It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Rising from Macondo Well: BP Hires Fleet of 40 Shrimp Boats to Lay Boom Around Deepwater Horizon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
error
edit on 20-8-2011 by Perplexedandconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is the release BP put out regarding the oil seen in the Gulf. They are denying that any of it is true.

BP denies oil

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Louie,here is a funny video on how BP "helped the economy". It is really a spoof, just so you don't take it seriously.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

Scientific report confirmed today that the oil samples taken from the gulf sheen recently about a mile from the Macondo site does match up to oil that came from the Deepwater Horizon Spill . The big question is, where is it coming from?

Deepwater Horizon Oil

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
The dispersant they used didn't break the crude up into little tiny beads like expected. The dispersant stayed close to the surface while the oil sank a bit lower, traveling in hader-to-reach undersea "rivers". If the oil didn't sink all the way to the ocean floor (which I'm sure some did), then these rivers of oil are going to continue to surface periodically, since the dispersant's neither strong/concentrated/long-lived enough to have been worth dumping. So, this crude keeps coming back, and will contiunue to, for quite a while.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I hope that is all there is to it!

This recent article states that the Coast Guard and BP couldn't find any oil. Who knows what to believe any more!

Coast Guard finds no oil

HOUSTON—U.S. Coast Guard investigators and BP PLC have inspected the site of last year's Deepwater Horizon disaster and said they have found no evidence that the plugged well is leaking and were unable to locate a surface sheen reported there by a regional newspaper. The company and the Coast Guard sent a pair of remote-operated vehicles to the site of the capped well some 5,000 feet below the surface on Thursday. The inspection was prompted by reports of oil bubbling to the surface near BP's Macondo well site by Mobile Press-Register reporters, the company and the Coast Guard said.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
nobody really thought this was over did they? i guess if msm arent talking about it, its not happening. next year we'll see someone post about how the fukushima nuclear plant is still emitting radiation. really? what a surprise that will also be. go back and look at the threads from when this was still news. very bad then and nothing since then has changed. except the media coverage.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Some things have changed. The Corexit pushed the oil under the water, the media went home and "all is well in the Gulf" according to BP.

Eleven men are dead, many out of work, dead anaimals all over, sicj people and no-one has had to pay for the crime of greed-of caring more about profit then our fellow man.

What kind of society have we become?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Those of us who followed this disaster closely, knew it wasn't over. You can't drill that deep and hit that much pressure, and assume a man-made plug is going to contain, what was created over millions of years, and what amounts to something similar to a volcano's fissure in strength.

They sealed it so they could walk/sail away from any future claims for compensation. The thing is... this area has been damaged and that pressurised gas/oil, will find its way to the surface and burst through. It's like light, and water... the minutest of cracks and it shines/leaks through.

Erosion from deep below will (IMO) get worse and worse and more gas and oil will erupt... It's a time bomb..it has to be, and BP or anyone else cannot stop what's been started... Mother Earth is the only decider of that.

The potential for catastrophe is real, and we will be the last to hear about it.

The GOM is damaged beyond repair, certainly in our lifetime.

It makes me steam with rage that these people/corporations can blatantly destroy our beautiful planet and not give a flying fig about the future... be it theirs, their children's, or their grandchildren's... It's insanity and criminal!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What amuses me the most is if they had just blew the well (letting all the lighter stuff out), we'd have less oil out there right now...and BP would never be able to get that crude out. That thing is capped right now, but it is done in such a way that we can go and re-drill a new well off that pocket. Got that comment from a coil tubing/frac engineer/expert buddy some 6 months ago?

A lot of oil builds up under salt domes. Salt domes slowly push to the surface escaping from denser rock formations above them, and once they hit water, they dissolve, leaving the oil underneath exposed. Potentially, oil exposure is a normal facet of undersea life. But I suspect that the pressure of lighter components surfaces relatively quickly, leaving denser material stuck down in the muck.

www.youtube.com... Creatures that eat sulfides and methane IN THE GULF. The big problem with this oil spill is not that the oil was spilled but where it was spilled. It was close to the surface, interrupting life that requires sunlight. I severely suspect that there are creatures that already eat oil down in the deep.

Now that contradicts the whole oil dropping to the bottom and resurfacing comment I made earlier. It's not the deep oil that I worry about, it's the stuff that is on the floor of the continental shelf that is shallow enough to support life that requires sunlight, that is shallow enough for a tropical storm to stir off the floor and put right back on the beaches. I'm also worried about quantity. I don't know if losing a salt dome is as dramatic as losing oil through a hole busting through far more than a salt dome, allowing everything to escape at once (without losing well pressure, by the way--that's a major key), instead of settling over time.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Finally the truth is coming out. There really IS oil leaking in the Gulf!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexedandconfused

Check the date on the vid... it's 2010!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join