It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots, wild markets: Did space storms drive us mad?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Riots, wild markets: Did space storms drive us mad?

www.reuters.com

Everyone is pointing fingers -- at blundering politicians, hooded thugs, disaffected youths, bumbling police and greedy bankers -- but could the cause for all the madness really be the star at the center of our solar system?

There isn't a lot of evidence pointing to little green men involving themselves in Earthly affairs, but the sun has been throwing bursts of highly charged particles into space in a phenomenon known as coronal mass ejections or CMEs
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.reuters.com...
edit on 12-8-2011 by N34Li3Z because: put in a clickable link

ats thread concerning this posted previous to today: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-8-2011 by N34Li3Z because: posted a link

edit on 8/12/2011 by semperfortis because: Correct link

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well I can't trust Reuters as a trusted news source since it buried the article and deleted it concerning Obama selling B2 stealth technology to China (there was a headline, but no story, just a greek alpha symbol for some company as the article about a year ago); nonetheless, I found it interesting this big news agency would put this article out there, essentially linking geomagnetism, and mental illness. It's not human nature (riots), it's not greed (stocks) it's coronal mass ejections and disturbing the magnetosphere that causes craziness. Is Reuters a good source for information? Really, this article written reads like an ATS thread, but with less scientific rigor; actually it has ZERO links to it's so called reporting "academics" who are suggesting this "madness" is cause by geomagnetic storms. Really?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8/12/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
riots in the uk were caused because the police assasinated a family member of the noonan gang.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

Thank you, Thank you !!!

Another great excuse I can put in my arsenal of excuses.

to my GF....."No sweetie...the solar flares drove me crazy and I forgot all the things you told me to do; it was horrible"

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A 2003 study by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta found that such storms could affect the stock market, as traders were more likely to make pessimistic choices.

www.frbatlanta.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Even if it has something to do with our temperment, Aner and Negative Emotions are controllable, when someone is in the habit of controling themselves, so it wouldn't be a cause, but it could stir up what is already there.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

You might be onto something with this.
We were waiting for some sort of an effect from the solar activity and I would say the events of late are peculiar and a-typical to be sure. There are those who will laugh but let them. This immediately struck me as a little bit of the truth, and my gut never lies. It may complain, get a little vocal and attack me as if I were not its owner... but it never lies.

edit on 12-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i did find this .pdf on space weather effects on health

www.iac.es...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

cmon weve all got to be smarter than that, your brain sends how many signals soaring through its web of neurons daily? how about the signals originating from your nervous system? your muscles? your sight, smell hearing etc, now we all assume theres a magical shield around our entire body and no other flowing and ebbing currents would be be able to disturb the natural flow of electricity in our bodies, but i ask even if there is current flowing through oxygen particles in our air why is it so far fetched that the sun, (generator of unimaginable amounts of power) is hurling types of radiation at our deteriorated planetary magnetic shield that are being amplified throughout the planet DUE to the conductivity of humans and air? this is just an obvious putting of 2+2 in my opinion but im sure 105 people can post a link as to why a science journalist has already decided this whole theory is stupid

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I understand the theory, but it is difficult to believe that we would evolve to be so vulnerable to a naturally recurring phenomenon such as variable magnetic forces and solar activity.

I am not so obtuse as to refute that it must have an effect... but there is a vast difference between being affected and being virtually 'controlled.' Tendencies to behave in a certain manner are not the same thing as a stimulus to force us to act in a certain manner.

Such effects are something which we must have evolved to tolerate at least, if not overcome. Otherwise we would all be lunatics half the time, and human history would be rife with mass hysteria induced by our own environment.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Lunatics, of course comes from luna, and we all know (mostly) that most of the craziest calls for emergency services come near or during full moons, reason=unknown. Lunatic is still a word having to do with a natural environmental occurrence, but no scientific link to lunacy and the Moon.

"blooming idiot" a term that was once used to describe a certain group of people who basically went manic during the spring, another environmental occurrence, (flowers in bloom=blooming) and I can't site anything to prove my statement about the origin of "blooming idiot" other than anecdotal in a conversation with a doctor.

from what I've seen, read, and experienced, this theory isn't what sparked my interest, it's already been though over ages ago, what IS INTERESTING is that it's being reported by a big news farm, spreading like a virus (the article) on the net popping up on smaller news sites, blogs, etc YET IT SITES NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE or mentions the scholars.

dissemination of snippet of truth, or propagator of dis/misinformation?

so, the theory to me is old, so uninteresting at this point, again the point of interest is why it's just now being reported as a possible, and a real reason for chaos by Reuters?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by moixa
riots in the uk were caused because the police assasinated a family member of the noonan gang.

this was most definatly not the cause

it started when police shot and killed a man in london then lied that he shot 1st

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

Mark Duggan = Dessie Noonan's nephew.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by N34Li3Z

yes vortexes of death thread on here I have mentioned it to another fellow once you are aware of outside influences that affect the human body/mind then you are better able to control your emotions and reactions but in this case it is more down to police brutality and the fact that so called reporters where going round paying kids to start riots

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by moixa

Wow, this Noonan character must be very powerful (like a mob boss) to be able to instigate day after day of wide spread rioting. Sounds like much more than a simple 'teen angst' issue.

Why haven't the authorities made more of this connection, and instead pursue the demonization of the general populace? It seems like it would have been a perfect opportunity to get support for going after these organized crime types.

Forgive me if that sounds ignorant, not being English I don't know the specifics.

ETA: Sorry about the OT question/comment. Consider it withdrawn.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Hmmm. Maybe Reuters didn't pursue the connection because it's really about having a) no jobs, b) no future, c) no food, and/or d) losing their benefits for unemployment/the dole.

btw - geomagnetic flux/space storms do play havoc with human health and mental states. It gets worse when there's a legitimate social complaint.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This girl I know went bonkers last weekend. Does this count?

Maybe, if you have a lot of Iron in your system you are more greatly affected?

Living Stars that are in their natural cycle, such as the Sun, make all the elements up to
Iron (Fe). #'s 1-26

edit on 12-8-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Interesting theory, though i dont believe in it. thier is electricity going through our brains. I suppose it could be possible, if a powerful CME hit earth, as other day, theoreticlaly speaking, it could tamper with our electrical wiring* personally, i think its just coincidental stuff. people will get pissed and riot with or without a CME discharge from the sun.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
is it weird that I had the same exact thought a couple days ago?
I immediately dismissed it because I figured it was like comparing the same thing to causing Earthquakes.

The only connection I can guess right now would be some kind of micro particles that affect our thinking, but then why wouldn't everyone go mad simaltaneously, unless we do it in different ways? I don't know lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by moixa

Along with the fact of the 'space storms' affecting certain people in seething, fever pitch city's in England...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join