It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread View or Link in Reply Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Someone mentioned this in this thread here, and it had been bothering me for a while, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Currently, whenever I want to post to a thread, I have to open the POST REPLY page in a new tab. This is because if I open it in the same tab, there is absolutely no link in the reply page to the thread you are posting in, and there is no way to view the last few posts in that thread. The only way to do this would be to press BACK in the browser, then you'd lose your text.

I remember ATS used to have a small amount of the previous posts visible in the reply page. Why was this removed? If that couldn't be brought back, perhaps a link to the thread you are posting a reply to in the POST REPLY page? Or heck, even better would be to have both those things together.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Tbh, I find it easier to just open everything in a new window, it saves losing much important information, especially if you have written a lot. That has been a PITA and happened to me on countless occasions.

But I do get your point, good question

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I always open my "reply" in a new tab, simply because it makes it a whole lot easier to review the original post, add simple quotes from the post, or just to read content again to make a good reply. Firefox makes that easy. I cannot even imagine doing this with IE.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

the link to the topic is encoded in within the text box for the reply it would be possible to C/P that into a new tab rather than hitting back and losing your text

[

edit on 8/15/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join