It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Anonymous actually stupid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Are anonymous actually that stupid? Companies have been selling our information for years and years to Governments and other third parties - So Facebook/Google Plus doing that aswell is nothing new.
If their "hacktivism" was of any benefit, they might as well attack every single corporation on the planet because they ALL SELL INFORMATION TO VARIOUS THIRD PARTIES - whether it be WALMART or your bank where you keep your life savings in. Even ATS probably does that, well someone probably snoops around collecting information from this site!

I reckon these people have been watching too much V for Vendatta and should just stop this foolishness now because in the end, WE THE ORDINARY PEOPLE, will face more strict and severe internet restrictions in the future thanks to their incompetences.

Instead of hacking, or starting cyber warfare, why don't they arrange large scale protests? Its not like Anonymous is short on supporters. They have like 179,000 fans on their Facebook group.
edit on 7-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Broken record much?

So you're saying what? Because its been going on for years and years and years - that we should lie down and take it?

Are you aware of how many people are UNAWARE that this is going on?

You have a better way of reaching the masses?

If the goverment finds any way to enforce stricter internet rules, then we failed as a people.

P.S. do I get to make full threads when my posts get ignored too?
edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: I could make serious use of that

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I feel I should step in here and explain the situation a little better to you.

The reason why Anon are doing what they are doing, is not because this company sell's information to that company etc etc. There has been plans afoot to censor the internet for a while now, reason being is that because of the internet, its a hell of a lot easier now to get the truth from things, and search for yourself, this is not a good thing when people out there, are doing bad things and currently .. getting away with it. Internet censorship is something which will come anyway, it pretty obvious to be fair.. hell, The Japanese government stated last week, that if any website or blog publish bad press on Fukushima then they will be removed and punished. That is called media censorship.
TEPCO ordered a world wide media black out on the situation which is being enforced by the government.. now this, is class A evidence, this also has nothing to do with Anon. Its happening. Imagine not being aloud to talk about # like that especially if you live there.

Anyway. What you need to remember is, Anon isnt a big massive group, its not some secret organisation controlled by the government (as some overly paranoid ATS members believe, however they would also believe the moon was made of cheese with very little proof required.. go figure) Anon is just people, like you.. me, your neighbour, cousin, guy that works in the store round the corner.. people with Ideas, people who dont like the fact that other people are being killed and used as pawns in a bigger game to benefit the few.
The only difference is now, were in the more advanced (sort of) stage of life where we can carry out threats without leaving out bedroom! Hence, the 'Cyberwar' .. Now the best thing about this is, the the people doing these Anon and Lulz hacks are smarter than those Uni kids employed by the FBI/CIA/NSA etc, which is WHY Obama declared war on cyber terrorists.. ITS A LOAD OF CRAP! They are afraid, and Anon knows this. Which is exactly why, # loads of randoms are being arrested.. in hope to fear and end this before the mass public gets know how on what the actual # is going on.

Seriously.. this is a bloody good thing, If it brings internet censorship then its just further proof these guys in charge, are scared of us finding out truths.. and the only option they have, is to shut it down before we all stand up and say.. no.

I personally think they are doing great and need to continue to up their games and bring down these people. Its about time people took action and stopped just moaning about it.

Long live Anon.
edit on 7-8-2011 by minto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Look pal, those people unaware aren't miraculously going to change their view when they listen and believe the mainstream media telling them that Anonymous is an internet terrorist group. Anonymous is taking the wrong approach by initiating cyber warfare to try and reach people!

Its as if Gandhi taught us nothing.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
you sir are either completely blind to the reality around you or you are an agent of TPTB. do you work for an abbreviated agency ? ie, cia, nsa fbi hs etc,,, anonymous is not a coherent group more of an idea that the little people can and will make a difference there seems to be no structure to there organization. I agree with what they are doing, revolution comes in many forms. perhaps the idea was sparked by the movie V for vendetta but they would not have organized around the idea if the corporate govt issues did not exist. and how do you stop an idea whose time has come? simple answer you cant. as others wake up to the reality around them of the prison planet we live on anon's numbers grow. and as the current fbi witch hunts continue and people realize it is teens that are being arrested and carted off more join the ranks. at this point I must add a disclaimer my conspiracy paranoia demands it even though I agree with what they are doing, I AM IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO THEM so keep your fbi gestapo away from me. I can understand why and how anonymous was started my concern is when they do get real power what will they do with it, will they be instruments of change or will they be as corrupt as the ones they go after

there was a saying I heard recently that I really like

"when your govt shuts down your internet, shut down your govt"
edit on 7-8-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Are anonymous actually that stupid? Companies have been selling our information for years and years to Governments and other third parties - So Facebook/Google Plus doing that aswell is nothing new.
If their "hacktivism" was of any benefit, they might as well attack every single corporation on the planet because they ALL SELL INFORMATION TO VARIOUS THIRD PARTIES - whether it be WALMART or your bank where you keep your life savings in. Even ATS probably does that, well someone probably snoops around collecting information from this site!

I reckon these people have been watching too much V for Vendatta and should just stop this foolishness now because in the end, WE THE ORDINARY PEOPLE, will face more strict and severe internet restrictions in the future thanks to their incompetences.

So it will be Anonymous or Lulzsec's fault for this severe restriction of our rights? How about the people in charge that built the playing field we are all on now?

A similar situation, and I will apply your logic:

People are upset with the TSA for their intrusive policies. A group of protesters does a sit in at two Airports in the US. In response, the US Gov't sets up checkpoints at roads to all Airports requiring all to show their ID and a boarding pass.

By your logic, it is the protestors' fault that our freedoms have been restricted, and that they should have been quiet because it happens at all the airports, not just 2 of them.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What can they do? Create a poll? Boycott Paypal? I mean good intentions.. but the difference is, they are making things change, as apposed to talking about it for a few years, get a few more people on side, then maybe hold a meeting?

I dont see any problem with Internet hacking, The only reason people like you are up in arms about it, is because your being spoon fed about how bad this is, how much its like just killing another man, you should HATE these people.. Bull#.

If people are going to be stupid enough to post their personal information on a computer which can be accessed and monitored from anywhere else in world by anyone at any time.. then thats tough #. Im the same, if i got hacked again and lost my details or what ever, it would be my own fault for typing it all out in the first place.
As said in a previous thread, there is always people who get injured in war.. cyber war is no different.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

The only way people can get real change is not by cyber warfare, but by gathering huge numbers to go and protest in front of Government buildings till the truth is known. Until then, all cyber warfare is going to cause is more restrictions being placed and the general public will just quietly go with the flow. Its how China is still up and running even after the Tienanmen incident..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

lol you're assuming that I'm some government snoop just because i don't like the way Anonymous operates?

Check my history of threads/posts and 'lo, I'm an undercover CIA user on ATS!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No dude.. lol. Seriously, if its going to happen, it'll happen.
Protests dont really do anything, UNLESS it gets violent, and people get hurt.

People sitting a million miles away, going into big companies websites, stealing and releasing information to the public.. Its like Robin Hood. Did the poor people who were getting coins preach he was a thief and crook? No.. he was a hero, and the one who provided a life for those people, and why? Because the rich in charge, had the power.. What you are saying is basically to go on the side of the rich fat cats.. let the people die, because to steal the money is as bad.. yet, when he did, it made a difference.

etc.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Instead of hacking, or starting cyber warfare, why not arrange large scale protests? Its not like Anonymous is short on supporters. They have like 179,000 fans on their Facebook group.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
why not arrange large scale protests?

They do.
we had a thread recently
I can't seem to find it but youtube returns a lot of video proof of these protests

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

sorry for the assumption but your either part of the problem or your part of the solution. look our govt has failed us they have destroyed the economy and crippled the future. if you have children or not I do not know but what kind of future will be there for them?. when they get out of college or university if they are not working for family what options will they have. I will make another assumption if you don't mind. if you drive what price are you currently paying for gas, if you work how much of your income is taken for tax ? when you buy food, how has that food been altered and how much do you pay ? these issues all fall under the responsibility of big business and govt both of which have agendas not in your favor. anonymous is a revolutionary response caused by a corrupt system of govt and big business that regular people are becoming aware of and are doing something about if you think that govt big business and organized religion have your best interest in mind i suggest the next wave of flu vaccinations you stand at the head of the line

top topics

join