It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the ignorant Tea Party haters: How do you explain this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
www.glennbeck.com...

I want any of you blind tea party bashers to explain this to me!

If it doesn't play for you here's the rundown:
Aside from the outrageously ignorant statements Geithner and some reporter from CNBC said... The part I want you to hear is Beck from 2008. TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT. Before there was a solid Democrat running for President(Clinton and Obama were still head to head), Beck says universal healthcare wouldn't work. It would fail within four years and cause our credit rating to go down. Like everyone with common sense has been saying since Obama took office... it's simple math. Numbers don't lie. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Posting something from Glenn Beck won't help your reasoning at all,here. And its not healthcare that cause our rating to downgrade.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
But the headline states "America’s Credit rating survived Great Depression, but not two years of Obama" He is clearly saying its Obama's fault you're saying everyone said its gonna happen(before he took office), what exactly is your point?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amassuo
But the headline states "America’s Credit rating survived Great Depression, but not two years of Obama" He is clearly saying its Obama's fault you're saying everyone said its gonna happen(before he took office), what exactly is your point?
edit on 8-8-2011 by Amassuo because: (no reason given)

I'm trying to make it clear that people in the know KNEW it was going to happen. This was before the tea party was the new punching bag for the Dems. I'm sick of all the ATSers on here putting blame on the tea party with no facts whatsoever. People saw this downgrade coming for a long time.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Amassuo

Plus, the further along smething goes, the chance for collapse increases. Everything dies eventually, and this is a mere bruise

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
www.glennbeck.com...

Aside from the outrageously ignorant statements Geithner and some reporter from CNBC said... The part I want you to hear is Beck from 2008. TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT. Before there was a solid Democrat running for President(Clinton and Obama were still head to head), Beck says universal healthcare wouldn't work. It would fail within four years and cause our credit rating to go down. Like everyone with common sense has been saying since Obama took office... it's simple math. Numbers don't lie. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

And for all you misguided Tea Party followers, please explain how you can fall for this:

Koch Brothers and Tea Party

Koch Party

When I started finding out about Obama's background and his connection and donations from Soros, I decided not to vote for him again nor support him in any other way. Isn't it about time you Tea Party people realized the party you so blindly support is nothing more than a tool of the elite? How long before you open your eyes?

While the Koch brothers lead the Tea Party for their own gain and interest, while making countless billions in the process, you guys are following a few retarded spokespersons who should probably get checked for rabies.

Time and time again I see the worst partisanship on these forums come from Tea Party members, like beezzer, neo, anon and so on... for what purpose? We know the Tea Party is fake, we know who they support, when will you open your eyes and give up?

Khar

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We know this now lol it doesn't take common sense to see this was a failure, tea party exists to make people like you think the system is going to pull through, we needa share the blame though and thank you for doing so.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, we don't have universal health care do we??
Did I miss something???

And you are quoting Beck?? I'm sorry but that man is crazy; and isn't he a bagger all the way?

edit: Is open to being educated

edit on 8-8-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

www.glennbeck.com...

And for all you misguided Tea Party followers, please explain how you can fall for this:

Koch Party

When I started finding out about Obama's background and his connection and donations from Soros, I decided not to vote for him again nor support him in any other way. Isn't it about time you Tea Party people realized the party you so blindly support is nothing more than a tool of the elite? How long before you open your eyes?

While the Koch brothers lead the Tea Party for their own gain and interest, while making countless billions in the process, you guys are following a few retarded spokespersons who should probably get checked for rabies.

Time and time again I see the worst partisanship on these forums come from Tea Party members, like beezzer, neo, anon and so on... for what purpose? We know the Tea Party is fake, we know who they support, when will you open your eyes and give up?

Khar

I'm not a tea party follower. The blame is with every president. Present and past. What I'm trying to get people to understand is that it's not the tea partys fault that we got downgraded. They need to open their eyes and see that they're just the hottest scapegoat at the moment.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Well, we don't have universal health care do we??
Did I miss something???

And you are quoting Beck?? I'm sorry but that man is crazy; and isn't he a bagger all the way?

edit: Is open to being educated

edit on 8-8-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

Healthcare reform is Obamas pride and joy... He forced it down everyones throat.
Beck supports the tea party. He can say some insane things at times but he also makes a lot of sense most of the time.
Side note: I watch Bill Maher also. I like to hear point of views from both sides of the aisle. Not a hardcore Beck fanatic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

For one thing, the majority of Obama's health care plan doesn't take affect until 2014. So your argument holds no water. To use Beck as a source is really laughable.

Stop blaming this economic fiasco on just a democratic president. Government overspending by both political parties republican and democrats, the predatory practices of the banking and financial markets, and the American addiction to live beyond their means is the the real cause of this economic calamity.

It's one thing when you don't like the economic policies of the current president, it's another thing when you blame one administration for years of deficit spending.

If you claim to be part of the tea party, and they say they're neither republican nor democrat, why do they always defend and side with Republicans?

If it walks like a duck it's a duck.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

www.glennbeck.com...

Koch Party

Khar

Hey, rather than attack beezer, neo, and the gang, how about we realize that they have an opinion as valid as your own on all these subjects. We need to find the common ground without this whole pettiness and name calling. Everyone in power in Washington (Lord High Ron Paul included) are part of an old boy network so interconnected between the whole d or r thing it IS retarded why the rest of the country doesn't question these laws passed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It wasn't healthcare that caused America's credit rating to slip, it was Congress not working out an equitable solution to the debt/income disparity. Glenn Beck is trying to create a link between his prediction and reality, but it isn't there.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Athin

For one thing, the majority of Obama's health care plan doesn't take affect until 2014. So your argument holds no water. To use Beck as a source is really laughable.

Stop blaming this economic fiasco on just a democratic president. Government overspending by both political parties republican and democrats, the predatory practices of the banking and financial markets, and the American addiction to live beyond their means is the the real cause of this economic calamity.

It's one thing when you don't like the economic policies of the current president, it's another thing when you blame one administration for years of deficit spending.

If you claim to be part of the tea party, and they say they're neither republican nor democrat, why do they always defend and side with Republicans?

If it walks like a duck it's a duck.

In case you didn't see my other comment I'll copy paste it for you...

::
I'm not a tea party follower. The blame is with every president. Present and past. What I'm trying to get people to understand is that it's not the tea partys fault that we got downgraded. They need to open their eyes and see that they're just the hottest scapegoat at the moment.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Universal healthcare wont work? Ok, Well that is your opinion. Since we have never had a true universal healthcare plan in America, there are no facts to back it up.

"Universal healthcare" plan statistics from other nation are in no way comparable to the US environment, so they would not be a good gauge to judge UH's effectiveness in the US.

One fact we can all agree on is that this "privatized" healthcare system currently in play in the US is an utter failure! People are denied care, people are denied coverage and people only get the quality of care that their money can buy!

Medicine for profit is a ridiculous notion. You cannot put value on life, yet your life is dictated by your value.

So what would your alternative be?

ETA: You need to be careful listening to Beck. He may say some things that you can agree with, but misleads people when he speaks of the solution or root causes.
edit on 8-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I can let you guys in on a secret. Do you know where the S & P down grade came from. Do you think S & P is some foreign company that gave us this down grade? Maybe you should look at where the down grade came from again.

S & P's office.

www.standardandpoors.com...

Massachusetts
225 Franklin Street
15th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
617-530-8300
617-530-8334

S & P's new partner with new computer software to down grade economies.

www.standardandpoors.com... ame%3DSapient_061411.pdf&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobheadername1=content-type&blobwhere=1243 916752220&blobheadervalue3=UTF-8

Sapient Global HQ:
131 Dartmouth Street
3rd Floor
Boston, MA 02166
United States
Tel: +1 617 621 0200
Fax: +1 617 621 1300

Sapient Global Markets and Standard and Poor’s form Alliance to Offer Valuation and
Risk Management for Large Portfolios of Structured Finance Securities
Agreement addresses need for increased visibility into large portfolios of complex structured
finance instruments for more accurate risk management and compliance

So has the S & P been hijacked by Scott Brown and Mitt Romney? Don't forget when Bush needed lots of money for wars S & P also played along as property values went through the roof along with the property taxes for those properties. And you had people buying million dollar homes who could never afford to pay for them.

Just something for you guys to look at when you see this game being played right now on the news.

Don't get punked by the government like they did us with Diebold.
edit on 8-8-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

February 6th, 2008:

And you get Hillary Clinton in office and she gives you universal healthcare, my theory is it will only last about four years because there’s just no way that it could we could afford it. We will be downgraded as for our credit rating, interest rates will go up for all of the all of the debt that we have. Let’s get an economist on and see if they will play just wargame that scenario out for me.

Here’s why it won’t last. Because you cannot put something that large on the table without addressing Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security already. The credit of the United States will be downgraded. The rest of the world will now we’re not serious by any stretch of the imagination. In a very short period of time, foreign governments will say I’m not loaning these people any money because they can’t pay it back.

1) We don't have universal health care in America.
2) Mandatory health insurance doesn't take effect until 2014.
3) As of Friday, only countries that S&P has labeled as AAA have universal health care.

That is how explain that 'prediction.'

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Athin

Universal healthcare wont work? Ok, Well that is your opinion. Since we have never had a true universal healthcare plan in America, there are no facts to back it up.

"Universal healthcare" plan statistics from other nation are in no way comparable to the US environment, so they would not be a good gauge to judge UH's effectiveness in the US.

One fact we can all agree on is that this "privatized" healthcare system currently in play in the US is an utter failure! People are denied care, people are denied coverage and people only get the quality of care that their money can buy!

Medicine for profit is a ridiculous notion. You cannot put value on life, yet your life is dictated by your value.

So what would your alternative be?

ETA: You need to be careful listening to Beck. He may say some things that you can agree with, but misleads people when he speaks of the solution or root causes.
edit on 8-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

It won't work because we can't afford it. We would have to restructure everything already in place. Privatized healthcare seems to be working currently... How long have we had this system going on? Medicine for profit isn't a rediculous notion. Do you really think a major drug corporation would put so much research and money into a drug if they don't get paid for it? Beck isn't right 100% of the time. Sometimes he misleads people. A lot of the time he is right. There can't be an alternative with the laws currently in place. I.E. the FDA closes down "natural cure" doctors.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It won't work because we can't afford it. We would have to restructure everything already in place.

So you're opposed to universal health care because we would have to restructure the government? Isn't that something the Tea Party has been yelling for this whole time?

We spend more on defense spending the every other country in the world, combined. We spend five times more than the number two country, China. There's something that can use some restructering.

How about eliminating medicare and medicaid, because they won't be needed anymore, instating a 6% flat tax for a single universal health care program?

Privatized healthcare seems to be working currently...

The number one cause of bankruptcy in America is...medical expenses!

A study done at Harvard University indicates that this is the biggest cause of bankruptcy, representing 62% of all personal bankruptcies. One of the interesting caveats of this study shows that 78% of filers had some form of health insurance, thus bucking the myth that medical bills affect only the uninsured.

How long have we had this system going on?
Since the 1920's and we've been trying to reform it ever since.

Medicine for profit isn't a rediculous notion. Do you really think a major drug corporation would put so much research and money into a drug if they don't get paid for it?

I offer the example of Jonas Salk, the developer of the polio vaccine. His sole focus had been to develop a safe and effective vaccine as rapidly as possible, with no interest in personal profit. Not everything has to be for profit. Expecially when it comes to things like medicine.

The value of your life should not be measured by the value of your bank account.

Beck isn't right 100% of the time. Sometimes he misleads people. A lot of the time he is right. There can't be an alternative with the laws currently in place. I.E. the FDA closes down "natural cure" doctors.

If 'natural cures' worked as more than a placebo then I could agree with you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

We would have to restructure everything already in place.

Great! Isn't that the whole idea?

Everyone has the right to medical care in a civilized society! It is a basic human need and medicine for profit will inevitably alienate those who cannot pay. So right off the bat you deny a portion of the population. That just doesn't seem right to me.

There can't be an alternative with the laws currently in place. I.E. the FDA closes down "natural cure" doctors.

It's easy to change the laws when the representatives know who they work for and that seems to be the hurdle we now face.

And I'm all for the natural doctors. I think they bring as much knowledge to the table as medical science does. If we could only get them to work together!

join