It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member who believes in the manadatory use of spellcheck.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Good evening to all, yes I know how to use spell check.
I have been frequenting ATS for several weeks now as I see many like minded people as myself here. I am an Eastern Central Florida resident who is new to the site. Any guidance from veteran members would be most helpful. I am currently following subjects such as Elenin, 2012 etc. I have to say I am a believer that something big is coming and the signs are everywhere. Riots, extreme weather, economic chaos these all point to events that will transpire shortly. I for one can't wait to see the truth revealed as this will be one of the greatest events in history. Thanks for listening to my meaningless drabble, cheers all.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
learn to read typonese; grammar and punctuation are better than spelling; ain't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Spell check dont help me but I use it.if spell check says its wrong how do I spell it correctly ?

Hello and Welcome to the ATS Jungle

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Welcome, me thinks you will have a bone to pick with many members. ATS is a forum of breaking news, strong opinions, and occasional hypocrisy, hope you're wearing some thick skin!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Welcome.

I believe in spell check too, until it tells me there's no option for certain words that I know exist

Plus, being Canadian, I've had to learn to ignore many of the squiggly red lines, some things we just spell different.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Plalesrnoy, I tnihk slepl cechk is oeeravtrd.

Pporer gmamarr & pctatuoiunn is mroe intomprat for cvyeniong an ieda.

OK, so what's the proposed penalty for misspelling a word?

By the way, I use Firefox. It has a spell check built in.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Wleocme! I do hpoe you ejnoy yuor stay wtih the ATS cmomiutny!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

HAHAHAHAH!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi !! Wellcum to Abuv Top Seekrit. I hope yure stay hear is a good won end all yure posts git lots of stars end flags. Spelling is very importint hear, but not as importint as the abillidy to reed beetween the misteaks. If we jugde evrybuddy on there spelling nobuddy wood git enny stars or flags at all. It helps to have a grate sence of humur two.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: This is really hard to do when you CAN spell...LOL

edit on 15-8-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: Because abillidy has too L's....so duz LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

THREE-FER FOR THE WIN!!! Omg that is too priceless.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by exclusionzone

Apart from the obvious flaws in your post and the fact you are obviously a troll. Which English Dictionary are we supposed to base this on... The original Queens English?, American, Canadian, South African, Austrailian, New Zealand,.

Please do tell because they are all quite different.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
Spell check dont help me but I use it.if spell check says its wrong how do I spell it correctly ?

If I cannot spell a word, I sound it out the way I THINK it should be spelled, then Google it. It almost always comes up..."did you mean_______?" And thence, the correct spelling!! Voila!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wow! What a strange coincidence! I was just talking to someone today about how I wish the people on ATS would use a spell checker of some kind and at the very least use proper verb agreement. Of course I got D's in my college level English courses, so what do I know. Also, some people who have English as a second language should be forgiven for such trespasses.

Edit to add: I actually used a large (4 inches thick) American Heritage Dictionary to check one of the words in this post.
edit on 15-8-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added the last line

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

what the hell is wrong with you? Can't tell a Dwarf from a Troll? Only kidding but thanks for the welcome

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I have got the PERFECT avatar for you:

Also, have a flag on me, if you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at the annoying ads on this site anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm from Britain my spell check says I should say "colour"

But Americans say its color... I dont believe in spell check.

We live in different country's get over it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by exclusionzone
reply to post by michael1983l

what the hell is wrong with you? Can't tell a Dwarf from a Troll? Only kidding but thanks for the welcome

No I just find it insulting when people complain about spelling and grammar on here when it is an international site where many people speak English as a second, third or fourth language, What matters is the point that is put across not how well it is spelt, if you cannot comprehend sentances that have incorrect grammar and spelling then there is a problem otherwise whats the issue dude.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby

Grab that funny old thing they used back when that paper stuff was used - your Dictionary.

they even have them online now...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You should always be very very careful, when making a point of commenting on the importance of using spell check, that you make sure you don't spell mandatory incorrectly in your subject title.

Schoolboy error, that one.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Apart from the obvious flaws in your post and the fact you are obviously a troll. Which English Dictionary are we supposed to base this on... The original Queens English?, American, Canadian, South African, Austrailian, New Zealand,.

Please do tell because they are all quite different.

I use the Australian one, personally, as I am from there.

Why would you have an issue using your own English?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join