It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Is Scrabbling In Order to Explain The Free Fall At The Markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Anyone watching CNN Right now? just look how CNN Is Scrabbling in Fear in order to explain The Free Fall At The Markets and from what we are seeing they are so called exports are richard quest and Ali Velshi.

Ali Velshi Is Still saying this isnt 2008 yet

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They are having issues explaining the global economy?
edit on 18-8-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'm sorry.... "scrabbling" ????? What exactly does that mean? They are trying to get the right words together to put as a headline?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Do you have a link to a video feed, or to the story in question? I just love it when talking heads can't do their job right. They look like fools.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

It seems that CNN is trying to hold on to there cliams that we werent at the 2008 level

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skada

Do you have a link to a video feed, or to the story in question? I just love it when talking heads can't do their job right. They look like fools.

Sorry i just saw it on CNN it was on CNN a while ago, but boy i havent Seen CNN behave like this in a long time.

You should have seen there panicking faces.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You might want to hurry up and make a point so we know what you are talking about...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Would someone link me up so live feed or something thats covering the markets 9video/debate)?

Being an Australian i don't really know where to look. Been watching the ticker on cnnmoney, but yeah, am very interested in this.

To be honest, how can they not know whats happening, most people are all saying the same thing.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Well CNN is trying explain the Free Fall At The Markets to hold on with there cliams that we werent at the 2008 level.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by User1981

2008 level of? lol The dow? As far as i know everyone knows how far its gone down.

You're english might be ok, doesnt change the fact that you posted a few one liners and didnt go into what this thread is really about. o.O
edit on 18-8-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Sorry for the thread title i know Scrabbling isnt qutie a word to use, as for the one liner thread what else i should have said? i did saw it CNN it so i was typying it while watching it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
free fall stopped no worries

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've been watching on and off today and I don't think they are scrambling to explain...they are just scrambling to fill air time. There is only so much they can say on the topic and they are saying it over and over again.

the market dropped, it's bound to happen. Tomorrow it will probably jump back up. It's the nature of the beast. Yes right now we will see bigger drops and smaller rises, but we can't always be doing good. Recessions and the like happen. It's just plain old economics.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
their problem is finding the market that is free falling. I can't find it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
their problem is finding the market that is free falling. I can't find it.

DOW sank this morning, still is -419.63

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Perhaps CNN needs to watch Fox before they start their day. I'm not a particular fan of Fox but between 4-5am it's Fox, CNN or an endless selection of infomercials on every contraption of scheme ever known to man. So it happened I had Fox on this morning when they were explaining the world wide drops of foreign markets and saying the DOW could be expected to immediately drop over 200 points and continue to be a wild ride all day. No panic there. In fact the Fox people almost seemed amused.

I can't quite share that amusement as market changes at this scale determine whether people like my older Mom will have any retirement left in her accounts at all. They sure seemed eager to see the day start though.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
No vid or it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

In a thread once (08 or 09) I listed the economic headlines from CNN, MSNBC and Bloomberg over a span of 2 weeks. It went something like this:

US Stock fall on economic fears.
US Stocks rise on economic news.
US stocks fall on fears of economic recession
US stock rise on hopes of avoiding recession
US stock fall on earnings
US stocks rise on employment numbres
US stocks fall on unemployment numbers
US stock rise on better than expected reports
Us stock fall on economic woes
US stocks rise on positive economic signs..

....etc etc etc etc.....

MSM news for economic information outside of the slider bar at the bottom is like going to a preschool and having the class at large explain why the chart has a funny zigzaggy line going down.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

It's happening.....I'm up 5 per cent so far....looking for what Tokyo will do.... with germany right after that market.

top topics

join