It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier sues Rumsfeld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I haven't seen this in any American News Media, but Al Jazeera was only too too happy to let the world know about the current Administration's troubles. Apparently a decorated veteran who is being extended beyond his contracted period of service is suing Dam Rumsfeld and several other Defense Dept Officials over the legality of the "stop loss" policy and enactments. Seems if there is not a formal declaration of war they can't (according to his lawyers) use the "stop loss" rule. If he wins, in or out of court, a bunch of GIs might get to quit if they feel like it. Any informed opinions or comments about his chances for success??

[edit on 18-8-2004 by j2ts2]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i've got to say this is very interesting. technically because there isn't a formal declaration of war he may be right. however, to combat his arguement the gov't might try to change what we consider declaring war, and i wouldn't totally dissagree with doing that. currently the held definition is you can only declare war on a country, not a person or organization. considering terrorism is now such a threat the logical thing may be to in fact change what can be declared war upon.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
He will lose, but the fact we are not at war is a good point. We are not at war yet we need more soldiers, hmmmm. Interesting isn't it? We are not at war yet they want to bring the draft back. We are not at war but we are keeping soldiers over there.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
When does a war become a war? Why, son, we's just merely disagreeing with the ol' neighbors., its all.

I reckon it will all be announced iffn we really have a war. Ya think?

top topics

join