It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Your Ordinary Dream About Teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I would like some opinions on a dream I had a few nights ago. I will apologize in advance for not remembering the entire dream but in my estimation I remembered the part I needed to. The deciphering on the other hand is a why I am here.

Essentially during this dream I understood that I had an appointment and that this appointment was necessary. I arrived in a darkly lit room and sat down in a reclined dentist chair. I never saw the surgeon but I knew someone was there. The anesthetic was given and the surgery commenced. My mouth was held open by some device and the person pulled my two front teeth, all the while blood (or what I considered blood) was running down my mouth and chin. Often I hear the dream stops here, but mine did not. Once my two front teeth had been removed, the surgeon proceded to implant two additional front teeth (what I felt were teeth that is) into my gums. Once finished my original front teeth were then placed back into position as if nothing had ever happend.

The dream itself was quite an odd one due to the clearity of the on goings and that there was no pain just pressure, no fear, just understanding of the procedure. Its something I've never experienced in a dream and after further investigating others haven't as well. I am curious as to what some of you have as explanations and insight into a dream of this manner.
edit on 17-8-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Abduction with a side of implants?
Go to the dentist and get them x-rayed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

I'm not going to lie, it ran across my mind as just a "What If" thought

Not to mention my wife and I were talking that evening about her constantly encountering owls, whether landing on our house or flying over her car. I happened to jokingly mention she has probably been abducted by aliens and they gave her a replacement image of owls instead of their own faces.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

Very interesting! I've had dreams where a bunch of my teeth fell out and they are always very disturbing. I generally spend the next day tentatively poking them with my tongue, fearing they might really wiggle like when I was a little kid. I haven't had any that I can remember where they were deliberately removed or replaced. Maybe a repressed memory from some dental work under a "twilight sleep" anaesthetic, coming up in your subconscious? Here's an interesting link about teeth falling out in dreams: For what it's worth...

new topics

top topics

join