It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, STorms hit scotland, Lanslides trap many.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Landslide in Scotland,

Storms have hit Scotland and have caused 2 landslides, trapping nearly 14 cars and 50 people.
RAF helicopters have been brought in to help aid the rescue.

This comes only days after a storm hit Cornwall where helicopters had to rescue villagers,

There are no reported deaths so far,

Skynews

TextUp to 50 people are trapped in cars after two landslides and floods in Stirlingshire swept vehicles off a main road.

Helicopters are helping with the emergency rescue effort near Loch Earn on the A85 after heavy rains.

Police spokesman Gavin Thornton said they were concerned for the safety of those caught.

[edit on 18-8-2004 by asala]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Further,

Cars trapped in landslide

UP TO 20 vehicles were trapped today in a landslide on a motorway in central Scotland caused by bad weather, a police officer told Sky News television.

Emergency services were unable to reach the people because of mudslides. A navy helicopter was on its way to the scene near Lochearn Head, to the north of the city of Stirling, he said.

Michael Mulford, spokesman for RAF Kinloss, said: "At about 6pm (3am Wednesday AEST) we had reports of a landslide and flooding near Loch Earn".

news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
UPDATE>

18 people have been airlifted and the rescue operation is in full swing,

Eighteen people have been airlifted to safety but 30 remain trapped in their cars by two landslides in Scotland.

The vehicles were caught out by hours of heavy rain around Loch Earn on the A85 in Stirlingshire.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I live in the UK too and today I heard the loudest thunder I have ever heard in my life.

I was sat down when it happened and when it did It actually made me jump. I honestly thought it was an explosion.

Wildlife acting up big time. Weather playing havoc and the EU warning of extreme weather. HMMmmmm seems we are in for an interesting end of summer.

top topics

join