It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Raising the Bar for Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
In today’s convoluted worldwide political arena it’s nice to hear an individual that speaks the truth. Politicians for the longest time have had the luxury of lying most of their political careers, but this is ending rapidly now with the advent of a man that speaks the truth.

When Congressmen Ron Paul speaks, it’s fact, he does not sway or seem to be a puppet for any lobby.
Many of us watched the GOP debates only to see the same flurry of political propaganda and lies, but wait, there was a glimmer of hope and that was Dr. Ron Paul, only because he spoke what almost every American or person in the world is thinking, please tell us the truth, and no more lies please.

During the debates when Mr. Paul spoke, these truths reveberated worldwide, and made most of the other political candidates look like lying stooges, with the creepy painted hidden agenda smiles that many of us have come to know. Now there were exceptions, when some of the candidates spoke the truth and held stead-fast they gained attention.

I personally don’t think one man can change anything, but what this man has done is resonate the way the majority of the people on this earth are thinking, vs a select elite. I also noticed that in the GOP debates, some candidates realized they got major attention for telling the truth. Could this be a new standard or infectious type of attitude?

In conclusion, it appears the masses are waking up and it’s Ron Paul that appears to reflect what most are thinking and want. Ron Paul has now raised the bar for truth in the worldwide political arena and those that continue to lie, are easily spotted for what they are.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
S&F!

I agree with your take in it, truth is starting to come out. It is funny how even Sean Hannity now says that He agrees with Ron Paul on everything except his foreign policy.

The big thing is, they are doing their best to co-opt Pauls message. Some of them may even believe what they are saying (though with Bachman and Pawlenty I doubt it).

What I think their supporters need to realize is they will and have voted for bad bills because of one thing in it that they liked, even if the rest was bad.

They need to stand firm like Paul does, if any part of a bill is bad, it is all bad and a NO should be voted. The other repubs that use Pauls message but with their "twist" would be wise to also emulate him in practice when voting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I like RP, but his wish (and many of ours as well) to return Soldiers back to the US strikes me a very delicate diplomatic action. Many in the world would see such a action as a weakness and try to exploit it I believe. It could very well lead to a wider war.

I would like to hear more from him on this subject before I put my full support behind him. I also like Mr. Cain, but do not think that he has a channce unless he gets his name out there moreso than it is currently.

At the moment, I would like to see these two as POTUS/VPOTUS candidates. I think they would compliment each other in office.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I Think it is imperative that anyone who pays attention to politics or the news understands the fight we are going to be in trying to get our country back by getting Ron Paul elected.

I see the big picture and will explain it in this way...During periods of time other than presidential or house/senate runs..the media is never this active...

Before the evidence became clear that Ron Paul was running a high chance of becoming a contender in the Ames Iowa straw poll. Many Fox talking heads and other news talking heads from different networks were spouting at the mouth how important the Ames Iowa straw poll coming up was. Before all of this however, when did you ever hear the media..more importantly NBC, ABC, CBS etc etc..When were these people nice to republicans or truthful for that matter.?

Ask yourself...why the love for Rick Perry and the name recognition? Why the winks and nods from all of the networks? Why are they all about Rick Perry now?

This Straw Poll only became irrelevant after they found out Ron Paul might very well pull off a win. And what happened? He came in second by 150-200 votes, He came in second to a woman who is FROM Iowa....AND he destroyed Tim Pawlenty.

Notice the programs that are on this morning all mentioning Rick Perry as much as they can and where they can. And even after Ron Paul coming in second he is still not regarded as a serious candidate.

My friends we are under control by this media and now everywhere you look from all of the talking heads on the radio and on the networks. They are all under heavy handed control..If they Elite do not believe Obama will push their agenda successfully..trust me when I say...they will throw him under the bus just as quickly when he has served his purpose...

Never EVER support who they are backing or are in love with..Is this not evident to all now?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Realtruth

I like RP, but his wish (and many of ours as well) to return Soldiers back to the US strikes me a very delicate diplomatic action. Many in the world would see such a action as a weakness and try to exploit it I believe. It could very well lead to a wider war.

One word for you. Nukes. Warranty of safety for US under MAD doctrine. Just keep your borders tight.

Still, i think that as a repayment US MOD should spend on help for countries currently under US occupation at least equivalent of annual expenses on military operations going on there. And that should be spent on rebuilding infrastructure (electricy, water supply, all that what you woudn't think of living without) preferably by local companies. And proper education programe.
I'm a dreamer, man!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

What I like about Ron Paul is the fact there appears to be no partisian line for him. Senator Paul is an equal opportunity offender, in that, he offends everyone with the same truths.

And that is what is happening these days, MSM, lobbyists and politicians are offended by the truth because it doesn't not follow their agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like Ron Paul is really making the other candidates look like the liars they are.

Finally someone with enough stones to tell the truth and people are actually listening.

top topics

join