It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People that post threads about internet explorer users having a low IQ, have a low IQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Im ashamed, mortified and apologetic, I am defeated and broken.
Why you may ask?

Well a few days back I posted this thread about people that use internet explorer having a lower then average IQ.

Now it seems, according to this story from the BBC that the whole story was a big fat lie, a fake, a fraud, a con if you will

Questions about the authenticity of the story were raised by readers of the BBC website who established that the company which put out the research - ApTiquant - appeared to have only set up its website in the past month. Thumbnail images of the firm's staff on the website also matched those on the site of French research company Central Test, although many of the names had been changed.

So there you go, I hold my hands up ready to meet my doom, have at me as you will.

Apologies to all of the Internet explorer users out there, I prostrate myself before you in the hope of forgiveness

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Already posted.. Link

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

gahhh now I fail twice!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Even it the study was a hoax, it is still essentially true. There is no reason for someone with an adequate amount of computer knowledge to use IE. It is ugly, slow, fulls of security holes, and keeps your computer very vulnerable to attack. Because it is built directly into the OS, your entire computer to bite the dust from something like a browser hijacker, which are more common than most people realize, and especially more common with IE.

People with enough computer knowledge to maintain a computer almost always choose Firefox or the newer Chrome. They are many times more aesthetically customizable, faster, they have more options, and are more secure.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
slaps davespanners with a large trout

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wot!!!
3rd

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I accept your apology

but i use firefox anyhow......so i must have lots of smarticles
edit on 3-8-2011 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Even it the study was a hoax, it is still essentially true. There is no reason for someone with an adequate amount of computer knowledge to use IE. It is ugly, slow, fulls of security holes, and keeps your computer very vulnerable to attack. Because it is built directly into the OS, your entire computer to bite the dust from something like a browser hijacker, which are more common than most people realize, and especially more common with IE.

People with enough computer knowledge to maintain a computer almost always choose Firefox or the newer Chrome. They are many times more aesthetically customizable, faster, they have more options, and are more secure.
edit on 3-8-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

There are so many fanboy points in you post it's hard to bother to reply. But, in fact on Vista and above IE8 (and above) is actually more secure. Privledge seperation and sandboxing actually works wonders. You suggestion that a browser hijack loses the box simply is not true.

Now if you want to go on about IE6 and IE7, go for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I downloaded firefox in a hurry

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
All of you people talking about security holes and how unsafe IE is...

Please provide examples for those who are "not so smart".

I prefer to use IE - and yes I do have FF and Chrome installed - but they are hardly worth my time in most cases, and I don't find anything ugly about IE. While my IQ is definitely NOT mensa quality, its higher than "average" (I won't tell you because you won't believe me anyway).

I spelled out all of my points in the other IE threads when they were posted, no sense in reiterating them here.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
From my experience almost everyone in Mensa uses Firefox with the appropriate protective plug-ins.

(including myself)

It doesn't take a genius to know that the most ubiquitous browser will be the most common target of exploits, hacks, and malware by default.

I strongly reccomend that those who can change over to using Firefox (or a similarly sophisticated browser like Chorme) a.s.a.p.

You have been warned.

top topics

join