It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And so it begins, my friends are beginning to ask questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
After all of the comosion of privacy settings on Facebook I decided to close my account. Especially with all of the back stabbing that goes on on there, and It was getting people into trouble at work. But I missed the information people were putting on there. I added ATS and afew people from that page to keep up with things that might not make it to ATS. So, anyway, I reopened my account so i could do the same thing. I've started posting videos and articles that interest me and help spread the word a bit too and sure enough my work colleges are starting to ask about the photos of 'clouds' that I've been posting in Hastings against chemtrails. All I tell them us to research these things themselves and make their own minds up.

It made me think how YOU answer people who look at you with strange expressions when you have posted something that is rarely heard of or are talking about certain subjects that involves things we talk about on ATS?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey, it's better than doing nothing. I had a really intelligent person once tell me that knowledge is worthless unless you are able to convey it to others who can use it. In this case it seems you are waking the sheeple at your work one by one. Hopefully, it hits home and they find a way to make it personal and tell their friends. Domino effect at it's best. Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

I don't do it. I do not facebook any of the people I work with and I only post articles on FB that are not too far out there for my friends to understand. Of my friends I am the one that is the biggest conspiracy theorist and I love seeking out this kind of information. I have learned to be selective with whom I share info. If I find info that is needing to be shared I will research other more traditional sources that support the info so the original source (conspiracy website) will not be the topic of conversation rather than what I am trying to expose. good luck

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

I have had so many new people asking questions about all of this stuff. I tell them also to do a little searching for their own information, and you know what, they have been bringing me stuff they have found. Its always fun waking up people. I think it can be hard deciding where to start a person off at, and have them take it seriously. I usualy start them off with zietgeist, and some of the obama deceptions, leaving the sumerian text for way later. A good way to get a sleeping sheeple to open their eyes is give them the TRUE story of Ruby Ridge and what they did to that family and then show them where all the shooters ended up after this incident they would be surprised. get them to see the governement and wha they are capabel of, then if you want to show them what they are facing now them lead them to the story of Klly Thomas, who was jus killed by fullerton cops, and they will see what they are really up against.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have my life at work, and I have my life away from work, very rarely will you see me skew those lines. Although I am only on FB from time to time, mostly to say happy bday to friends or family, I don't choose to use FB to post what's going on in my life, or my interest. To me it is purely a social tool to keep in touch with select people.

Although the percentage is going up, there are not as many people in this world with as open a mind as you or I may have. To try and make them understand will only be an injustice to yourself, since they will most likely label you as a quack because of it. To ignore the question is also an injustice, as they will attempt to come to a conclusion on their own, and there is nothing that I hate more than people analyzing me that have no idea who I really am.
So this is the place for a very simple white lie...."I was taking pictures of _____, to help with my kids/siblings/cousins, school project...just using facebook to post the shots." That or a similar lie will get you out of the hot seat w/o raising any suspicion. The blank can be filled w/ cloud, plane contrail, whatever you like....

There needs to be a line drawn b/w work and play, the advancement in your career can easily be hindered by someone's biased opinions of you. Right or wrong it is the truth. Not all of us can do what we love and make a profit with it, if what we love is against the norm, it is proper to keep it to yourself and those close to you....and of course ATS!!
edit on 8/2/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I post threads from ATS on FB but the people who only ever reply are ATS members or my ex boyfriends dad.

Most people on my FB are blind to the world and only care about whether you comment their pics and every movement their kid makes or they make...and the list goes on.

Now in my every day life people ask all the time. I meet some very interesting people in the world because of my job and there are more people "awake" than most think.

I have actually been surprised at the amount of people i have met from around the world who know ATS style topics and issues and can and will discuss them.

Most people won't say anything unless you say something first but I am known as the "hot goofy conspiracy space loving nut" of the bunch there so most people already know my interests and if they dont they will when I talk to them.

I have a few people who come to see me because of my beliefs and interests. To some of these people I am the only person they can talk to without being told they are crazy or paranoid, it's kind of nice they come to me and I don't mind discussing their stories or personal experiences. I have had many people tell me about "lost time" or ufos they saw or possible alien abduction...or many other things you'd find in the Grey Area forum.

When people don't know about something and ask I give them what info I know and my opinion, then I tell them to read for themselves and make their OWN decision. I usually tell people to think for themselves and to not let other peoples influence them and their beliefs.

edit on 8/2/2011 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Nice to see I’m not alone on this one...

Most of the topics I bring up my mates could not care any less about; literally to the point they just laugh and call it BS. However, I have one friend who see's the world exactly as I do and can comprehend it all. Whether discussing UFOs or Politics there is no laughing behind backs going on, just the erg to gain more insight and knowledge on the topic.

I don’t post anything conspiracy related to my FB as I then have to deal with a bunch of sn!ggering comments which frankly, I'd rather not deal with.

It's just a shame that so many people refuse to Deny Ignorance...

edit on 2/8/11 by TrixXxtaR because: By-Pass Word Censor.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
From all the posts so far on this thread I have read, I'm pretty much consistant with the approach they take to sharing information. I'm only in high school so of course I've got a lot of people that WON'T listen to me. For the people that do, some of my friends, they don't know much or get access to much. I tell them to believe what they want, that I could be wrong on everything, but that I'm just trying to help them out as a friend. Knowledge spread is another life spared. I hope you do well with getting your messages out.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think that many people here, have been in the same situation, and so have I.

And now I have just stopped talking about it. I dont really want to discuss it with anyone, because it feels like that the majority of the people, dont give a crap about it.

They ask, and I tell them, but its like nothing went into their heads. As another poster said here, they just want to do what they use to do, and dont care about whats going on in the world. -- Its about themselves all the time.
Puuh, enough rant from me now, hehe.

But I think what you are doing, are the only and right thing to tell them. Go search for yourselves, and make up your own mind, it cant really be that hard.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Another just woke up!
Theres a new boy at my work now and he's only about 17/18 and yesterday he came up to me and said 'your different aren't you?' I said how do you mean? He said 'you think differently, can I talk to you?'
Of corse I said yes, I'm always willing to here people out on what ever matters they have on the off chance I may be able to help.
He started telling me he dosent understand the way humans are these days and he said he thinks on December 21 2011 everyone is going to 'wake up'
This took me by surprise and I am now the only one he can talk to about this sort of thing.
He also said he thinks the spice girls are a big part of the way girls/women are now, the whole dumbing down and attitudes sort of go together and I couldn't help but agree. He hit so many different areas that I'm not used to talking openly about but so shoeless at him as he dosent know what he's talking about and admitted that himself. As soon as I said 'does it feel like you've woken up?' he started giggling and let out a huge sigh and said that's exactly how he feels.
Makes you wonder how many young people or old people for that matter have woken up and are looking for the ones who are already awake for guidence.
This is just a quick post before I head off to work, I'll be back on here later.

top topics

join