It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo3 ruined, Blizzard to implement real money, player-driven online Auction House.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.diablowiki.com...

Wasted 10 years having high hopes for this game, now they do THIS !!

Another game ruined with ingame real money sells... every little rich kid you meet in multiplayer is going to have epic gear from the beginning, and if you want to keep up the gear race.. you have to use real money to to BUY items...

More and more games have this SHxT and now BLIZZARD !!! omg.. SHAME on you blizzard... !!

I will NOT buy this GAME and support this kind of crap. Diablo2 was a awsome game, WHY ? because you buy the game and you play the game.. no ingame sells of items

omg... im so angry, please dont support D3 before they CHANGE this
edit on 1-8-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Star and Flag, OP.

I hope Blizzard sees this.

We have been waiting too long.

Diablo players ( and starcraft players) made Blizzard what it is and we need to remind them of that.

You f-ed up our game, Blizzard, and we are pissed.

I am not buying it.

Period.

Let's let em hear it, ATS Gamers!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

why so bad ? , become a pk , and an mfer, make yourself a fortune if you get the connection

mephistoxtwentythousandBox

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
thats a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
thats a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT...

I couldn't agree more. I was looking forward to using this as an excuse to get a new computer. But, alas. I don't plan on buying into that sort of shenanigans.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It says on that Wiki that "Blizzard will not sell items." So all those little rich kids paying real money for epic gear will be lining YOUR pockets full of cash to buy it, what's so wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry, but reality strikes...
Everyone was by passing this anyway... it was just impossible to fight.. anyone in this game knew that they could pay $100 to get full epics in Wow... and leveling from 1-80 was 60$...

Sad to say, but we live in a world of markets and no amount of blizz policing will stop a black market... 10k Gold is at an all time low on most servers...

Agreed with u in theory.. but it is sort of like thinking you will get the Babe to love you because of your wonderful personality.......

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arekoteya
It says on that Wiki that "Blizzard will not sell items." So all those little rich kids paying real money for epic gear will be lining YOUR pockets full of cash to buy it, what's so wrong with that?

EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A game should be somehing you buy.. and then play, no one should be able to "BUY" themself to fame and fortune.
its a very very bad thing that im seeing more and more in mmo´s.

And its also a sick way of pumping all the money out of small kids, and it would not be a "enjoyable" game anymore, but a race to farm most item to sell on that GOD DAM AUCTION HOUSE !!11.. auction house game, yay.

SICK BLIZZARD !! I HATE U

PLUS !!!

They take a fee for each auction, so YES blizzard earns on this to

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I see a lot of people pissing and moaning about this around the internets. I just don't get it. Who cares really? Players were going to trade in game items and characters for real life money anyway. They did it in D2, and they did it in WoW. Blizz just wants their piece of the action. Maybe we will be able to turn a little profit from this. Certainly isn't game breaking in the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson
I see a lot of people pissing and moaning about this around the internets. I just don't get it. Who cares really? Players were going to trade in game items and characters for real life money anyway. They did it in D2, and they did it in WoW. Blizz just wants their piece of the action. Maybe we will be able to turn a little profit from this. Certainly isn't game breaking in the least.

Comments like that... is not helping us gamers to stop this major problem !

YES it is... the trading of items with real money in D2 was on forums around the net, this time in D3 it will be a ingame auction house.. it will be a auction house game.. and it will be overcrowded with small kids ganking your ass because you dont buy items like they do..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ok.. not going to comment more in this thread, im going to lie down before I explode.

And NO.. HELL NO !! it is and will NEVER be a good idea with a ingame realmoney item purchase system.

please never support these kind of games... or the market will be flooded with this crap

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is such a joke, I know some of my mates will be well pissed off about this.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Vandalour, you don't have to participate..

As has been said in this thread, selling and buying of items is going to happen regardless.

Blizzard is just taking control of the situation. 15 year old kids with rich parents (or skillz, as was my case with D2) are going to be raping you in D3 anyway..because there will always be a market to buy/sell/trade items. This will allow Blizzard some control over the item market.

You can bet there will still be private companies collecting items and using the in game auction house to sell them. Blizzard is simply housing the marketplace within their game FOR YOUR PROTECTION. Can you see how this is the case? Also, with a forum for ALL item sellers, competition will drop prices and set a standard.. This really is a case of making an undesirable but inevitable situation better for everyone.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
Vandalour, you don't have to participate..

As has been said in this thread, selling and buying of items is going to happen regardless.

Blizzard is just taking control of the situation. 15 year old kids with rich parents (or skillz, as was my case with D2) are going to be raping you in D3 anyway..because there will always be a market to buy/sell/trade items. This will allow Blizzard some control over the item market.

You can bet there will still be private companies collecting items and using the in game auction house to sell them. Blizzard is simply housing the marketplace within their game FOR YOUR PROTECTION. Can you see how this is the case? Also, with a forum for ALL item sellers, competition will drop prices and set a standard.. This really is a case of making an undesirable but inevitable situation better for everyone.

They should go hunt the blackmarket.. not bring the crap to my doorstep, and just give up. Sure they will loose the war against blackmarket. but it was better that way...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So basically, they're rewarding gold farmers.

While some of us just want to play a game, Blizzard will be rewarding throngs of Chinese farming companies who abuse the prison system by making the convicts play endlessly, farming items and gold.

And all in the name of taking a cut of the profits. Some of you say this would happen anyway, why not control it? No it would not happen anyway in properly coded software - there are many MMOs out there that do not have duping. This is a shameless way to increase profits.

Good job Blizzard, you just lost a customer of 15 years.

Khar

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
So basically, they're rewarding gold farmers.

While some of us just want to play a game, Blizzard will be rewarding throngs of Chinese farming companies who abuse the prison system by making the convicts play endlessly, farming items and gold.

And all in the name of taking a cut of the profits. Some of you say this would happen anyway, why not control it? No it would not happen anyway in properly coded software - there are many MMOs out there that do not have duping. This is a shameless way to increase profits.

Good job Blizzard, you just lost a customer of 15 years.

Khar

Face it, they never gave a toss about gold farmers in the first place.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I did face it, I'm not giving them a dime.

Have fun sending your money to China.
I'll play The Old Republic instead.

Khar

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Blizzard who?

Di- what-lo?

Never heard of it.

There is Oblivion, however.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I feel you bro, this just makes me not want to buy the game and I probably wont. But its all about the money like everything else, and really from what I have seen diablo 3 is a sub par game that so far from what I have seen just lives of its predecessor diablo 1 and 2. The game really had better have something new and never before seen or it better be huge in scope, because so far from what I have seen it really is not that impressive.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Guys its just a game and to say that this is gonna ruin the fun in the game is just dumb. There is what like max 4-5 players per game? And you have the option to go solo.. I really don't see what the big deal is. Blizzard has to make money some how. Would you rather they charge you monthly fee? Didn't think so.

So please stop hating on Blizzard, Diablo 3 is gonna be amazing compared to all other 3D side scrolling mmorpgs.

top topics

join