands its effect. Otherwise it just becomes a money making factory for the elite and the people suffer. that is not to say that USA or anywhere else has a free market, that is an obvious myth, I would even say we do not practice capitalism.

PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP! We are getting screwed worse daily and the people we promote to take care of it need to be watched like a hawk. There is no such thing as "I trust this person" How?!?!?!?!? You only know them through their public tv sound bit persona. Just reading articles doesn't help, you have to actually understand the effects of the things they do in your own mind.

It is all, read the book and pass the test. The propaganda taught in public schools makes my head spin.

edit on 19-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: added "for the elite"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I use the search function before every one of my posted threads, sometimes the other thread just doesn't show up (probably having to do with algorithmic programming codes and such) ... so please, DO NOT give me any stars or flags if it so pleases you. (In fact, I don't even know what these virtual trinkets can buy me...?)

BUT, I urge you to communicate the information attached, the reason I posted it is that I consider it to be important!

Thank you for the link to the thread, however, I am interested on any comment or opinion you may have on the topic.

Cheers,
the Billmeister

top topics

join