It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home footage of my street getting looted in Manchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey everyone. I live in Manchester, right by the Northern Quarter. Today the riots started here. It is disgusting. I live right next to thie Cash Converters shop and someone has taken a video from the flats above of the moment it was looted. This is getting really, really bad now:

Manchester Northern Quarter Riots Home Video

Is there anyone else on here from Manchester experiencing this?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by phixion

I am not from Manchester, nor the UK, but I do think that these hooligans must be stopped. They've pushed it too far in abusing the situation. They're just greedy and should be jailed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What is Domonic Noonan and crew doing about it? Anything?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
hi op
thats bloody scary
about 2 n half mins into it
it looked somebody pointed at you
i dont know what to say except
im ashamed of my country

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
dunno about noonan, but i heard bnp are patroling streets

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hey man... Stay safe... good vid

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
horrendous mate, i've just heard of Dawsons music shop being robbed. for people who don't know it's all glass and there's hundreds of pianos, guitars and drums in the windows. it wont be pretty.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CydonianKnight

Dawsons? What a joke. I love that place. I've got work in Picc Gardens in the morning, not looking forward to seeing the level of destruction.

Bring out the army.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yup, as much I feel reluctant to this idea, i really think bringing the army is only option left... Geeez... I read on the news that looting spreaded also to Birmingham, anyone can confirm? Sick...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phixion

Wow, that was a good video of bad stuff. Hope you are safe.

Best thing to do is shut everything down, all businesses, for 48 hours and just send in the military.

I hope all these businesses have insurance and quite possibly they don't for theft; even then, when insurance pays out it will be weeks if not months away and no doubts some employees will be laid off for a while.

I hate Police brutality no more than the next person but when it comes to rioters destroying property and looting....I'll be the first to close my eyes when I see a Police officer swing his batten to any of these thugs. A bloody good hiding is what these rioters deserve with at least some jail time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reminds me of Belfast during July =(

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The only thing that runs through my head when I see that video is ….

308 with my favorite scope…..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is the first video I'm seeing of what's going on. It is a strange scene. I was expecting something like LA in the 90's. There were actually onlookers for this riot

top topics

join