It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghani dead protocol?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've tried to keep up to date on the numerous twists and turns in the Seal Team 6 / OBL saga since its WH endorsed debut that night in May. With this latest plot shake-up, one thing I've wondered about, but (to my knowledge) as yet, no one in the MSM or here on ATS has addressed, so I'm hoping someone better informed or with just a different take on the situation will help clear up.

In a nutshell, the "official" reason for OBL's burial at sea so quickly was to adhere to Islaamic tradition of burial within three days, correct?

Then what steps are being taken with the remains of the Afghani soldiers who were aboard the downed chopper? "Officially" it was taken out Saturday the 6th. All dead aboard arrived at Dover AFB Tuesday the 9th. Today is Thursday the 11th. I've not watched the MSM today, so I'm not aware of any plans as yet to either return or otherwise take care of the Afghani remains.

I mention this, as to me, it is another oddity in the long line of oddities in this plotline. The most wanted terrorist in the world is killed, ID'd by DNA, and buried at sea within LESS than 3 days to avoid hurt feelings-bad PR-more-foreign diplomacy SNAFUs or whatever, yet 7 dead Afghani soldiers don't get the same consideration? I don't mean the burial at sea per se, but you get my drift. Shouldn't we be as concerned with maintaining the status quo in this instance as with the other? Do the families and government of these Afghanis consider them in the same light we consider our downed troops? What of the religious implications we were so careful of in OBL's case? Do they not apply here? If not, why? I understand that even if the bodies were so badly mangled that ID'ing is an extremely difficult task, yet its this very sort of inconsistancy which makes anyone not in a coma, ask "What's going on here?"

BTW...the same holds true for the extra quick retaliation strike where the ballyhoo was "We got the triggerman." I mean, it took a decade & billions to get OBL, yet we were able to identify & knock off THE one Taliban insurgent who shot down a chopper less than 36 hours earlier. Either the intel is much better or the whole thing smells like a kettle of bad fish.

Methinks the latter !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I believe the Islamic custom is burial within 24 hours of death. But, that only strengthens your already good point.

Makes you wonder why they bother to tell us anything at all about anything. The hypocrisy and obviously misleading stories are really insulting.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

I would imagine that the bodies of the 7 Afghani’s would have been returned to their families for the appropriate burial. Also just to note, the tradition for the Afghani’s and Bin Laden would have been different

Also when it comes to how they got him, it’s not exactly hard a Afghani would sell out his grandmother for a couple of goats. Bin Laden is a different case, he had a dedicated loyal following this militant probably run into his village declaring he had shot down that helicopter, finding him would have been much easier than finding Bin Laden.

PS how many threads are we going to have on this shoot down.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

I would imagine that the bodies of the 7 Afghani’s would have been returned to their families for the appropriate burial. Also just to note, the tradition for the Afghani’s and Bin Laden would have been different

Also when it comes to how they got him, it’s not exactly hard a Afghani would sell out his grandmother for a couple of goats. Bin Laden is a different case, he had a dedicated loyal following this militant probably run into his village declaring he had shot down that helicopter, finding him would have been much easier than finding Bin Laden.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by ladyjem

I would imagine that the bodies of the 7 Afghani’s would have been returned to their families for the appropriate burial. ......

USA Today

According to this article the 7 were among the ones arriving at Dover AFB in 2 cargo planes.

With regard to the PS....this isn't about the shoot down, but more about the aftermath of the shootdown, specifically the disposition of the remains of the deceased. Totally different subject, but thanks anyway for the opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

from what I have understood the remains are "intermingled" and they are sorting out the remains at Dover through DNA and returning the Afghan remains to Afghanistan when the Identification has been made.'

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

Ermmm where does it explicitly state that those 7 afghans have been flown to America.

And this does have something to do with this helicopter being shot down.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

And therein lies the rub. By taking the time to properly identify the remains (which I think should be done) of both our troops and the Afghanis, a disregard of a compatriot's beliefs is unleashed. I'm not up on Islaamic burial tradition by any means, which is why I raised the question initially.

By not following traditional practice/law, is this not viewed by the Afghani culture as imperiling those souls?

I'm sure that in other catastrophic instances when non-US troop deaths occurred, efforts were made to adhere to whatever is mete, yet is this the first time foreign troops have been brought to US soil?

Again I question the especial care taken with regard to the "terrorist of the decade" vs. the "we must ID beyond a shadow of a doubt" pose I see being adopted currently.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i]reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Link

There were also 8 caskets with Afghan flags and the Afghan ambassador to the US was also on hand for the transfer ceremony
[

Forgive my use of a link that did not spell out specifically what the MSM has previously stated. I'm not going to engage in a debate on splitting hairs on whether this is another thread about the shootdown. You are welcome to call it as you see, yet I find it ironic the bemoaning of "another thread" from one who double-posted their reply.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

Hmmm.....

I am going to call BS, I can’t find any source to cooperate any of this and it doesn’t make sense either in the official story or as part of a cover up.

new topics

top topics

join