It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

Well...actually...you just have your butt...all that other stuff...we made it up, can't own a country, a neighborhood, a cloud and never will

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before of spreads here

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am hoping the media doesn't focus on this too much because it will stimulate the arab kids here to do more. They so love raiding the streets and burning cars, ya know. They do it often. It's for fun, and to feel powerful..... they don't usually know why they are doing it, what they are protesting. Any excuse will do. "It's being done in England" is probably good enough reason. They don't usually loot though, because the french government is already supplying them with an apartment, an income without working, and enough money to buy themselves all the newest technology they could dream of, but burning the cars of the citizens paying for all this is just fun.
All the more fun when those citizens are already anxious and biting their nails watching the turmoil in the world, so they get really upset when they see all the street ablaze...creates bigger impact!

I remember when I was a kid, and some cultish beliefs that the end of the world was going to happen on a certain date were a great excuse to skip school that day. Or chaining ourselves to an old tree planned to be bulldozed that day was a great excuse to get on the evening news. I don't believe the kids looting and rioting really have any sincere convictions at all. It's just an excuse to act like animals and get free stuff and lots of attention.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

Originally posted by foreshadower99
No, not a riot. Its just groups of thugs using the fact that some drug dealer got killed to loot things from nearby shops, hope they all get arrested. Nothing big like you say but just some pieces of crap trying to act hard and/or loot and pillage from the nearby markets.

As someone in London, I certainly weight your perspective more heavily than those of us colonists

Do you feel that these are not riots because of their motivations? Why did this "drug dealer" getting killed set off such a reaction? I assume drug dealers have been killed there before?

I am very interested in your perspective since you are there - and we rely on second, third, or fourth hand reporting often to try to figure things out.

In any case, I hope things improve there- and thank you for the deserved poke!

Remember Rodney King? Same type of situation, but there could well be more behind it though/

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

First I shall answer yours along with other possible questions.
This is mainly young people around 13-25 or possibly a bit older using the
death of the guy killed who is well known throughout his area, like in world
war 2. The main reason is because the governments cuts have reached
a certain point and now poor community's are suffering. Due to cuts
like the EMA and increase in pensioners money which is ridiculous.
So that is what actually ignite the whole thing, enough is enough for them.

Its not just black people or any other ethnic minority but every young
person who has any confidence will grab anything they can even though they
will be deported sooner or later. They haven't come to my street which is lucky
since we have lots of parked cars here
. Turkish people have armed themselves
in Haringey area so if that place is to get attacked there is going to be a massacre.

All I can say is those who are not in the now called "Riot" are those who can afford
a home for themselves and live in luxury compared to immigrants who cannot find
a job unlike what they say that they do not want jobs, bull unemployment has
increased by far, this is putting pressure on young people and cuts is causing
frustration and anger in the younger population. The police can just arrest a few
and young won't listen to them, things are not gonna be under control untill I guess
martial law is declared.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Actually, I lived through the Rodney King Riots - I actually found myself driving from my (then) employer at LAX through South Central (avoiding the dreaded 405 and 10 freeways) when they broke out. If I would have left perhaps 15 minutes later I might not have made it based on the characteristics of the first attacks. It seems like history repeats, in increasing difficulty, until perhaps we as a species, learn our lesson

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join