It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Yummy Breakfast Casserole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have been making this for over ten years! I usually make it for holiday mornings when there are a lot of people. It feeds a lot!

I was never a fan of eggs til I had this and it is actually how I prefer my omelettes!

Mblah's Yummy Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients

1 1/2 box of stuffing
1 1/2 lb of spicy breakfast sausage cooked, drained and crumbled
1 can chicken broth
3 cups Mexican Cheese blend
1/2 cup of taco sauce
3 tomatoes diced
1/2 an onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 tbs fresh cilatro chopped small
I can of diced potatoes
1 small can of black sliced olives
1 1/2 tsp chopped jalapeno
1 cup diced mushrooms

16 eggs
1/2 cup of milk

Directions

In a large bowl mix all the above ingredients minus the eggs and milk. I used my hands to mix, it was much easier. In a medium bowl mix eggs and 1/2 of milk. Once you have thoroughly mixed the above ingredients put entire mixture in a 9x13 lasagna pan and then pour the egg evenly over the top. This is how it will look before you cover and put it in the fridge.

Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight. It can be made the same day but it is best to let it sit a couple hours before cooking. Once ready to cook, cook at 350 covered for 30mins then uncover and cook 20 mins or until top is browned.

I usually serve this with salsa and sour cream. I have also sprinkled more cheese on top when I uncover it and cook it for the additional 20 mins...This is one of those dishes where those who don't like eggs will like this, or so is my experience

edit on 8/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: adjust recipe

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Girl,you just had to go and make mama hungry,
shame on you

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Girl,you just had to go and make mama hungry,
shame on you

LOL I hear that I make people hungry alot!

I made everyone hungry yesterday at work however I had made manicotti for everyone so there was food

I make myself hungry!! There is one thing I dont watch and that is the cooking channel lol I'd never leave my house. I'd want to make everything lol

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I second MamaJs comment.... even though I've had breakfast already my tummy is here rumbling. Ohhh for shame!! Evil... just plain evil

Thanks for this, it reminds me of something I've made for years and years too but have not lately. I'm thinking I'll have to try this one this weekend... hehe......

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

OMG that looks delish and the ingredients list...yummy! i'm wondering if you have ever made a variant of this dish that is kinder to those plagued by cholesterol problems? i was wondering how this would be with, for example, 18 eggs (only use the yolk of 4, the rest freezer for cake time) and maybe using turkey sausage as well.

i don't know how to substitute the sour cream but (drool) your recipe sounds sooooo good!

i can't watch those cooking channels either. i'm deeply in love w/ rachael ray, giada de laurentis and a few of the other girls, and my wife loves to tease me about that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Cough,cough,I am not Mamaj,I am Mamabeth.
Because of this thread,I am now eating left-over
grits from breakfast this morning.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

OMG that looks delish and the ingredients list...yummy! i'm wondering if you have ever made a variant of this dish that is kinder to those plagued by cholesterol problems? i was wondering how this would be with, for example, 18 eggs (only use the yolk of 4, the rest freezer for cake time) and maybe using turkey sausage as well.

It wont come out the same, the whole point are the eggs. It's nice and fluffy with all the egg.

However you could leave it out but then I would substitute it with chicken broth that way the stuffing has something to soak into.
You can also use turkey sausage. I have even used ground turkey on accident lol grabbed what I thought was sausage and it wasnt.

i don't know how to substitute the sour cream but (drool) your recipe sounds sooooo good!

i can't watch those cooking channels either. i'm deeply in love w/ rachael ray, giada de laurentis and a few of the other girls, and my wife loves to tease me about that.

I love sour cream lol I put it in almost everything lol It works great! Not sure on a substitute for it...Yogurt? I know a friend of mine substitutes plain yogurt for a lot of cream type side dips..

I go to the foodnetworks web site instead lol

I use to sit there with a notebook and take down recipes lol

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

DOH!! My bad... I am so sorry Mammabeth.... see what you've done there Mblah?? Got my mind all scrambled up to where I can't think straight!

Again, I am sooo sorry, Mama.. it won't happen again....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

thank you for your reply and feedback. it makes sense, your comment on the fluffy of the eggs. that really does look so good i'm going to have to make it, i think.

yogurt as a sub for sour cream sounds like an interesting idea. mmmm! my eldest sister is a really good cook like you. thanks for sharing

join