It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Strange Things...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Before I even get started, I realize what I'm about to say sounds completely stupid. I am also currently being prescribed the drug PHENYTOIN, which is just generic DILANTIN, which is ironically a drug that made an appearance in the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest -- at least according to Wikipedia; I never read the book, and haven't seen the movie in years. Anyway, I'm stating all of this ahead of time because I already KNOW it sounds stupid and most people on here will just post useless comments to try and be "cool". But, I really don't care. I'm posting this simply because I want to see what others out there think, or to find out if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them lately.

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few months ago - at least that's what most of my doctors think it is.. personally, I think what they're seeing is just scar tissue from when I had surgery back in the late 90's. But that's a whole other long story... and I'm not going to get into all of it here, right now, because I want to talk about something else.

Because of all of this going on, my doctors have put me on anticonvulsants because they're worried I could have a seizure - first it was LEVETIRACETAM, otherwise known as generic Keppra - probably because nobody, including neurologists, can even pronounce it... The Keppra made me feel like I was a living 'zombie" for about 6 hours out of every day.. so I obviously hated taking the crap, and I quickly told my doctors how much I hated the stuff and asked if there was any way I could get off of it. They told me yes, but that I still had to be on something, "just to be safe". So, now I'm on this stuff called "Phenytoin" - generic Dilantin.

I'm sorry for talking in circles, but I'd rather go through this stuff ahead of time - I want everyone reading this to understand that I have done my own personal research into these drugs, and that I also realize their many possible side effects - including hallucinations.

Anyway.. back to why I'm posting this. The last few days, I've been seeing some very odd things - but always only for a few seconds, in other words it's impossible for me to sit here and get some kind of picture, unless I sit here with my camera at my side all day long or something... and relating to the camera, the "story" pretty much starts off like this... because of me being on these strange anticonvulsants, I'm pretty much confined to my house. If I'm on my feet for too long I usually get really "dizzy", if I'm in a car I feel car sick. Because of this I'm too worried that if I attempt to drive anywhere myself I'll end up getting in an accident. So.. I sit here, completely bored out of my mind, playing games on the computer, watching a TON of C-span lately, reading, doing a lot of my own research, and of course, reading through the forums here on ATS.

Back to the camera thing, how this all started... or seems to in my mind anyway. Because I've been so bored, I've been going outside and taking pictures of the garden, the moon, the sun rising and setting, my dogs, the occasional groundhog or deer running around in the backyard.. things like that. Then one day, my dad was outside mowing the backyard and he comes in the house all upset saying how he found the USB cable off the camera lying in the backyard. I explain to him how I did NOT put the USB cable in the backyard, and he keeps saying how the USB cable was NOT in the camera, that he took it out of it.. so finally I'm just like "well dad, are you trying to say I threw the cable out in the backyard?" he replies something like "no, I'm not saying that, but it's possible that the cable was hanging off the strap of the camera" Obviously, all of this is possible, and I know it sounds really stupid, but to me.. I did NOT throw the stupid USB cable out in the backyard, and if it WAS dangling off the strap or something - instead of being attached to the side of the camera in the USB port, blah blah blah...

In other words, either I was wrong, my dad was wrong, OR something else happened.

So that's "part 1, the Intro".

Next is "part 2"
Ever since this happened, my 2 dogs have been acting VERY strange.. they'll be sitting here completely ignoring me, with their eyes "glued" on something, as if their following some invisible thing around - I realize it COULD just a bug or something flying around, but if that's what it was, I would have seen it too... They also have been going crazy, running around all over the house barking like crazy at nothing several times. Usually when they do this, there's somebody walking their dog outside in front of our house, or there's a rabbit or some other animal out in our backyard - but lately, there's been nothing around. I sort of blew it off thinking that whatever it was simply ran away as soon as the dogs starting barking like crazy..

However, the other day, I let my dogs go run outside and I stood there watching, trying to figure out what they were running after... when I caught a glimpse of this strange very thin looking black "thing" jumping into the bushes then over the fence. I don't even know how to describe it other than that. The only thing that it could have possibly been was me catching a glimpse of the shadow of a deer??? Who knows.

Then earlier today, I got this strange feeling that something was watching me through the window, and as soon as I turned and look out the window, I saw this very small, round, black looking thing "standing" there looking at me, then it quickly jumped up and ran off. The only thing that this could of been was I dunno, a rabbit or a cat, sitting there on 2 legs watching me?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Anyway I have read some posts on here with things that seem fairly related to what I'm talking about, and I'm just wondering what people out there think, or who has had experiences like this happen to them lately - basically within the last 3 months or so.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by Time2Think because: fixing typos.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It is possible that the Tumour might've grown back, especially if you're still seeing things............sorry for you. It could be ghosts, there have been cases of supernatural phenomena.......who knows ? If you're dogs are seeing things, you're problems are ghosts interdimensional beings.
If you haven't been getting any sleep you can hallucinate too.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Can you share more details about the entity you saw? How tall was it? Did it have arms and legs, that is, was it basically humanoid in appearance? Clothing, colors seen, shades of gray, anything to help us understand more about this entity.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

The thing I saw in the backyard was very tall and skinny.. it just looked like a shadow - it was during the day and very sunny outside, it looked like it was 6 feet tall or so.. whatever it was the bushes in my backyard were moving around and my dog went running up towards it. It looked like it jumped over the fence to get away. I've seen deer do the same thing a few times already, but they're hardly ever out during the day, and I SEE the deer.. this was a "shadow". Looked like it had long skinny arms and legs.

The thing in the window just looked like a little furry round ball with tiny legs and arms, it looked like it was standing up on two legs then ran off. Could of been a squirrel or something I guess, but was also during the day and just looked like a shadow - couldn't see any eyes or facial features on either thing at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Unfortunately, it's possible, but I really doubt it. If so it doesn't make any sense because I'm feeling normal other then the effects of the meds I'm on (making me dizzy / tired) and I've only ever had 2 seizures in my entire life - I'm 30 years old now. There also was a period of around 12 or 13 years between the two seizures.

I really do feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes..

As far as ghosts and stuff like that goes, I had a few experiences with "ghosts" as a child, one of them looked like a "demon cat" - another shadow animal... but it had bright red eyes. The other was a "poltergeist" that both me and my sister saw at the same time - doors opening and closing, curtains blowing in the wind with the window completely shut and no one else around.

These things I saw recently appear more "creature" like than "ghost" like, but who knows... afterall I might just be seeing things.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Thank you, I will give your descriptions some thought and get back to you in a few days.

Best regards,
Z

new topics

top topics

join