It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry's War, 1981: "I declare war on the IRS!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
hey ats

for anyone who has netflix, check out "harry's war" on instant watch. it's an indie comedy about a guy that inherits the property of an old friend, who happens to be most wanted by the IRS. it's pretty lighthearted and upbeat, the movie isn't terrible, but some of the dialogue is very interesting. anyone who is interested in the IRS fraud would love this movie. i wasn't sure which way the movie was going to lean, until the hour mark in the movie, when a government official storms into the secretary of treasury's office, who is worried about the interview the secretary of treasury just gave. the government official is outraged and yells "this whole damn system works on a bluff, and you know that!"

i was impressed. apparently the movie is also on google video, but missing the first 20 minutes.
thought i should bring it to yall's attention

ETA: i'd love to see a clip of that particular scene about the IRS being a bluff, or at least a soundbyte, it's a good one. if anyone is up to it, it would be greatly appreciated!
edit on 1-8-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
here's the movie from google video. it's missing a big chunk of the beginning of the movie, however.

Google Video Link

join