It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Satellites drifting into our Solar System, just like lost Nasa Satellites, a possibilty...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Before I state my opinion on the subject of the thread, here is some background to my reasoning:

One of my favorite arguments about Alien visitation, humans are doing the same thing. So far there is no life on the planets and moons we are observing, to be observing us back.

Let's move onto Nasa's Mission, Pioneer 10, which lost signal in January 2003

Pioneer 10 will continue to coast silently as a ghost ship through deep space into interstellar space, heading generally for the red star Aldebaran, which forms the eye of Taurus (The Bull). Aldebaran is about 68 light years away and it will take Pioneer over 2 million years to reach it.

If anyone can provide info on how long our equipment can last in space, that would be much appreciated. It seems, space junk will last forever until it is hit by an asteroid or falls to a planet? Is this true?

2 Million years? With zero relative velocity, how long could it survive? How long can things survive in space?

12). How long will orbital debris remain in Earth orbit? The higher the altitude, the longer the orbital debris will typically remain in Earth orbit. Debris left in orbits below 600 km normally fall back to Earth within several years. At altitudes of 800 km, the time for orbital decay is often measured in decades. Above 1,000 km, orbital debris will normally continue circling the Earth for a century or more. Return to Top

What does 2 million years on Earth mean?

The basic timeline is a 4.5 billion year old Earth, with (very approximate) dates:

* 3.8 billion years of simple cells (prokaryotes),
* 3 billion years of photosynthesis,
* 2 billion years of complex cells (eukaryotes),
* 1 billion years of multicellular life,
* 600 million years of simple animals,
* 570 million years of arthropods (ancestors of insects, arachnids and crustaceans),
* 550 million years of complex animals,
* 500 million years of fish and proto-amphibians,
* 475 million years of land plants,
* 400 million years of insects and seeds,
* 360 million years of amphibians,
* 300 million years of reptiles,
* 200 million years of mammals,
* 150 million years of birds,
* 130 million years of flowers,
* 65 million years since the non-avian dinosaurs died out,
* 2.5 million years since the appearance of the genus Homo,
* 200,000 years since humans started looking like they do today,
* 25,000 years since Neanderthals died out.

What is theoretically in store for our future if we SURVIVE for millions of more years? Here is one theory:

The Kardashev Scale

The Kardashev scale is a theoretical method of measuring an advanced civilization's level of technological advancement and energy consumption in a cosmic perspective.

Type 1 Civilization, can harness all the energy equivalent of the Planet

Type 2 Civilization, can harness all the energy equivalent of the Sun

Type 3 Civilization, can harness all the energy equivalent of the Galaxy

We are currently below a Type 1 Civilization. A Type 2 Civilization; what technology would be used if we had enough energy as the Sun? Worm hole technology? Maybe? To have equivalent energy of an entire Galaxy? Who knows....

What I'm getting at, is Pioneer 10 drifting away at 2 millions years can indicate a couple things:

1. Pioneer 10 might make it to Aldebaran even though there are probably no Earth-Like planets there to observe our Satellite. If life can exist without water, and can observe Pioneer 10, then what?

If Aldebaran A's substellar companion "b" does actually exist with its apparent inner orbit, then it is highly unlikely that an Earth-type planet could have formed in Star A's water zone before it left the main sequence. Even if such an orbit were possible, any Earth-type planets that orbited Aldebaran A during its youth would have been burnt to a cinder by now, and possibly fallen into the star from frictional drag with the giant star's gaseous envelope. Astronomers would find it very difficult to detect an Earth-sized planet around this star using present methods.

2. If you can handle brainstorming the Kardashev Scale, then maybe an advanced civilization comes across Pioneer 10 in space.

Therefore with this one example, I think it is highly likely, non-active Alien Satellites could have drifted into our Solar System, and have been observed. If not observed at least anticipated. There are other Satellites that are far out in Space too: Voyager 1, Voyager 2 , Pioneer 11, and New Horizons. One very important thing to understand is the estimated position of the "lost satellites" are only guess, because we've lost the signal.

Is it possible Alien Satellites have fallen to Earth? Maybe in the ocean? Or entered our Solar System?

Source - NASA Pioneer 10
Source - Wiki Kardashev Scale
Source - Wiki Time Line of Evolution
Source - Wiki Black Hole
Source - Wiki Pioneer 10
Source - Sol Station
Source - Nasa Orbital FAQ's
edit on 19-8-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
hope we can live that long 2 witness those satellites.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by requireduser
hope we can live that long 2 witness those satellites.

could have been released 3 billion years ago... there is no telling because of the size of the universe.
they could come tomorrow, they could've happened 10,000 years ago. it's amazing how possible it is.

I imagine space is littered with satellites, colonies and bases. one stray finding its way into Sol's area wouldn't surprise in the least.

for an advanded alien race to find Earth, I would believe they would use probes with advanced AI systems to actually seek out planets and map star systems within galaxies. actively searching out life.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Are you one of those perpetrators of the "what if" alien bs? Come on man, that's all every Discovery/ History channel ever starts, and ends with, a "what if" question that is basically the sum up the the 1 hour people waste watching these programs.

"Tonight on Alien Discoveries..... what if Earth has been visited by alien life..... and what if aliens really planted us here..... and what if your mother sold Heroin for food stamps......?"

I'm tired of the false premise advertising programs that tell us nothing concrete and just ask more questions. It never ends, every program on Mainstream TV starts and ends with the same QUESTION..... stop feeding into these bs programs!
edit on 19-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Are you one of those perpetrators of the "what if" alien bs? Come on man, that's all every Discovery/ History channel ever starts, and ends with, a "what if" question that is basically the sum up the the 1 hour people waste watching these programs.

"Tonight on Alien Discoveries..... what if Earth has been visited by alien life..... and what if aliens really planted us here..... and what if your mother sold Heroin for food stamps......?"

I'm tired of the false premise advertising programs that tell us nothing concrete and just ask more questions. It never ends, every program on Mainstream TV starts and ends with the same QUESTION..... stop feeding into these bs programs!
edit on 19-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

I actually asked a few questions, that would debunk my claim, or what if scenario as you describe it. What if an Alien Satellite drifts into our Solar System? NO. COULD an Alien Satellite drift into our Solar System? Could one?

Also if you read carefully someone sharing links or stories relative to what I wrote would be appreciated.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I think what the OP and every other mainstream show are doing is basically looking at possibilities??? I don't see anything wrong with this given the vastness of the universe, and considering the probability of other intelligent life forms in existence there of???

What makes you think all this is BS???

Peace

edit on 19-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join