It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP And Earthquakes?What's Your Take On This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So,I know this has been discussed many times,over and over again.
I,like many,disbelieve this HAARP ,earthquake connection.
Then a friend showed me this old youtube vid,and it made me think.
But ,I'm having a hard time convincing her that there is no connection.
I am still against the idea that HAARP is causing earthquake,
unless proven otherwise.

The United States has three ionospheric heating facilities: the HAARP, the HIPAS, near Fairbanks, Alaska, and (currently offline for modifications) one at the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico. The European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association (EISCAT) operates an ionospheric heating facility, capable of transmitting over 1 GW (1,000,000,000 watts) effective radiated power (ERP), near Tromsø in Norway. Russia has the Sura ionospheric heating facility, in Vasilsursk near Nizhniy Novgorod, capable of transmitting 190 MW ERP. Another site, operated by military sub-contractor under unknown arrangement between the US and Canadian government, is located near Cape Race, Newfoundland, Canada, at N46° 38.649' W53° 9.010' There is minimal or no grid power available at this site, so this may be a passive listening post for the transmissions emitted by other HAARP sites. In August 2002, further support for those critical of HAARP technology came from the State Duma (parliament) of Russia. The Duma published a critical report on the HAARP written by the international affairs and defense committees, signed by 90 deputies and presented to then President Vladimir Putin. The report claimed that "the U.S. is creating new integral geophysical weapons that may influence the near-Earth medium with high-frequency radio waves ... The significance of this qualitative leap could be compared to the transition from cold steel to firearms, or from conventional weapons to nuclear weapons. This new type of weapons differs from previous types in that the near-Earth medium becomes at once an object of direct influence and its component." However, given the timing of the Russian intervention, it is possible that it was related to a controversy at the time concerning the US withdrawal in June 2002 from the Russian-American Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty. This high level concern is paralleled in the April 1997 statement by the U.S. Secretary of Defense over the power of such electromagnetic weaponry. Russia owns and operates an ionospheric heater system as powerful as the HAARP, called 'Sura,' which is located roughly 150 km from the city of Nizhny Novgorod. The objectives of the HAARP project became the subject of controversy in the mid-1990s, following claims that the antennas could be used as a weapon. A small group of American physicists aired complaints in scientific journals such as Physics and Society, charging that the HAARP could be seeking ways to destroy or disable enemy spacecraft or disrupt communications over large portions of the planet. The physicist critics of the HAARP have had little complaint about the project's current stage, but have expressed fears that it could in the future be expanded into an experimental weapon, especially given that its funding comes from the Office of Naval Research and the Air Force Research Laboratory. These concerns were amplified by Bernard Eastlund, a physicist who developed some of the concepts behind the HAARP in the 1980s and proposed using high-frequency radio waves to beam large amounts of power into the ionosphere, energizing its electrons and ions in order to disable incoming missiles and knock out enemy satellite communications. The US military became interested in the idea as an alternative to the laser-based Strategic Defense Initiative. However, Eastlund's ideas were eventually dropped as SDI itself mutated into the more limited National Missile Defense of today. The contractors selected to build HAARP have denied that any of Eastlund's patents were used in the development of the project. After the physicists raised early concerns, the controversy was stoked by local activism. In September 1995, a book entitled Angels Don't Play This HAARP: Advances in Tesla Technology by the former teacher Nick Begich, Jr., son of the late Congressman Nick Begich (D-AK) and brother of U.S. Senator Mark Begich (D-AK), claimed that the project in its present stage could be used for "geophysical warfare Category: People & Blogs Tags: HAARP. HIPAS. Arecibo Observatory The European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association EISCAT. Tromsø Norway.Sura ionospheric heating facility. Vasilsursk .Bernard Eastlund. Angels Don't Play This HAARP.Nick Begich. Benjamin Fulford. Tesla Technology .geophysical warfare License: Standard YouTube License 464 likes, 31 dislikes

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sorry for that long link.
Lets break it down abit.

The United States has three ionospheric heating facilities: the HAARP, the HIPAS, near Fairbanks, Alaska, and (currently offline for modifications) one at the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico. The European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association (EISCAT) operates an ionospheric heating facility, capable of transmitting over 1 GW (1,000,000,000 watts) effective radiated power (ERP), near Tromsø in Norway. Russia has the Sura ionospheric heating facility, in Vasilsursk near Nizhniy Novgorod, capable of transmitting 190 MW ERP.

This is what the HAARP facility is advertising,as you will

The HF transmitter system is able to produce approximately 3.6 million Watts of radio frequency power. However, the HAARP transmitters have been designed to operate very linearly (in Class AB mode) so that they will not produce radio interference to other users of the radio spectrum. To achieve that degree of linearity, the transmitters operate at an efficiency of only about 45 %. For every 100 Watts of input power 45 Watts of Radio Frequency power is generated and the rest is lost in the transmitter cabinet as heat. (As an analogy, a 75 Watt light bulb gets quite hot while it's producing the light you actually see.) In addition, the on-site diesel generators must provide power for other equipment used by the transmitters including the cooling system and low level amplifier stages. As a result, approximately 10 million Watts of prime power will be required when the transmitter system is operating at full power.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

This is what HIPAS is advertising

High-power radiating facility at the HIPAS Observatory Wong, A. Y.; Carroll, J.; Dickman, R.; Harrison, W.; Huhn, W. Radio Science (ISSN 0048-6604), vol. 25, Nov.-Dec. 1990, p. 1269-1282. Research supported by the U.S. Navy. UCLA's RF ionospheric heater, 40 km east of Fairbanks, Alaska, consists of eight crossed dipole antennas arranged in a circular pattern to give a gain of 18.4 dB over isotropic at 2.85 MHz. At 1.2 MW total radiated power, the array has a calculated equivalent radiating power of 84 MW. The eight transmitter antennas are managed by a PC which controls power, modulation, and beam steering. Methods of tuning the antennas, to achieve either right (O mode) or left (X mode) circular polarized radiated beams are described.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
First off, beware of what Nick Begich, Jr says, that family is way out there, cant stop living off daddy's dead coat tails. Mark is a crooked Congrasman flat out, sell out to unions.

Ive been convinced since the famous Art Bell phone call to the HAARP station where the phone goes dead as the Operations manger explains how they turn the thing up and blast radio waves throught the atmospher.............. Phone goes dead and USAF Col. advises he will be handeling the rest of intierview.

Or how about the Fukashima earthquak going off right after HAARP was triggered???

Ever been out there and tried walking around the fenced area just to look around?? No you say?? Well I have and you dont get far before your kissing dirt.

The early radio antenna's (Elephant Cages) made me always think were the starting blocks for HAARP.

Another place you can't "just" walk around it

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

its possible on small scale, watch a doc. called weather warfare, they talk about haarp weather weapons and earthquake triggers, they create a small scale and it works. The concept of project energy waves on a fault line to trigger it is theoreticaly possible

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The OP video was a Benjamin Fulford video in disguise. Someone call the army of Ninjas, to fight his army of Ninjas!

Ninja Assassin...

edit on 4-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The OP video was a Benjamin Fulford video in disguise. Someone call the army of Ninjas, to fight his army of Ninjas!

Ninja Assassin...

edit on 4-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Oh,ninja assassin.
Thank you for the insight.
Now I have some ammunition to battle my cause.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I figure that is exactly what it is, a weapon. The psychotic US govt does NOT spend big money on building ANY type of facility like that unless there is some way of using it as a weapon. Death and destruction are the only things they want. They claim it is for "atmospheric research". Yep, research on how to kill more people, that's all they care about.

If it is just innocent research, how come no one is allowed to even look at it?

And I think that one in Norway had something to do with that weird spiral that happened last year.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I figure that is exactly what it is, a weapon. The psychotic US govt does NOT spend big money on building ANY type of facility like that unless there is some way of using it as a weapon. Death and destruction are the only things they want. They claim it is for "atmospheric research". Yep, research on how to kill more people, that's all they care about.

If it is just innocent research, how come no one is allowed to even look at it?

And I think that one in Norway had something to do with that weird spiral that happened last year.

I wonder,with that comment,what is all the reasoning behind all the money and research behind the
MRO project.Thats Mars.And the asteroid visit of recent.
If they kill all the people,there will be no money coming in.
But they make the money.
And our economic belief system is a big lie.
Get rid of the people,get rid of the money.What are you left with?
The way life use to be.Natural and in harmony. Live off the land.
Thats to hard to do.
So why kill off the workers supporting the elite?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
At least one group in the insurance industry believes it.

www.cftc.gov...@lrfederalregister/documents/frcomment/08-004c002.pdf

link won't post (too long) you'll have to cut and paste and add appropriate // and .
http www cftc.gov/ucm/groups/public/@lrfederalregister/documents/frcomment/08-004c002.pdf

They don't want to be responsible for military made disasters. All related to Air Force 2025 and the non-existent Star Wars program
edit on 4-8-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
At least one group in the insurance industry believes it.

www.cftc.gov...@lrfederalregister/documents/frcomment/08-004c002.pdf

link won't post (too long) you'll have to cut and paste and add appropriate // and .
http www cftc.gov/ucm/groups/public/@lrfederalregister/documents/frcomment/08-004c002.pdf

They don't want to be responsible for military made disasters. All related to Air Force 2025 and the non-existent Star Wars program
edit on 4-8-2011 by KSprepared because: (no reason given)

Didn't know that.
Need to check my policy and read the fine print.

I am protected against a mad racoon chewing on my electrical wires in the attic,thus setting it on fire.

edit on 4-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Also, if our enemies are developing and using it, don't you think we are too? Don't we like to stay ahead of the curve?

Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen

'Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.'

www.defense.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
Also, if our enemies are developing and using it, don't you think we are too? Don't we like to stay ahead of the curve?

Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen

'Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.'

www.defense.gov...

And other things.
Many things.
Lets expand on that excerpt

Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

Trying to devise.Meaning hasn't happen yet.
And what are the "others" engaging in?

I think this has something to do with Saddam Hussein and pinning him with WMD.

A: I think Secretary Albright articulated our policy as far as dealing with Iraq, that it's clear that we have been unable to strike any kind of a productive relationship with Saddam Hussein, and as soon as Saddam Hussein is no longer the head of that government, that there's new regime that follows him, that we will look forward to finding ways in which we could engage them in a much more productive fashion, particularly after they comply with all of the UN sanctions. There's an eagerness on our part to do that. But I think as long as he remains in office as the head of that state, it's unlikely that we could have anything but the current policy in place, with very little prospects for relief.

www.defense.gov...

Sound familiar,anyone??
edit on 4-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Here is some interesting research into the area:

presscore.ca...

Not only a land based system, but also on ships now.

join